Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Well...Rogue HATED Carol's outfit and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I think there were a few reasons. Rogue's tastes in clothing at the time ran more on the conservative side. No flashy Lightning bolt insignia for her. The other is she resented wearing someone else's clothing style involuntarily. I don't blame Rogue at all for wanting to see Carol's old costume in a trash can! (Sorry about the Black and white. I took this from my Essential X-Men Vol 9. It's from UXM#247)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    One of my favorite scenes as well.

I always wondered though, Rogue is speaking as she punches the door of its hinges, then she passes out.
    When she wakes up Rogue is speaking again.
    I thought when either Rogue or carol got KO'd, the other one would wake up.

I wonder was there some miscommunication there between the artist and writer?
    TBH, I'm not sure.

I only remember that, at this time, Claremont could do no wrong and any slip-ups could easily be overlooked. Maybe one of the moderators could whip-up a handy explanation for this rather hairy situation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Carol's psyche was completely KO'd in the initial Sentinel hit so Rogue's persona was present. She simply passed out from the exertion of punching the door still weak from the hit. When Sharon revises her shortly thereafter, it's still Rogue "in the driver's seat"...and that's when she notices what she's wearing.
    Note she's speaking with her southern accent from the top of the page.

(Claremont's scripts must have been a nightmare to interpret.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-14-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Well...Rogue HATED Carol's outfit and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I think there were a few reasons. Rogue's tastes in clothing at the time ran more on the conservative side. No flashy Lightning bolt insignia for her. The other is she resented wearing someone else's clothing style involuntarily. I don't blame Rogue at all for wanting to see Carol's old costume in a trash can! (Sorry about the Black and white. I took this from my Essential X-Men Vol 9. It's from UXM#247)
    I don't think of her as conservative. Up until then, she swapped costumes regularly and they were pretty punk as hell.
    Then Outback is where she experimented with being sexy.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I don't think of her as conservative. Up until then, she swapped costumes regularly and they were pretty punk as hell.
    Then Outback is where she experimented with being sexy.
    She had different taste from Carol for sure as seen in UXM 244 during the mall issue, but I wouldn't call Rogue's style conservative either.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    She had different taste from Carol for sure as seen in UXM 244 during the mall issue, but I wouldn't call Rogue's style conservative either.
    Right? She covers up a lot bc of her powers. Not a state of being conservative.

I was sad that they didn't end up both independent. Mags could have wasily clone the Carol persona a new body and still copy her powers for Rogue. Had Carol join the X-Men proper and mentor Rogue.

I was sad that they didn't end up both independent. Mags could have wasily clone the Carol persona a new body and still copy her powers for Rogue. Had Carol join the X-Men proper and mentor Rogue.
    The strange thing to me is, it's been 30 years since the events of UXM#269 took place, and yet, nothing I've seen published by Marvel ever even implied that Binary/Captain Marvel Carol knew it took place.

The strange thing to me is, it's been 30 years since the events of UXM#269 took place, and yet, nothing I've seen published by Marvel ever even implied that Binary/Captain Marvel Carol knew it took place.
    She did lose that part of her... When Magneto grafted Carol's powers onto Rogue, she lost the persona that came with them. So there was nothing to go back to the original.

She did lose that part of her... When Magneto grafted Carol's powers onto Rogue, she lost the persona that came with them. So there was nothing to go back to the original.
    That is not what I meant. It's implied Carol is ignorant of the separation that took place due to Rogue's trip into and out of the Siege Perilous and the destruction of the persona.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She would not have known or been interested as she was her own woman living her own life as Carol Danvers separate from the X-Men.
    And even if she did know she most like would not have cared. The entity we saw after Rogue went through the Siege Perilous had nothing to do with the real Carol. It was just the psychic residue Rogue initially stole given form.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She would not have known or been interested as she was her own woman living her own life as Carol Danvers separate from the X-Men.
    And even if she did know she most like would not have cared. The entity we saw after Rogue went through the Siege Perilous had nothing to do with the real Carol. It was just the psychic residue Rogue initially stole given form.
    I dunno... It was part of her life... And would have tied her closely to the X-Men...

Thankfully not that sexualized as other renditions

Anyone else picking up the apparent Rogue novel coming out in December? Seems like it'll feature Gambit and Mystique. It'll probably fall into a lot romance novel tropes, but heck, I'll take it if we get a well-written Rogue.

I'm definitely going to pick it up!

https://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Untouch...s=books&sr=1-1