1 0.95%
  • No Surrender

8 7.62%
  • War of Realms

3 2.86%
  • Name your own that’s not listed

10 9.52%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Just wondering how everyone has been enjoying all of the different story arc of the last 2 years?

How was War of the Vampires, War of the Realms, Challenge of the Ghost Riders, Starbrand Reborn and Age of Khonshu?

I was thinking of getting some of these arcs if they had good art and storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Just wondering how everyone has been enjoying all of the different story arc of the last 2 years?

How was War of the Vampires, War of the Realms, Challenge of the Ghost Riders, Starbrand Reborn and Age of Khonshu?

I was thinking of getting some of these arcs if they had good art and storylines.
    They just kind of...happened? Like maybe I enjoyed them a little but they were kind of popcorn films that I don't really look back on that much.

War of the Vampires is definitely where this run peaked. It was bar none the best arc of the run so far. War of Realms and the Ghost Rider arc was just meh. The last 2 arcs have been ok, and at least Black Panther came off as a pure badass in the Khonshu arc

i am uninterested in war of the Phoenix (or whatever is coming up next)-- I'm more into having new villains, or following up with Mephisto. I'd like to see Blade cut his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i am uninterested in war of the Phoenix (or whatever is coming up next)-- I'm more into having new villains, or following up with Mephisto. I'd like to see Blade cut his head off.
    Yeah, who knows how the new Phoenix arc will turn out, but most likely not good (like all of the other more recent Phoenix stories).

But how did you like previous arcs? Were they interesting? Good art?

Yeah, who knows how the new Phoenix arc will turn out, but most likely not good (like all of the other more recent Phoenix stories).

But how did you like previous arcs? Were they interesting? Good art?
    vampires and starbrand were actually good but would be better if they were arcs in a good book
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was only sticking around to see the evil Namor stuff get continued but Chip's Invaders and the Defenders minis filled that void so there was no reason to come back to badly written She-Hulk and friends.
    "Cable was right!"

Then Namor's story picked up in Agents of Atlas/Atlantis Attacks, and then he has a solo for King in Black. Looks like his role in Avengers might be done.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did the latest issue really have Kid Thanos attacking the 1000000 BC Avengers, or did I imagine that? Please tell me I imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Did the latest issue really have Kid Thanos attacking the 1000000 BC Avengers, or did I imagine that? Please tell me I imagined it.
    I’m sorry, but you didn’t imagine it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I’m sorry, but you didn’t imagine it.
    Wow! I haven't picked up the last couple issues yet, but I've about had it with Aaron's 1,000,000 BC stuff. I hate all this "The Avengers have been around forever" stuff he's trying to make into a thing. Especially with a GR being there from the beginning. That kind of character just doesn't fit with the team imo. I really want to see more of the Winter Guard and Squadron Supreme of America, but it sounds like those characters are going to be on the back burner for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Lord have mercy I was trying to figure out how does that work. Thanos isn't an un-aging immortal like the Elders of the Universe.
    Thanks, Aaron.
    "Cable was right!"

i think the book just needs some characters, not any specific ones, just characters in general, i can't find any in the pages, are they hiding?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    War of the Vampires is definitely where this run peaked. It was bar none the best arc of the run so far. War of Realms and the Ghost Rider arc was just meh. The last 2 arcs have been ok, and at least Black Panther came off as a pure badass in the Khonshu arc
    The only reason I'm still picking up this book is because Aaron's writing the best T'Challa in years and the ongoing superhuman arms race is still interesting. Once his T'Challa goes to **** and that subplot is wrapped up I'll probably jump ship. I heard there's a relaunch around the corner though with roughly the same cast so maybe that will improve things.

That's part of the problem too. Aaron's Black Panther and Captain America are way better than whatever Coates is cranking out plus Ghost Rider, Blade and She-Hulk don't have their own books so some fans of those characters are stuck with this.
    "Cable was right!"