Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Because those movies were good, and are stone cold classics, and the changes didn't improve the movies.
    That’s impossible to prove. Most people who have seen SW today and around the world see those editions. The OT movies a lot of younger fans know are the SE. It’s hard to make a case that the SE ruined anything because the OT hasn’t lost fans.

The SE also made huge money in the 80s rereleases.

Speaking personally those were the OT I saw and loved and the memories of butthurt boomer fans hold no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    No I wasn't. I am only more convinced that this is the only way to explain the dump fire of the entire ST trilogy.
    How does that explain TFA (which had no such rumors attached to it) or TLJ, which Rian Johnson stated again and again that just about everything he wanted was signed off on?

We at now at the point of a reckoning . there is going to be some big changes going forward, that wont happen if the backlash was overrated
    The Saga is over and was a success. LucasFilm and Disney have already been rethinking the future of the franchise. Their other content has been a success. The TROS "backlash" isn't going to do much of anything.

A more convoluted story or messy story as you want to call it, is still better than a movie with no story. Into darkness is the lesser evil of the two jj movies. its funny you are saying its cool to remember how cool wrath of Kahn was watching into darkness, but believe me, it is more horrible to remember that palpatine actually died in ROTJ and was brought back in ROS. I will take a misguided uncool written Khan in into darkness, to bad fan fiction of ROS Palaptine.
    Suit yourself. I mean, it's not like we're forced to watch either of them.

This is what the studios says when they don't want to talk any responsibility for their bad decisions or how they screw a franchise.
    What the what?

No. Palatine has no sufficient explanation, infact this is a top 3 criticism of the film that did a lot of damage to the reception.
    "The dark side is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." Not enough for you that they invoke Palpatine's knowing about Darth Plagueis's Force abilities over life and death?

Because Palatine had to die and stay dead for Anakin's sacrifice to matter. As padme had to die for anakin to finally fully embrace the dark side.
    If that's what you think, I see.

the same general audiences will be the first to tell you that just because they go to movies to be entertained does not mean they cannot tell the difference between how qualities varies in movies.
    The point is that any movie that only appeals to the fans will fail if it can't get the general audience in the seats (and judging by the financial success, they did that).

How offended did you think George Lucas is at this point?
    Checked and Lucas has said nothing about TROS.

Also how offended do you think JJ Abrams is with what is going on with ROS? JJ dreamed of making star wars as a kid, he even said he felt bad that Lucas was not a big fan of force awakens, he has sort of apologised for TFA being a new hope 2.0. so with this latest mess, how do you think he feels that his dream is now a sort of a nightmare?
    There's been nothing to date to prove that Abrams was "offended" (and some fans not liking the movie is irrelevant to that).

as for rey being a Mary Sue, Rey is no Sydney Bristow from Alias and according to the leaks, JJ said he felt Rey was overpowered. which is a Mary sue quality,
    What leaks? Same source as the J.J. Cut rumor? (I've seen all the movies. To say Rey is Mary Sue means to ignore the parts of the series and the pre-established world building to make the claim work. It's was never a thing and its time to let it go.)

okay. however where there is smoke , there is fire.
    There is no smoke, just a baseless claim and people wanting to believe its true rather then that we got a successful movie that they didn't like. It's time to let the J.J. Cut die.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Having only seen the special edition of the OT I honestly can say I don't notice anything that was obviously added on. Expect for Hayden being the force ghost in RotJ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having only seen the special edition of the OT I honestly can say I don't notice anything that was obviously added on. Expect for Hayden being the force ghost in RotJ.
    The vast majority of people don't care too much about the changes in the Special Editions. Nobody really knew about them until the Internet exploded in the 2000s, and those South Park episodes (which is when I learned about it).

In either case, the argument against the SE is that the original theatrical cut should be cherished and respected even if it didn't came out entirely how the film-makers were satisfied with. You cannot make that argument and also be in favor of the JJ Abrams Cut, or the Snyder Cut, or any director's cut and so on.

