1 0.95%
  • No Surrender

8 7.62%
  • War of Realms

3 2.86%
  • Name your own that’s not listed

10 9.52%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

A few more pages. Last ones i'll post from the issue.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's so ugly though.
    Can't blame him, really. Since he was recovering from brain damage, Herc probably wore it for some much-needed protection.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If Empyre is as good as I’m hoping it will be, I’ll hopefully be able to add it to the poll next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't mind if they age her up, but Aaron better let us enjoy her being a baby a bit. I mean, I hate aging up infants, but I will tolerate it if we're given some time with the baby.
    The last baby who had the Starbrand power grew fast. But that was so long ago and some universes ago.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Having just dropped the avengers for the first time in three decades with issue thirty, it really makes me appreciate these older books all the more

Thete was some great stuff around the Olympus assault especially imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Having just dropped the avengers for the first time in three decades with issue thirty, it really makes me appreciate these older books all the more

I’m pretty close to dropping it as well with Ant-Man and Spider-Woman coming out. I wish they would replace Aaron with someone else. Thor is already better now that Aaron is off of the book. Just not into the BC Avengers or the Starbrand. Olympus assault was a very good storyline.

I’ve loved Jason Aaron’s Avengers run so far. I discuss it on the Marvel Fan Rave Podcast. Have a listen! https://open.spotify.com/show/30dUr7POsfUOHNnojg2GfM
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Still flying

Eish, the same here. I have just dropped it since being on the title from Avengers Disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    I’ve loved Jason Aaron’s Avengers run so far. I discuss it on the Marvel Fan Rave Podcast. Have a listen! https://open.spotify.com/show/30dUr7POsfUOHNnojg2GfM
    Though I have some issues with Aarons run, I do think it's a step up from where the Avengers were prior to him taking over Avengers.

Under Bendis and Hickman, the Avengers had this big epic feel to it. It felt like an important book about an important team, and the whole MU almost revolved around them in a lot of ways.

After Secret Wars, that all just fell by the wayside and the Avengers just became another super hero team in the MU. Now the Avengers feel BIG again. Maybe not to the same degree as under Bendis and Hickman, but they feel like they should feel.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve genuinely enjoyed his run thus far. There are lots of issues, and it’s not exactly the most profound, deeply intellectual run, but it feels like a summer popcorn flick. It feels like the Avengers to me. Aaron could use a co-writer, especially Zub or Ewing. Both of which I hope is his successor once he leaves the title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I forgot all about that story when thinking what the Avengers's back up plan was. Let's say that the main team is off in another dimension, planet, or just otherwise engaged in a major conflict and something else pops up? Is there a reserve call out?

Story idea....Thunderstrike has a dream that is not a dream...he is in Valhalla and Valkyrie and Skurge tell him that a group of Asgardian warriors just recently showed up and were killed by a group of cyclops lead by a Greek demi-god and are on their way to Earth thru the Nexus of All Realities in the Everglades. Thunderstrike goes that way but first makes a call the the Avengers...who are otherwise occupied but the computer answering machine analyzes the information and determines a team is needed so sends out a summons to reserve or inactive members in the area. Spectrum, Hercules, Quicksilver, Synapse and War Machine all get the notification and assemble and head that direction to find Thundestrike already engaging the threat and join the fight.

After all these years my favorite Avengers story is still The Nefaria Trilogy.
    The Avengers #164 - To Fall By Treachery
    The Avengers #165 - Hammer of Vengeance!
    The Avengers #166 - Day Of The Godslayer!
    By Jim Shooter, John Byrne and Pablo Marcos.
    The Avengers vs. Superman.
    Great stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot all about that story when thinking what the Avengers's back up plan was. Let's say that the main team is off in another dimension, planet, or just otherwise engaged in a major conflict and something else pops up? Is there a reserve call out?
    In the older comics they would. They even did a stories confirming they would send out teams of avengers from all eras on side missions. They would pick members who were not on the same team to help them know each other if they end up on the same team and any avengers can be called! (yes even the great lakes team!)

The members I think in that issue was captain America, Hercules, us agent (in his dredd suit), she-hulk, beast and maybe iron man(???). I have not read the issue in some time so I may have missed a member.

Wish they did more stories on these missions! So many lesser known members could get a spotlight and you could mix and match any avenger from any team!

Funny thing is it was a filler story about the avengers lawyer dealing with a lawsuit as a guy was suing them for throwing his car at a bad guy! (but she-hulk was a smarter lawyer and helps them win the lawsuit!) It was a single story but so many great stories could be told plus cap confirms they have been doing this for years so you could tell past stories! That would make a fun limited series.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-15-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Issue 20 is when I bailed.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Annual_Vol_1_17

I wish that Mark Bright had been a regular penciler on the title. Even now. That ad-hoc team was cool. Probably never appear again, lol. but who knows.