Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Rogue in TAS is what turned me into an x-men fan, perfect combo of sexy and bad-ass.

Evo and WATX Rogue didn't have the flight or suprstrength, and she was an angsty teenager so I didn't care for them as much.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    LOL! Exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks, staptik777.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    What are the critics saying? I think Evo Rogue is the best she's been done in any movie or TV show. She had the sass and southern charm she is known for but was also super useful and a force to be reckoned with. She was also arguably one of the characters who got the most focus and character development.
    Yeah, as many have already stated, EVO Rogue was emo to the max. Also, crushing big-time on Cyke.

But, I'll forever treasure X-Men: Evolution and I'll always consider these additions quite endearing...

LOL her bitch-slapping Cain is iconic.

I loved both TAS and Evo Rogue, they showed both parts of her core personality IMO. Her sassy and confident side with some vulnerability (TAS) and her punk, reckless and emo side (EVO). Evo is more like 80s Rogue while TAS is 90s. TAS had great action scenes and better humor while Evo Rogue probably showed much more character development.

WaXM is my least favorite depiction of her of the three, she had some good moments but she kind of felt like a watered down version of Evo with less focus. Though the random lesbian friendship with Domino was amusing.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-20-2020 at 08:57 PM.

yesss to the evo rogue love. such a fresh adaptation ofthe character <3

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Is Rogue actually the only X-Men so far who openly said she doubts about all what's going on on Krakoa?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    LOL her bitch-slapping Cain is iconic.

I loved both TAS and Evo Rogue, they showed both parts of her core personality IMO. Her sassy and confident side with some vulnerability (TAS) and her punk, reckless and emo side (EVO). Evo is more like 80s Rogue while TAS is 90s. TAS had great action scenes and better humor while Evo Rogue probably showed much more character development.

WaXM is my least favorite depiction of her of the three, she had some good moments but she kind of felt like a watered down version of Evo with less focus. Though the random lesbian friendship with Domino was amusing.
    Totally agree.

Evo Rogue is a great depiction for a teenage Rogue (80s) and she definitely had the best character development and focus in the series. The angst and anger make sense, even if I was less into her goth aesthetic. It grew on me eventually. I also loved seeing her use her absorption powers.

XTAS Rogue had more confidence and sass, what I'd expect from a more mature adult Rogue (90s). Plus the flying brick moments are too fun to miss out on. She doesn't use her absorption as much and it seems far more risky/costly than in Evo. Love her big hair and big personality. She is the Rogue that first brought me into comics, so she'll always be a favorite.

Somewhere between these two is probably the perfect Rogue depiction for me.

But yeah, WatXM didn't accomplish her character quite as well as the other two. I hated her desgn in that show. And her obsessive codependence on Logan felt weird, no doubt influenced by the FOX movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Totally agree.

Evo Rogue is a great depiction for a teenage Rogue (80s) and she definitely had the best character development and focus in the series. The angst and anger make sense, even if I was less into her goth aesthetic. It grew on me eventually. I also loved seeing her use her absorption powers.

XTAS Rogue had more confidence and sass, what I'd expect from a more mature adult Rogue (90s). Plus the flying brick moments are too fun to miss out on. She doesn't use her absorption as much and it seems far more risky/costly than in Evo. Love her big hair and big personality. She is the Rogue that first brought me into comics, so she'll always be a favorite.

Somewhere between these two is probably the perfect Rogue depiction for me.

But yeah, WatXM didn't accomplish her character quite as well as the other two. I hated her desgn in that show. And her obsessive codependence on Logan felt weird, no doubt influenced by the FOX movies.
    I'll never understand why the Fox movies forced Rogue into that role when they had both Kitty AND Jubilee to choose from.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'll never understand why the Fox movies forced Rogue into that role when they had both Kitty AND Jubilee to choose from.
    I'll never understand a lot of Fox's decisions
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They needed her powers for the plot. . .then they never used them again.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

Rogue in TAS is what turned me into an x-men fan, perfect combo of sexy and bad-ass.

Evo and WATX Rogue didn't have the flight or suprstrength, and she was an angsty teenager so I didn't care for them as much.
    I still liked them. I missed the Ms. Marvel powers. And I really wanted a AEMH and WATXM crossover. They were on the same Earth.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

100% agreed!! tas rogue for the win.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is Rogue to me...

artist: Aaron Edzerza https://www.behance.net/AaronEdzerza

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    This is Rogue to me...

artist: Aaron Edzerza https://www.behance.net/AaronEdzerza
    All powerful! I love it!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Do you guys think Rogue would be better used outside Excalibur? I don't think Tini's done a good job with the character (or Gambit).
    I think maybe they'd be better fits for Marauders, but they may get overshadowed by Hellfire politics.
    Any other ideas as to where she'd shine best?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you guys think Rogue would be better used outside Excalibur? I don't think Tini's done a good job with the character (or Gambit).
    I think maybe they'd be better fits for Marauders, but they may get overshadowed by Hellfire politics.
    Any other ideas as to where she'd shine best?
    I think Rogue (and Gambit) are totally being underutilized in Excalibur. Jubilee too.

I'm not sure any of the other titles are ideal for them either given the already full character casts, but I'd say either X-Force or Marauders seem like potentially better fits.