The truth is most film-makers don't own their movies or hold copyright of their stuff. So they don't have a real choice in redoing and retouching their stuff unlike say authors of books (where redoing and touching stuff between reprints is really common, everyone from Dickens to Tolkien have done it) and paintings and other works (ditto). Lucas didn't do anything that Chaplin, Welles, Kubrick, David Lean and others who touched up and altered movies which they owned and controlled, between releases haven't done. It's just that he has a big mainstream fan base while the earlier gents didn't.

A lot of directors are thinking all the time about the next movie, the next hustle, and and so on. And time dedicated to redoing one movie is time they could use for the next. George Lucas had total control over those movies. Irving Kershner who directed ESB supported it and even recommended changes to the ESB special edition. Richard Marquand died in between but given how unpopular he was during production, nobody would care too much about his opinion anyway.

J. J. Abrams and Rian Johnson likewise don't really own anything they have made and certainly not the Star Wars movies. So Disney if they choose can summon Lucas and have him redo these movies.

The prequel home video are also different from their theatrical cut for the most part.

-The DVD of TPM added some extra pod race shots (and even more extended pod race in the deleted scenes). The Blu-Ray of course did the whole overhaul of Yoda.

-AOTC has a few extra seconds of Anakin's confession about the sand people to Padme, where she tries to comfort him a bit but he thinks he should've known better ("I'm a jedi. I know I'm better than this") Padme's dialogue when she wakes up for her fall has gone from "yes" to the more winded "uh-huh" and Dooku's escape from Geonosis was re-edited.

-Not much in ROTS except a transition wipe being turned into a standard edit from Obi-Wan in the ship to Anakin's robot hand on Mustafar.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How does that explain TFA (which had no such rumors attached to it) or TLJ, which Rian Johnson stated again and again that just about everything he wanted was signed off on?

The Saga is over and was a success. LucasFilm and Disney have already been rethinking the future of the franchise. Their other content has been a success. The TROS "backlash" isn't going to do much of anything.

What the what?

"The dark side is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." Not enough for you that they invoke Palpatine's knowing about Darth Plagueis's Force abilities over life and death?

If that's what you think, I see.

The point is that any movie that only appeals to the fans will fail if it can't get the general audience in the seats (and judging by the financial success, they did that).

There's been nothing to date to prove that Abrams was "offended" (and some fans not liking the movie is irrelevant to that).

What leaks? Same source as the J.J. Cut rumor? (I've seen all the movies. To say Rey is Mary Sue means to ignore the parts of the series and the pre-established world building to make the claim work. It's was never a thing and its time to let it go.)

There is no smoke, just a baseless claim and people wanting to believe its true rather then that we got a successful movie that they didn't like. It's time to let the J.J. Cut die.
    Successful yes.
    Good?
    The jury's out on this one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The vast majority of people don't care too much about the changes in the Special Editions. Nobody really knew about them until the Internet exploded in the 2000s, and those South Park episodes (which is when I learned about it).

In either case, the argument against the SE is that the original theatrical cut should be cherished and respected even if it didn't came out entirely how the film-makers were satisfied with. You cannot make that argument and also be in favor of the JJ Abrams Cut, or the Snyder Cut, or any director's cut and so on.

The truth is most film-makers don't own their movies or hold copyright of their stuff. So they don't have a real choice in redoing and retouching their stuff unlike say authors of books (where redoing and touching stuff between reprints is really common, everyone from Dickens to Tolkien have done it) and paintings and other works (ditto). Lucas didn't do anything that Chaplin, Welles, Kubrick, David Lean and others who touched up and altered movies which they owned and controlled, between releases haven't done. It's just that he has a big mainstream fan base while the earlier gents didn't.

A lot of directors are thinking all the time about the next movie, the next hustle, and and so on. And time dedicated to redoing one movie is time they could use for the next. George Lucas had total control over those movies. Irving Kershner who directed ESB supported it and even recommended changes to the ESB special edition. Richard Marquand died in between but given how unpopular he was during production, nobody would care too much about his opinion anyway.

