Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Given JJ Abrams stature in the industry, I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt theres an unaltered JJ cut somewhere out there. Also, given Lucasfilm's lack of hesitation when changing film makers, I even doubt it more that Lucasfilm would even allow JJ finish making a movie they didn't like (Rogue One and Solo had their directors changed mid-production and Episode 9 didn't even get made by Colin Trevorrow at all)

Sure I believe there could be a directors cut that's longer but I doubt that what JJ made was significantly different from what we got in theatres.
    JJ Abrams and Lucasfilm are overseen by Disney. it is Disney that has the final say not lucasfilm or Abrams and Disney is notoriously known for allowing their cooperate heads to ruin honest potential good art. From JJ Abrams body of work, its insane for me to buy that he just brought back Palpatine with no logical explanation, even Khan from star trek into darkness that fans still hated on, he still had a back story of how he became Khan that is explained in the movie.

And this is just beginning, the film goes further to explain khan origins ties to the other villain in the film. This is the JJ Abrams I know. this is the jj Abrams that would have done ROS differently.

Collin Trevorrow left from the beginning because he clashed with Disney. it makes sense Disney were in control from the get go not JJ.

Most importantly JJ entire attitude and demeanour about ROS during interviews and premieres, he does not look passionate about the film, he seems to be glad its all over. that's not a person who is fully happy with a movie he directed on his own terms.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-03-2020 at 12:16 PM.