• No Surrender

8 7.62%
  • War of Realms

3 2.86%
  • Name your own that’s not listed

10 9.52%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    What happened to the subplot about all the different mega teams that were assembling? Squadron Supreme and Russia and Namor all forming their own teams to compete with The Avengers. Has that just been dropped to do this Moon Knight and now Phoenix nonsense?
    I think they're going to address that in-between MK and the Phoenix arc.

What happened to the subplot about all the different mega teams that were assembling? Squadron Supreme and Russia and Namor all forming their own teams to compete with The Avengers. Has that just been dropped to do this Moon Knight and now Phoenix nonsense?
    Still developing

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

So the general thinking on Aaron’s run has not been positive. I liked the Vampire arc but I’d generally have to agree (and I really like Jason Aaron’s writing usually).

What about his run has or has not worked for you? Has the JLA type approach to putting the team together worked? Do you miss characters like Hawkeye and Wasp? What about the villains? Moments? What has stuck out for you about Aaron’s run?
    I’m on the fence about his run. It’s not deep, and and I’m enjoying the subplot involving the Winter Guard, as well as the Squadron Supreme, but I’m over Robbie Reyes power expansion that makes no sense, and Dumb Shulk.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jane Foster, Dani Moonstar, I assume the dark skinned one is the movie synergy one from Saladin Ahmed's Exiles run, and I don't know who the last one is - unless it's a resurrected Brunnhilde, the classic ex-Defenders Valkyrie?
    Reading what the writer and the solicits had to say, I didn't get the impression the black Valkyrie is the same one from Exiles. Sounds like she's a brand new character that's existed in hiding in the 616 universe for a while now.

Could the Valkyrie in the back be the one from the Busiek/Larsen Defenders book?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Reading what the writer and the solicits had to say, I didn't get the impression the black Valkyrie is the same one from Exiles. Sounds like she's a brand new character that's existed in hiding in the 616 universe for a while now.
    Well, her exclusion would be odd, as the Exiles one was previously mentioned, along with Dani, by Mephisto in Valkyrie: Jane Foster #4.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doing my ‘87-Onslaught Avengers related runs, when I realized I’m missing a large chunk of the West Coast title. Hopefully that’ll be rectified in the next couple days.

I did it! I just purchased a complete run of WCA 41-102! Bringing my pre-Heroes Reborn runs to Avengers vol. 1 120-402, West Coast 1-102, and Force Works 1-22. I had a few of the issues post Byrne, plus the O:GS issues, but lost interest in the book after Darker than Scarlet. Hopefully that’ll change with my re-read.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 10-21-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

They need to make animated movies like the cut footage of that game story, it was the video game part that let it down. Ms. Marvel stole the stow, as she was supposed to, in that story.

They should have put the cut scene movie in theatres.

Well, this is disappointing on several levels .

Turning it into a Destiny clone and having little enemy variations killed it.

SE could still save it but the DLC got delayed and we may not even get the leaked roster at all at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Turning it into a Destiny clone and having little enemy variations killed it.

SE could still save it but the DLC got delayed and we may not even get the leaked roster at all at this point.
    Bugs killed it more. People can't play, especially with others without the game crashing or game save corruption. I'd love to play it. The game is in an playable state.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Bugs killed it more. People can't play, especially with others without the game crashing or game save corruption. I'd love to play it. The game is in an playable state.
    It seemed like a mix of bugs, the campaign being so short, and a lack of variety that really did the game in.

Oops, meant to put in unplayable state.

It definitely needs a variety of enemies. But those of us that were playing quit, because the game just does not run well. You do a hive and someone gets kicked from your party, no warning. The server just goes kaput. They can't rejoin your game at all. Matchmaking was broken from the start. Has been improved, but still the same bugs plague it. There are several in the community that have just decided that we will revisit it when things are finally fixed. I tried to go back after losing all my progress. I got everything back where I was. But then a friend had the save corruption thing happen and I quit. Not only that but the match was plagued with AI bugs.

And Square's reaction to it hasn't been all that re-assuring. They told me to post about the bug on Reddit. Support, the people you usually contact to elevate the status of bugs. They didn't seem bothered that there is this completely game breaking bug. Two months later, it's still not fixed. They still have not provided any compensation to those that lost currency and progress to the game save bug.

Later after they lost a lot of players, they gave people currency, but that was overall to the fanbase for the next patch being late.

There really isn't much to feel confident about with them. Until they fix the things that are structurally wrong with the game. Adding more content on top, before that's fixed, would be a nightmare. Because it'll just create more bugs and more instability. I'm just hoping they fix the bugs at this point.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.