J. J. Abrams and Rian Johnson likewise don't really own anything they have made and certainly not the Star Wars movies. So Disney if they choose can summon Lucas and have him redo these movies.
    I never understood why fans would hate touch ups like that. As a anime fan, most shows get touched to fix animations when they are released on home video. Some fans deliberately wait on the home releases to get the "definitive" version of those shows. I place no value in "leave the memories alone" type garbage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Marcia Lucas was important for stitching together a rough cut after John Jympson botched his gig, but that's about as far as it went. The actual final edit of ANH was overseen by Paul Hirsch and Richard Crew, under the guidance of George Lucas. Paul Hirsch recently put out a book about his time editing movies and he discusses the edit of ANH.

Marcia Lucas wasn't involved in editing the version of ANH that came out in theaters...for the simple reason that she was engaged at the time editing New York New York for Martin Scorsese.

Marcia Lucas didn't save Star Wars any more than anybody else on ANH saved Star Wars, and without Lucas there would not be a Star Wars to save.
    Is that why she's the one with the Oscar?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Is that why she's the one with the Oscar?
    The Oscar for A New Hope was awarded jointly to Paul Hirsch, Richard Chew, and Marcia Lucas. So she's not the only one with the Oscar.

That confirms what I was saying...she was not the single person who rescued Star Wars, she was an important collaborator among other important collaborators.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-04-2020 at 08:08 PM.

to be fair both TFA and TLJ are not necessarily my cup of tea. My first thoughts about TFA was the movie was dipped in cooperate greasy oil. it makes sense it turned out to be a new hope redone. when Disney got the franchise they just redid the first film from the OT. As for last jedi, it felt as if Disney tried to pull a marvel, only difference is people already knew star wars very well and had ideas of how star wars should be. last jedi would have been fine, if star wars was not already a well established franchise. it is still better than TFA.

The Saga is over and was a success. LucasFilm and Disney have already been rethinking the future of the franchise. Their other content has been a success. .
    it has not been the success as Lucas film would have wanted it to be.

The TROS "backlash" isn't going to do much of anything
    it would. if they don't fire Kennedy, they will just make her an executive producer. which means nothing. Disney is already bringing in Kevin feige to make a star wars film.

true, though one is getting more hate that makes the other look good, if I remember correctly, one of the other criticism of Khan was he did not need to be Khan and would have been fine as John Harrison. papaltine is just a different level of criticism. I think a lot of stand up comedians are going to joke about his return for years to come.
    well , I never said it does not only appeal to fans, what fans do is understand the problems of a franchise they love more than a casual audience movie goer.

for Disney's sake, I really hope he stays quiet about how he truly feels, considering he already said palpatine was dead and was disappointed with TFA.

Did you know Lucas never wanted to attend the premiere of TFA until his wife convinced him to go? sounds like Lucas's sadness has been building for years.

the leaks to this news said, JJ was offended that he even started cursing on set.
    to be fair, JJ Abrams own film editor has admitted the movie was rushed, had production issues and had a lot of fan service.

I also never ignored part of the series, part of the series establishes her more as a Mary Sue. perhaps lucasfulm wanted to write a chosen one narrative for rey, but sadly when a story is poorly written, the chosen one narrative becomes a Mary Sue.

the story is building up day by day but I am sure Disney Lucasfilm would like to stay ahead of the story or at least control it and may tell JJ not to confirm or deny anything.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Successful yes.
    Good?
    The jury's out on this one.
    well if you are a millennial film fan, Good movies are all about rotten tomatoes and box office, so for the box office, its a good film.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-05-2020 at 12:46 AM.

to be fair both TFA and TLJ are not necessarily my cup of tea.
    Okay, no shame in that. I think the healthiest way to have a fandom is to recognize that not everything will be "for you" and to enjoy what you like and let what you don't be. Goodness knows I didn't like Abrams' Trek movies, but a lot of people did, and we both should be able to coexist and be happy that we're all Trekkies.

