Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Rosenberg’s problems are in the execution rather than the mandate itself. The bleak tone makes complete sense given what came next. The problem is his own sloppiness and, more egregiously, his tone deafness, which has reared its head in other stories as well. He always apologizes but never seems to actually learn.
    Bingo. I quite liked Rosenberg's humor in Dead Souls, but he never could stick the landing on any of his books and a lot of the time he seemed to be getting in his own way so far as getting his ideas across. Multiple Man was a prime example of that; it stopped being amusing by the second issue and just got to be a headache. And he had a mandate to go dark in UXM, but the way in which it was done - with deaths coming with such rapidity and with such awkward reactions to them (even aside from the WTF of Rahne and Ruth's) - just fell flat.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-04-2020 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

From the slight details about his intended take on the character, how she acted in the Astonishing annual, her near absence from the mini, and his seemingly sort of negative outlook on her, I wonder if Phoenix Resurrection was meta. Maybe Rosenberg thought Jean Grey was RETTEB FFO DAED?

Her return to life was weirdly uncelebratory overall, almost as if he was against it.

https://geekade.com/mutant-musings-e...musings-factor

In this podcast that was a bit earlier, Rosenberg details Blindfold’s purpose in the story. She saw that there was no future in which she was alive, but all the deaths she saw were actually foreshadowing the deaths that the different mutants would experience.

Incineration in a blast = Warlock’s death

Burning away = Marauders’ deaths

Getting shot = Presumably the Upstarts sans Shinobi and Fabian

Explosion = Havok’s/Sunspot’s death

Getting fatally stomped and beaten = Wolfsbane’s death

I agree with what others have said, he had some good ideas but his execution was poorly.

1) Phoenix Resurrection had a decent concept but I don't think it was implemented correctly, also it should have been something bigger, more memorable instead of what we got which was quite "meh" at best. It was Jean's return after a million years, she honestly deserved better.

2) Uncanny had a nice idea, I honestly liked the idea of getting something a little bit darker an "making humans forget about Mutants" was interesting, problem was that he went "dark" by just murdering people left and right without meaning at all and finally his plan to make humans forget about Mutants was... quite bad. Also his writing of certain characters felt super weird, like Emma and Scott.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    https://geekade.com/mutant-musings-e...musings-factor

In this podcast that was a bit earlier, Rosenberg details Blindfold’s purpose in the story. She saw that there was no future in which she was alive, but all the deaths she saw were actually foreshadowing the deaths that the different mutants would experience.

Incineration in a blast = Warlock’s death

Burning away = Marauders’ deaths

Getting shot = Presumably the Upstarts sans Shinobi and Fabian

Explosion = Havok’s/Sunspot’s death

Getting fatally stomped and beaten = Wolfsbane’s death
    So she really truly killed her self for nothing. Even worse. I just can't get past how he used suicide like it was some badge of honor. Oh look at me I'm willing to kill myself cause I keeps it real. Ugh. He should have just let this arc fall into the closet and not said anything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So she really truly killed her self for nothing. Even worse. I just can't get past how he used suicide like it was some badge of honor. Oh look at me I'm willing to kill myself cause I keeps it real. Ugh. He should have just let this arc fall into the closet and not said anything.
    Agreed, I sort of get what he was trying to do but Oh my god, the end result was so cringe worthy. In my opinion it ranks down there with Austen.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Saved Moira from having to eliminate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Saved Moira from having to eliminate her.
    Actually that would have been far better had we seen Blindfold get a bullet to the head and in Powers of X, we saw the expanded scene with Moira taking her out from the shadows