Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd also prefer them in separate teams.
    I could see Rogue replacing Jean in X-force and I kind of want Gambit to join X-factor. A thief helping solve crimes could be gold.
    It could be cool, actually... It has potential.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I like Hellions right now. It's got great art, and Rogue would fit in well with that crew.

All of the magic mumbo jumbo in Excalibur never appealed to me in the first place.
    It doesn't make sense that Rogue has magic ties... that whole team feels a bit disjointed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She doesn't have magic ties.
    None of the X-Men currently featured in Excalibur has ties to magic. That does not mean they can't be involved in a story about/centred around magic. (It would not be the first time non magical mutants were utilised in such)

o--[A]--o is using magic to achieve his goals of breaching Arakko's mystical dimension to bring back his OH, hence XoS...Betsy and Co. are just his vanguard against physical threats.
    After XoS is done who knows what stories/direction Tini will take Excalibur?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She doesn't have magic ties.
    None of the X-Men currently featured in Excalibur has ties to magic. That does not mean they can't be involved in a story about/centred around magic. (It would not be the first time non magical mutants were utilised in such)

o--[A]--o is using magic to achieve his goals of breaching Arakko's mystical dimension to bring back his OH, hence XoS...Betsy and Co. are just his vanguard against physical threats.
    After XoS is done who knows what stories/direction Tini will take Excalibur?
    That might be why the book sucks and the cast does not work for it. Just saying.....

I like Hellions right now. It's got great art, and Rogue would fit in well with that crew.

All of the magic mumbo jumbo in Excalibur never appealed to me in the first place.
    Not really. Rogue would not make sense over in Hellions bc she doesnt fit the concept. The only scenario where she would would be as a replacement for Kwannon, but Kwannon is there and Rogue would be redundant
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-28-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Not really. Rogue would not make sense over in Hellions bc she doesnt fit the concept. The only scenario where she would would be as a replacement for Kwannon, but Kwannon is there and Rogue would be redundant

She's fit into that type of team before, I don't see why she wouldn't now.

You could keep psylocke in as 2nd in command, it's not like they have the exact same powerset.

Am I the only one who seriously misses Rogue's friendships ? I was pretty happy to see her get close to Betsy in Excalibur, but I've always loved her dynamics with Iceman, Cannonball and Nightcrawler and I really miss not seeing them interact with each other
    The last time we saw Rogue with Cannonball was in No Surrender
    And Rogue hasn't interacted with Bobby and Kurt since they were her best men at her wedding (I know, we saw Bobby and Rogue exchange a few jokes before Romy's housewarming but there's been nothing else since)
    And then it would make more sense if other people than Remy and Betsy were outraged at what Apocalypse did to Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Am I the only one who seriously misses Rogue's friendships ? I was pretty happy to see her get close to Betsy in Excalibur, but I've always loved her dynamics with Iceman, Cannonball and Nightcrawler and I really miss not seeing them interact with each other
    The last time we saw Rogue with Cannonball was in No Surrender
    And Rogue hasn't interacted with Bobby and Kurt since they were her best men at her wedding (I know, we saw Bobby and Rogue exchange a few jokes before Romy's housewarming but there's been nothing else since)
    And then it would make more sense if other people than Remy and Betsy were outraged at what Apocalypse did to Rogue
    Seriously. No other relationships were focused on beyond Gambit... And it's a shame.

She's fit into that type of team before, I don't see why she wouldn't now.

You could keep psylocke in as 2nd in command, it's not like they have the exact same powerset.
    Um no. Hellions has a very specific premise. The cast is made up of mutants that are psychotic, who's powers lead them to not be able to function well in normal society. These mutants are not well adjusted and killing is second nature to them. That does not describe Rogue and where she is at in her life at all. She does not need rehabilitation and she isnt a sadist thats on the verge of murdering or harming people for kicks. She would need to suffer a major setback for her to fit that which itself would be regression and not a good direction to take the character

I probably need to reread the issues but was there a reason Rogue was put in a coffin during the first Excalibur story arc? Or is that a dangling plot thread that has been forgotten.

Also yes I agree, this is what I feared would happen if they were put into a book together as a couple. They are written as one character instead of two and any other relationships they might have are basically ignored.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She attempted to link with a Krakoan portal to Avalon but Betsy blew up the portal from the other side, and Rogue was caught in the magical backlash. She was physically affected somehow and Krakoa placed her in a stasis sleep and placed in a magical bier which was then used as a magical nexus point by o--[A]--o

When she woke up...she was filled with magical energy and her powers were changed to now having full control of her abilities. The release of the energy she absorbed created the gateway to Avalon (your main reason for the plot) when she killed o--[A]--o

It was all resolved in issue 05.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2020 at 05:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um no. Hellions has a very specific premise. The cast is made up of mutants that are psychotic, who's powers lead them to not be able to function well in normal society. These mutants are not well adjusted and killing is second nature to them. That does not describe Rogue and where she is at in her life at all. She does not need rehabilitation and she isnt a sadist thats on the verge of murdering or harming people for kicks. She would need to suffer a major setback for her to fit that which itself would be regression and not a good direction to take the character
    There's no need to change Rogue's character for her to fit into the book. She's fulfilled a similar role before leading a team that included villains that included sabretooth and mystique.

In general it's a bad idea to have a team composed 100% of psychos. You need someone who's on got the mental and physical ability to keep a team like that under control, and Rogue clearly has both.

There's no need to change Rogue's character for her to fit into the book. She's fulfilled a similar role before leading a team that included villains that included sabretooth and mystique.

In general it's a bad idea to have a team composed 100% of psychos. You need someone who's on got the mental and physical ability to keep a team like that under control, and Rogue clearly has both.
    And thats a role that Kwannon already fufills. Like I said earlier, Rogue would be redundant and quite frankly Kwannon needs the space to develop as a character which is why its fitting that she is the one that is there. The book already has a large cast with Maddie as a potential new member. There is no need for two characters to fill the same position

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She attempted to link with a Krakoan portal to Avalon but Betsy blew up the portal from the other side, and Rogue was caught in the magical backlash. She was physically affected somehow and Krakoa placed her in a stasis sleep and placed in a magical bier which was then used as a magical nexus point by o--[A]--o

When she woke up...she was filled with magical energy and her powers were changed to now having full control of her abilities. The release of the energy she absorbed created the gateway to Avalon (your main reason for the plot) when she killed o--[A]--o

It was all resolved in issue 05.
    Wow, I read all that and completely forgot about the plot. Can't say it was memorable.
    I hope Tini can find a better storyline for her.

Agreed with you.

Bravo.

The Rogue team by mikecarey = hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

My edits of Alexandra Daddario as Rogue.
    Alex is the real Rogue . Please marvel mcu 💪💪💪💪💪