Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

oooh I'm a bit behind then! This is so stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Question I’m hoping Rogue fans can answer for me, do we know what Anna Marie called Raven and Irene as a little girl?
    Mom, mommy, mama, momma?
    Besides X-MEN UNLIMITED #4 (which's attention to details was NIL) and the 2nd volume of ROGUE which shows us her early pre-Sisterhood of Mutants life in Caldecott County,I haven't found a lot of references to pin down how old Rogue would have been when she was taken in by Mystique and Destiny to back up the "little girl" Rogue. To be sure the earliest portrayal of their family unit/terrorist cel in DAZZLER was fairly cold with Rogue being treated as a weapon. Subsequent portrayals softened the dynamic.
    As SchismOfMadroces mentioned in the animated series Rogue is shown to refer to Mystique as "Momma" in the Episode "A Rogue's Tale" (originally titled "I remember, Momma") but there are also a couple of canonical print appearances of Rogue referring to Raven and Irene in maternal fashion:

Raven gets "Mama"

Irene is "Mom"
    5503A96E-70B6-4979-AF81-635274CEBA50.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-29-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Besides X-MEN UNLIMITED #4 (which's attention to details was NIL) and the 2nd volume of ROGUE which shows us her early pre-Sisterhood of Mutants life in Caldecott County,I haven't found a lot of references to pin down how old Rogue would have been when she was taken in by Mystique and Destiny to back up the "little girl" Rogue. To be sure the earliest portrayal of their family unit/terrorist cel in DAZZLER was fairly cold with Rogue being treated as a weapon. Subsequent portrayals softened the dynamic.
    As SchismOfMadroces mentioned in the animated series Rogue is shown to refer to Mystique as "Momma" in the Episode "A Rogue's Tale" (originally titled "I remember, Momma") but there are also a couple of canonical print appearances of Rogue referring to Raven and Irene in maternal fashion:

Raven gets "Mama"

Irene is "Mom"
    Thanks for this!
    I went with Mom for Raven and Mamma for Irene in the end, because it was clear that there was so little canon to go on.
    But thank you vey much for checking for me.

Story is here, if you are interested. It’s a Kurt story but Rogue appears in the last of the three, The Horns of the Moon.
    https://archiveofourown.org/series/1660774

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Thanks for this!
    I went with Mom for Raven and Mamma for Irene in the end, because it was clear that there was so little canon to go on.
    But thank you vey much for checking for me.

Story is here, if you are interested. It’s a Kurt story but Rogue appears in the last of the three, The Horns of the Moon.
    https://archiveofourown.org/series/1660774
    Further lookabout has Rogue calling Mystique “Mom” as well. So there’s plenty of flexibility for terms of maternal endearment...

With the discussion about Rogue being introduced via the next Captain Marvel movie... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...the-experience... I’ve been fan-retconning Gina Carano’s role in the first DEADPOOL as a pre-reformation Rogue instead of using the Angel Dust name for the brawler.
    If nothing else, I hope we see a big screen Rogue that mixes it up with similar physicality!

And I’m digging the post-apocalyptic look Rogue was given by Carmen Carnero in CAPTAIN MARVEL as her adapted “villain/terrorist” look for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With the discussion about Rogue being introduced via the next Captain Marvel movie... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...the-experience... I’ve been fan-retconning Gina Carano’s role in the first DEADPOOL as a pre-reformation Rogue instead of using the Angel Dust name for the brawler.
    If nothing else, I hope we see a big screen Rogue that mixes it up with similar physicality!

When I first saw that movie I was imagining that was Rogue beating up on Colossus.

Although with her flight and absorption along with the strength, I think she would've mopped the floor with their whole crew.

Seeing Rogue in a big screen brawl with someone like Gladiator or Juggernaut would be Amazing!

My edits of Alexandra Daddario as Rogue.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

My edits of Alexandra Daddario as Rogue.
    Wow, those are really well done. I've been skeptical of her casting, but this makes me less so
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Wow, those are really well done. I've been skeptical of her casting, but this makes me less so

I think Daddario would look great as Rogue.

I've never seen her in a movie so hopefully she can act.

I've seen her in a few things, like True Detective, Percy Jackson, and Texas Chainsaw and I think she was fine. I'd be willing to give her a shot. I've seem some very hyperbolic opinions of her when she's been cast as other comic characters and I definitely don't think she's as bad as some would make you believe
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I've seen her in a few things, like True Detective, Percy Jackson, and Texas Chainsaw and I think she was fine. I'd be willing to give her a shot. I've seem some very hyperbolic opinions of her when she's been cast as other comic characters and I definitely don't think she's as bad as some would make you believe
    Wonder if she can pull off a Southern accent?

Not a huge deal to me, but would be nice if she really sounded like she was from the south in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Wonder if she can pull off a Southern accent?

Not a huge deal to me, but would be nice if she really sounded like she was from the south in the films.
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I hope so, though. I will say, I think Paquin did a decent job with the accent. It sounded natural imo. One of the few things I liked about her Rogue (not her fault, though, it was mostly the writing)
    Make Good Art

Anna Paquin's casting was such a stroke of genius and it physically pains me to think about how wasted it was rogue is really difficult to pull off, she has an extra layer of camp a lot of her teammates don't but she still has that edge .. very hard balance for an adult let alone teen actor
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-08-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Anna Paquin's casting was such a stroke of genius and it physically pains me to think about how wasted it was rogue is really difficult to pull off, she has an extra layer of camp a lot of her teammates don't but she still has that edge .. very hard balance for an adult let alone teen actor
    Rogue was entirely wasted In those movies. She was really Rogue in name only.

I didn't really care for Paquin as Rogue, I know she's a good actor, but she doesn't look like Rogue to me at all.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    AP played a great Rogue... on True Blood.