Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I just realized that Rogue will be celebrating her 40th anniversary of existence in comics on January 1st
    And Marvel likely wont even acknowledge it. That would have been the month to have her show up in a series of variant covers across the line

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I just realized that Rogue will be celebrating her 40th anniversary of existence in comics on January 1st
    January 1st? As far as I can remember, Avengers Annual #10 came out in August of 1981.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    January 1st? As far as I can remember, Avengers Annual #10 came out in August of 1981.
    Oops
    I read the wrong date, my mistake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Would love to see Marvel acknowledge it. What do you think of Rogue being introduced in the Captain Marvel 2 movie, as rumours suggest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I miss her being an Avenger. And this situation was why I was super weary of her coming back to the X-Books and didn't agree with people being excited that she was "coming back home", unless there is writer that clearly loves her in the office and has some pull with editorial (ala Carey) she gets ignored and side-lined a lot in recent times. There is too many characters in this franchise.

And unfortunately my gut feeling was right, she got stuck in a book with a writer that clearly does not care about the character. Sad.
    For whatever reason Marcel decided to disband the unity team of Avengers. With Krakoa as a nation you’d think a unity te would make more sense than ever. I mean now the Avengers have no mutant members.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I miss her being an Avenger. And this situation was why I was super weary of her coming back to the X-Books and didn't agree with people being excited that she was "coming back home", unless there is writer that clearly loves her in the office and has some pull with editorial (ala Carey) she gets ignored and side-lined a lot in recent times. There is too many characters in this franchise.

And unfortunately my gut feeling was right, she got stuck in a book with a writer that clearly does not care about the character. Sad.
    And that right there is a real shame... Maybe now that Betsy is MIA, she can take the lead. But I can see them giving it to Jubes just to rub salt in our wounds.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

She needs to be done with Excalibur. It would be cool to see she and Gambit join Scott in Jean in their newly formed X-men team, wherever that makes its debut

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She needs to be done with Excalibur. It would be cool to see she and Gambit join Scott in Jean in their newly formed X-men team, wherever that makes its debut
    I can see it. There was a silhouette behind Jean that gave me Gambit vibes. Maybe Rogue joins too. At least I hope so. Would love to see Hickman tackle Rogue.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

In agreement with you about the fight with Sinister, but it definitely was interesting during Silvestri's run...

Another one of the pics that makes me miss Silvestri, I'm surprised this wasn't the cover of that swimsuit issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Another one of the pics that makes me miss Silvestri, I'm surprised this wasn't the cover of that swimsuit issue.
    I know, right?! But they certainly made amends with a cover for the '93 Swimsuit Special...

...and then another one for the '95 Swimsuit Special:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! But they certainly made amends with a cover for the '93 Swimsuit Special...

...and then another one for the '95 Swimsuit Special:

That's right, she was a well deserved 2x cover girl.

I don't think any of the other marvel superheroines got that honor.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    That's right, she was a well deserved 2x cover girl.

I don't think any of the other marvel superheroines got that honor.
    To the utmost, I agree. In fact, Jim Lee should receive some credit for getting the ball rolling...

Astonishing Member

Lol, that’s probably when marvel got the idea to do a swimsuit issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    For whatever reason Marcel decided to disband the unity team of Avengers. With Krakoa as a nation you’d think a unity te would make more sense than ever. I mean now the Avengers have no mutant members.
    I’m not too surprised. Having a ‘unity squad’ around probably won’t mesh with Hickman’s quasi-isolationist vibe.

^ Yea that was probably one of the big reasons. Though UA was probably mostly disbanded because the Avengers office itself was restructuring and it had served it's purpose in mending some bad fences between the X-Men and Avengers post AvX and IvX.

I do wish we'd kept it though, it was a nice book to see some bonding you rarely get to see between teams and representatives.