Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Just so we're clear, Rosenberg is forbidden from stepping foot on Krakoa. That Uncanny run was all-time bad.
    Don’t worry, I’m sure Marvel will call him in when the time comes for them to burn Krakoa to the ground. Seems to be all he’s good for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This got dark in the second half of the book due to editorial mandate. They knew Hickman was coming and they had to clear the board for him. Things needed to be horrific to make his new status quo light in comparison. That was the point of Disassembled but bc of timing/scheduling, all those characters would be in Age of X-man, where things werent exactly bad for mutants. Thats why he got to make things depressing in his run and it was the end of the era that started with Morrison. He touches on Rahne's death and things not working out exactly the way expected
    Man, I really, really can't not feel bitter at editorial for that. I mean, more than I already am anyway.

If not for the **** editorial had him shovel in, I honestly would praise Rosenberg to high heavens. He had an amazing grasp of Scott and Logan's voices, especially considering that, at the time, Scott was infused with the memories of his recently departed teenaged self?

Like I felt the wisdom gained in those past stories through this 'classic' Scott--it was a truly grown Scott Summers. He had his convictions, but wasn't holding them so rigidly; it made him seem less anxious and more sure of himself than he was giving himself credit for. And I adored that he and Logan weren't fighting...for a time. But then, when they were fighting, it was a damn good reason!

If he'd had longer and much less of a bloated cast...man...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...I said it was cliff notes and posted the actual link to the interview for people to listen themselves. It was never presented as the only info people need to know

Thanks. I dont feel I made things up
    I don't think he was saying you were making anything up, so much as when folks summarize, they tend to give disproportionate weight to info they feel is more important. Less inventing than cherry-picking.

I give him props for using Dazzler in his Astonishing run but everything else after that is best left forgotten.

I don't understand how Editorial could ruin the X-Franchise for more than a decade, just like that! We had excellent writers as Brubaker, Fraction and Bendis doing shitty runs since the 2000s.

It seems they intervene a lot more on the x-line than the other Marvel lines or is it just my impression?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Thank god he convinced Marvel to do a small scale event for Jean's return and put Phoenix away. Don't see this fucking firebird for the next 30 years wouldn't be time enough.

Depressed Jean would fit better the situation mutantkind was at that moment but it wouldn't help her popularity.

I'd love to see Dead Souls Part 2 and more of Astonishing X-losers.

But what he did in Uncanny X-Men was unforgivable. He had 15 issues to build a good story, and failed epically.
    Ended it's relationship to Jean, so that Aaron could then turn around and use it casually and have the PF casually attaching itself to random people like Wolverine, Thor, or Thanos son. If his idea was the PF was toxic to Jean maybe pass the memo around to the other writers that have been using it non-stop since 05' with whatever random character they like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I always thought that AvX should have been a Jean ressurrection story. That would had solved many problems

Yes, it is more accurate
    It really should of been. It felt like Marvel had been laying the groundwork for Jean return for years prior to AvX and then when the time finally came up pull the trigger they...just didn't. Instead it was regulated to a mediocre mini several years later.

The Rian Johnson of X Men

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ended it's relationship to Jean, so that Aaron could then turn around and use it casually and have the PF casually attaching itself to random people like Wolverine, Thor, or Thanos son. If his idea was the PF was toxic to Jean maybe pass the memo around to the other writers that have been using it non-stop since 05' with whatever random character they like.
    The thing where Sharra and Kythri were real and complete dickheads was a complete disgrace too. A lot of stuff should just be ignored now cosmic X-Men is no longer a festival toilet pit for other writers.

This was a trick to make me listen to the podcast and it worked.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Can JDW give him a job already so his jaws can rest. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This was a trick to make me listen to the podcast and it worked.
    Everyday your signature rings true. Why do you betray the holy doctrine?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am glad that Taylor was writing X-Men RED and not Rosenberg. RED wasn`t a great book but it had awesome moments. And RED 11 gave one of the best Gambit moments ever.
    Seeing Gambit team up with Thor is one of my favorite cb moments ever
    Make Good Art

Seems Marvel was right most of the time, Madrox mini was terrible, his original plans for Astonishing are terrible, only the Dead Souls II stuff sounded promising.