Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I love reading about these what ifs and couldve beens - thanks for posting this cuz otherwise i never wouldve found it, Im so far out of the podcast loop it isnt funny

I walk away from ever Rosenberg interview I read feeling for the guy, i cant help it. Say what you will about the execution of his run, but he undeniably had great ideas. I like the idea of keeping Jean's resurrection low-key, the idea of the x-men feeling "in the humans shoes" is an interesting angle to me. I also like that he clearly genuinely cares about characters and isnt afraid to turn down big projects as a result. It makes me wonder what his run couldve been...

Then again, bullshit like the Rahne situation still happened so im torn. I wonder if that had anything to do with a push for "darker, darker, darker!" Nevertheless, interesting to consider this alternate narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...I said it was cliff notes and posted the actual link to the interview for people to listen themselves. It was never presented as the only info people need to know

Thanks. I dont feel I made things up
    You have a reputation for accuracy, so I trust your summary. I wasn’t sure what his tweets were about. It’s not unusual to see snark on x-twitter directed at this message board unfortunately.

I'm just glad he's gone. I'm not even a triage fan but it really left a bad taste in my mouth that he went out of his way to kill him by first depowering him via the cure and then killing him since he imo knew he could self-resurrect. That and what he had happen to Rahne leaves me with no want, need, or anything else to read him on x-men ever again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

In an alternate universe Rosenberg's Phoenix Resurrection would have been a 2 part What If story instead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The Rian Johnson of X Men
    Hickman is the Rian Johnson of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Everyday your signature rings true. Why do you betray the holy doctrine?
    Even a God shall sin when the devil sings of scrapped pitches.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Rosenberg thinks too small. Jean is Phoenix, and Phoenix is Jean. All these stories that further separate them just dilute and diminish the importance of the Phoenix Saga and Jean’s personal mythology. Aaron is the worst offender though. He seems hellbent on appropriating Jean’s legacy for all his favorite male characters. These dudebros just don’t get it.
    Aaron seems to have this gigantic boner for the Phoenix. But he still doesn't get that the Phoenix, without Jean, never worked. Every writer who tried before him failed. What makes the Phoenix so great is not its insanely powers. It's the unbreakable link it has with Jean. If the Phoenix empowered Jean, Jean gave it a soul and a heart, and a tragic/epic story that will never be matched.

Grant Morrison got it. But not everybody can be a Grant Morrison. So good luck Mr Aaron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ended it's relationship to Jean, so that Aaron could then turn around and use it casually and have the PF casually attaching itself to random people like Wolverine, Thor, or Thanos son. If his idea was the PF was toxic to Jean maybe pass the memo around to the other writers that have been using it non-stop since 05' with whatever random character they like.
    It was a dumb storyline to begin with and diminished Jean and some of her greatest moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hickman is the Rian Johnson of X-Men.
    Stahp.

He wanted to do to Jean what he did to Cyclops. Lucky dodge

Rian Johnson, inventor of feminism, is probably more comparable to Bendis. Avengers Disassembled was a better deconstruction than X-Men Disassembled/Rosencanny ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Even a God shall sin when the devil sings of scrapped pitches.
    Hark! The angels fall to hear the fables of what could have been, only to be condemned to a life of an endless scroll.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-03-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The Rian Johnson of X Men
    More like the Zack Snyder of X-Men, seeing as he made one good thing (Dawn of the Dead/We Can Never Go Home Again) a long time ago and everything else has been **** since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Rosenberg thinks too small. Jean is Phoenix, and Phoenix is Jean. All these stories that further separate them just dilute and diminish the importance of the Phoenix Saga and Jean’s personal mythology. Aaron is the worst offender though. He seems hellbent on appropriating Jean’s legacy for all his favorite male characters. These dudebros just don’t get it.
    Pak started it.

Mighty Member

Rosenberg's run was forgettable because everything he did got reset after Hickman came in.

So it was a waste of money and time reading it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Pak started it.

Not quite. There were some missteps but it was really AvX and the "architects" who dragged it and us down that path. We can thank Aaron for running with it.

Mighty Member

Resurrection: I think it's surprising how many writers who are "fans" of the Phoenix seem to look at it like it's heroin. That instantly turns me off them. I'm tired of the Phoenix being written as if it's an evil being. It isn't. He claims he wanted the story to be about Jean, but even that didn't happen as Jean's bond with people like Storm were ignored so we could get more Wolverine being the hero. An epic space battle also could've happened but this time Shiaar and Avengers could've backed Jean. At the end of that story, the Phoenix and Jean lovingly part ways. No more Phoenix stories for a decade after that. It could've been D'Ken somehow returned to bring the story full circle as well.

XMENRED: Oh gosh! I had no idea he almost had RED. And he doesn't think Jean was ready to lead due to her depression? She was a GOD! Spare me giving her a pity party. Ugh that would've sucked but I guess Cyclops got that story in Uncanny. To think the best X comic we had prior to this year was turned down by Rosenberg is pretty fitting.

His New Mutants and Multiple Man books sucked!

Uncanny: But this is where he really showed his colors. It wasn't even that he was killing off characters, it was that he tarnished their reputations and had them basically acting like committing suicide was the way to go! I still remember Havok happily killing himself to stop a few bad guys? At least that was better than Shinobi killing himself cause reasons? Also I had been enjoying Chamber prior to the run and in that run he has Chamber choose to commit mass murder? ugh! He also proved he can't write any character that isn't a basic white bro. His female characters sucked! His gay characters sucked. His characters of color sucked. Hell even his bro characters like Havoc sucked. He wrote Emma horribly. He'sone of those writers who writes her ridiculously because he knows her fanbase will have no choice but forgive her. Sunspot died pathetically and off screen too. And then there's the Rahne thing...
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-04-2020 at 06:27 AM.