8 7.62%
  • War of Realms

3 2.86%
  • Name your own that’s not listed

10 9.52%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Most people already know who I mean by that: the Janet Van Dyne Wasp, the Scarlet Witch, the Vision, Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Monica Rambeau, maybe Quicksilver and Wonder Man. (Only the Vision and Hawkeye have been allowed onto the main title since 2004 - unless you count Wasp's time on the Mighty Avengers, which, since it was clearly the secondary book, I don't.) An Avengers run doesn't need all of them but I think they are what the Avengers is about - if there was one book with Cap, Iron Man and Thor, and another book with three of those supporting characters, I would consider the other book the "real" Avengers book.
    So much agreement! A team of these 'second-tier' Avengers, perhaps with a few others like Black Panther, Hercules, Mockingbird, She-Hulk, Black Widow and Beast scattered about, would be amazing to see.

I like Thor, Captain America, and, usually, Iron Man (more so in his solo books than in team books, oddly, since it's the exact opposite for Cap, who I like as an Avenger, and whose solo books never really seemed to thrill me), but at this point, I want to read more about the *other* Avengers, who don't have their own books, like Hank and Wanda and Janet and Simon and Vizh.

(Granted, some of these characters can feel a bit redundant. I'm not sure I'd want to read about an Avengers lineup that included Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, She-Hulk and a few other rando strong-peeps, like Namor and Gilgamesh, but even one with two people in the same 'niche,' like Black Widow and Mockingbird, can have some fun interplay with the very significant *character* differences between those two lady super-spies, and their very different interactions with their teammates, and jointly teasing their 'ex' Clint...)

The Avenger Who Was Mistakenly Part of the Original Atlantis Attacks
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-atlanti...ke-continuity/

Extraordinary Member

So what do you guys think of the nee baby?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I like the idea of it, just who’s going to take care of it? Who’s going to train it to use their powers as Kevin is dead (unless they revive him and gets a new identity), and I think Quasar is too busy in space? Where is it going to live where it won’t blow up a whole planet when crying or throwing a tantrum? Will Jarvis look after it when the Avengers are busy fighting villains? Will there be an issue where its just Boy-Thing & the baby? Will there be random characters looking to kill or harness the power of it? Will there be an issue where the baby and Terrax fight in the future and then are friends?

So where does this current Avengers line-up rank in terms of power all time? I have to admit I need to bump them in my rankings, considering what they were doing to Gladiator and the Heralds.

There's no Scarlet Witch on the team, but until No More Mutants, I only had her ranked so high, personally.
    The J-man

Starbaby is a precious angel and I'm very glad to report that Starbrand Reborn has made this book kick ass again.

BANNED

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #9 Jan 1985
    "Assault on Galactus!"
    The battle-wounded Colossus exits the rustic building he is healing inside to see Galactus starting up his machine to devour the planet.
    He re-enters the building to tend to the unconscious Zsaji. He tells her he loves her and goes out to help stop Galactus.
    Meanwhile, the X-Men and Magneto try to attack Galactus. An energy ball appears and blocks them from continuing up the mountain.
    In the village, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and Wasp watch the X-Men try to battle it when
    suddenly a large blast on the mountain makes them think the X-Men have been defeated.

At Doombase, the remaining heroes try to return to the battle that is going on on the mountainside.
    They take a ship from the base and begin to travel to the battle.
    Hulk is distraught over his new "intelligence" of Bruce Banner's mind in his body.
    Ben Grimm suddenly regains his powers as the Thing.
    Iron Man ponders what Spider-Woman's true intentions are.
    Spider-Man meanwhile, is glad to have his webs back since he has donned the new "black costume".
    Mister Fantastic thinks of a reason as to why they are all there in the first place.
    They reach the mountain and are hit by Galactus' beams.
    They crash into Colossus, who braces their ship from impact.

The heroes exit the ship and begin their fight to reach Galactus.
    As they get closer, Mister Fantastic realizes a meaning to this conflict and tells the heroes NOT to stop Galactus.
    He says the only way to stop Galactus is to let him win.
    In doing this the Beyonder will grant him his wish of freedom from his planet-consumption hunger.
    As they all agree to stop fighting, Reed suddenly vanishes along with Galactus and the construct Galactus built.
    Reed appears on Galactus' homeworld which is housed in his spaceship in space.
    There Galactus shows Reed a vision of his pregnant wife and their child, Franklin.
    Then Galactus tells Reed to listen to what he is about to tell him.

Inside the containment unit in the Doombase, Doctor Doom determines that he needs to get to Galactus' homeworld and he breaks free of his cell.
    He ignores the pleas of the other villains who are still trapped and releases only one other, Klaw.

On the mountainside, Colossus frees the trapped X-Men from beneath some rubble.
    They all journey into the village and Colossus realizes Zsaji is awake and runs not to him, but to Human Torch.
    While they are all discussing what to do, Mister Fantastic reappears in the village.
    He says Galactus told him that Reed was a "Champion of Life". This emboldens him not to fight Galactus. The Avengers decide otherwise.

Galactus reappears on the mountain and turns on the machine again. The Avengers then head back toward the mountain.
    Doctor Doom watches the battle from inside the Doombase where he cuts up Klaw into tiny disc-shaped lenses.

The battle continues

and Mister Fantastic realizes he must stop Galactus to be able to see his baby born.
    He tells the heroes to stop Galactus from leaving and they cannot.
    He flies off to his homeworld where he begins to devour it and creates a huge energy field.
    Doom sees this as his opportunity to "steal" the energy of that homeworld by using the Klaw-discs as a siphon...

Story by Jim Shooter. Art by Mike Zeck and John Beatty.

Very interested in where Aaron goes with this. I hope she stays a baby though cause that's just a great twist.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So where does this current Avengers line-up rank in terms of power all time? I have to admit I need to bump them in my rankings, considering what they were doing to Gladiator and the Heralds.

There's no Scarlet Witch on the team, but until No More Mutants, I only had her ranked so high, personally.
    Gotta put them up there near the top. Only lineup I would definitely put above them would be Hickman's team in power.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Very interested in where Aaron goes with this. I hope she stays a baby though cause that's just a great twist.
    I don't mind if they age her up, but Aaron better let us enjoy her being a baby a bit. I mean, I hate aging up infants, but I will tolerate it if we're given some time with the baby.

I want to see these powerful people struggle with parenthood! Except for Carol, leave her alone.

Fantastic Member

I just want an issue with Boy-Thing and baby StarBrand just randomly saving the world inadvertently

Had a soft spot for this short lived avengers team. Great to see mr fixit hulk getting into trouble and yellowjacket and beast on the same team. Loved the beast and hulk making jabs at each other and the happy beast and grouchy hulk playing off each other leading to some funny scenes. Wish this team lasted longer.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I just want an issue with Boy-Thing and baby StarBrand just randomly saving the world inadvertently
    This would be the cutest thing ever done in comics and I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Had a soft spot for this short lived avengers team. Great to see mr fixit hulk getting into trouble and yellowjacket and beast on the same team. Loved the beast and hulk making jabs at each other and the happy beast and grouchy hulk playing off each other leading to some funny scenes. Wish this team lasted longer.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Anyone ever just contrast the characters in older books like these and compare them to where the character is today? Because boy, has Beast changed.

Anyone ever just contrast the characters in older books like these and compare them to where the character is today? Because boy, has Beast changed.
    I know, right? And that armored outfit Hercules wore only lasted for that one issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right? And that armored outfit Hercules wore only lasted for that one issue.
    It's so ugly though.