8 7.62%
  • War of Realms

3 2.86%
  • Name your own that’s not listed

10 9.52%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exactly! There are tons of great classic Avengers like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Monica, She-Hulk, Black Panther, Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Hank (if he's ever not-dead), etc. available to anchor a West Coast (or Florida or Texas or Seattle-based, or Euro, or Asian, etc.) team.

You can even use a Cap stand-in (US Agent, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Danielle Cage) or Iron Man offshoots (War Machine, Riri, Rescue), or one of the other Thors (Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, Jane).

The problem is that there are *too many* great characters who aren't Cap, Tony or Thor to choose from!
    You don't necessarily need the 'clone' character....for example instead of Thor you use Blue Marvel. Same power level but different source.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I can’t wait to see the state sanctioned teen govt team lineup once Outlawed is finished.
    That'd be the New Warriors, they're actually allied to the government, hence why the Champions were actually due to be their opponents in issue 3 of NW's tie-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exactly! There are tons of great classic Avengers like Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Monica, She-Hulk, Black Panther, Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Hank (if he's ever not-dead), etc. available to anchor a West Coast (or Florida or Texas or Seattle-based, or Euro, or Asian, etc.) team.

You can even use a Cap stand-in (US Agent, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Danielle Cage) or Iron Man offshoots (War Machine, Riri, Rescue), or one of the other Thors (Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, Jane).

The problem is that there are *too many* great characters who aren't Cap, Tony or Thor to choose from!
    Technically She-Hulk and Black Panther aren't available. Not only are they currently on the main team, T'Challa is the leader!

But a team comprising Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Spectrum, Wonder Man, Falcon, War Machine and Valkyrie sounds like a good proposition.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-09-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

There are so many Avengers and Avengers related in limbo, could probably create a few teams: West Coast, Mighty, New, and World
    Wonder Man
    Quicksilver
    Spectrum
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp
    Hank Pym
    Vision
    Mockingbird
    War Machine
    Valkyrie (Jane)
    Blue Marvel
    Synapse
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones
    Black Widow
    Black Knight
    Ant-Man (Scott)
    Stinger (Cassie)
    Lightning
    Firebird

Thunderstrike (Kevin)
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    Ms America Chavez
    Toni Ho
    Aikku Jokinen
    Goliath (Tom Foster)
    Atlas
    Mach-X
    Songbird
    Speed
    Patriot (Eli)
    Diamondback
    Singularity
    Angela
    Virtue
    Century
    Cybermancer
    Red Wolf
    etc...

Could probably create teams from these guys and have them rotate every now and then

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    We need more Avengers books to get a lot of these former Avengers and other characters out of limbo
    Agreed. There are more to the Avengers than just Cap, Iron Man and Thor.

Marvel could put out a book with a team of other classic Avengers characters with a a solid writer and I am sure it will sell really well. It wouldn't weaken the brand or split the fanbase.

Extraordinary Member

I would say 4 books. Avengers, Avengers West, Young Avengers all with pretty stable line ups. Then Avengers Taskforce lead by Spectrum and U.S. Agent that has a rotating line up based on mission.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Agreed. There are more to the Avengers than just Cap, Iron Man and Thor.

Marvel could put out a book with a team of other classic Avengers characters with a a solid writer and I am sure it will sell really well. It wouldn't weaken the brand or split the fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say 4 books. Avengers, Avengers West, Young Avengers all with pretty stable line ups. Then Avengers Taskforce lead by Spectrum and U.S. Agent that has a rotating line up based on mission.
    Agreed. They should have more Avenger books so other characters get a chance to shine. The 4 book idea sounds fine and the Avengers should expand beyond the big 3.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultron Unlimited for me, but I also really liked Under Siege and No Surrender.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ultron Unlimited for me, but I also really liked Under Siege.
    Two of my favorites, Celgress. Rounding out My Top Five are these three...

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-12-2020 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Agreed. They should have more Avenger books so other characters get a chance to shine. The 4 book idea sounds fine and the Avengers should expand beyond the big 3.
    They've had multiple Avengers books since the first Civil War back in the day... it's almost a little weird to not have multiple at this point. Any book with the word Avengers on it will PROBABLY sell better than a good half the books marvel publishes.

But I do recall people complaining when we had multiple books that it watered it down or whatever... so for marvel people are going to complain either way. Still, I think we'll see more Avenger books at some point.

I think having multiple Avengers books can spotlight multiple heroes and different takes on the brand is great, but after so many years of it I can see why they wanted to scale it back to one, definitive, Avengers book even if I'm not the biggest fan of Aaron's take.

Definitely not a fan of Aaron's run which sucks because I really actually love the lineup itself. The whole Celestial vomit thing is just stupid and what really grates me is that after nearly 3 years worth of issues he hasn't finished a single freaking story. This is the first time in my comic reading life that hhave dropped the Avengers and it honestly breaks my heart.

Getting to this thread super late but wanted to share my love of the Kang Dynasty. I love it every time I read it. When I saw that final battle scene in Endgame it gave me the same feeling as when Cap fought Kang at the end of that arc. Fantastic stuff!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm shocked there's likely no King in Black tie in.

Also not shocked Aaron is still trying to make this Avengers BC still be a thing.

Fantastic Member

So are we gonna find out Odín & Phoenix had a baby cos if not then there’s no point in doing that weird relationship