My first thoughts about TFA was the movie was dipped in cooperate greasy oil. it make sense it turned out to be a new hope redone. when Disney got the franchise they just redid the first film from the OT. As for last jedi, it felt as if Disney tried to pull a marvel, only difference is people already knew star wars very well and had ideas of how star wars should be. last jedi would have been fine, if star wars was not already a well established franchise. it is still better than TFA.
    I never really got the "ANH remake" thing, given how superficial the copied stuff was (Rey is quite a different character from Luke, for starters). However, Star Wars has always rhymed and copied itself with parallels and meta humor, so I guess it's all to be expected. (I mean, even TLJ, the most unique of the bunch, knows how to call back to other parts of the series for effect.)

I think TLJ is the best of the sequels in terms of craftsmanship (between that an Knives Out, given Rian Johnson his own trilogy is the best news for the franchise's future to date), but I think I like the introductory nature of TFA better, in how it introduces us to the characters and really lets us become attached and invested in them as we go into the more plot-heavy Episodes 8 and 9 (obviously, not everyone was endeared to them, but I think having a foundation that put characters first was the right call, irregardless of whether the execution worked or not). Honestly, though, I think Johnson understood Star Wars better then he's given credit for; maybe TLJ deconstructed some things, but you have to know how everything's constructed first to make that work.

it has not been the success as Lucas film would have wanted it to be.
    By what metric? All the movies have turned profit, most of them being the best-sellers of their release year, TV shows are doing well (Baby Yoda, anyone), they're bringing in a new generation of fans with their stuff, tie-ins are as stable as ever. Worst case scenario, LucasFilm is crying all the way to the bank that they're one zero less on the check then they could've been had fate been kinder.

it would. if they don't fire Kennedy, they will just make her an executive producer. which means nothing. Disney is already bringing in Kevin feige to make a star wars film.
    Kennedy is the president of LucasFilm and, as outlined above, has done well with the franchise (at least from a bean-counting perspective, and, I would argue, a creative one as well). There's no reason to fire her and unhappy people online complaining isn't going to move the needle. IMHO, I think having Feige work on a Star Wars movie is a good call; he's had success with the Marvel movies speaks for itself in terms of getting talent together and the MCU's lighthearted adventure tone with memorable characters is a perfect fit for Star Wars. However, he will be working under Kennedy, so her authority is not going to be undermined. (Heck, as we've seen with Colin Trevorrow and Phil Lord and Chris Miller, she's not afraid to fire people when it needs to be done, so I don't think Feige is going to be wearing the pants, so to speak).

true, though one is getting more hate that makes the other look good, if I remember correctly, one of the other criticism of Khan was he did not need to be Khan and would have been fine as John Harrison. papaltine is just a different level of criticism. I think a lot of stand up comedians are going to joke about his return for years to come.
    I think it's too early to tell which will be remembered more badly, although I kinda think Star Wars will outlast the Abrams Trek movies one way or another. Thing is, worst case scenario, bringing Palpatine back was just a poor creative decision (although with a trace of logic to it and works well with the themes of people's choices being what defines them as who they are). With Khan, you have not only awkward writing and a really egregious mystery box that never even served a point (at least Rey's quest for her parents did play out as a story arc over all the movies and paid off in the end with the aforementioned choice theme) and the whitewashing that was really backwards for such a forward thinking franchise (eps. considering how much the show it was based on tried to be progressive in those areas, considering it was the '60s and all that).

well , I never said it does not only appeal to fans, what fans do is understand the problems of a franchise they love more than a casual audience movie goer.
    Dunno, the more I listen to the disgruntled fans, the more I think they forget how the Force works. I commented in another thread on the end duel in TFA and how the idea that Rey was overpowered there makes no sense if you look at the writing of the film and all the Chekov's guns that were lined up and fired there. Mileage may vary.

[QUOTE=Beaddle;4765468]for Disney's sake, I really hope he stays quiet about how he truly feels, considering he already said palpatine was dead and was disappointed with TFA.

Did you know Lucas never wanted to attend the premiere of TFA until his wife convinced him to go? sounds like Lucas's sadness has been building for years.
    Lot of speculation, very little fact (and so what if Lucas didn't like everything? I didn't like every little thing he did either).

the leaks to this news said, JJ was offended that he even started cursing on set.
    If true, wouldn't it make sense that he'd be mad about leaks because of the leaks themselves?

to be fair, JJ Abrams own film editor has admitted the movie was rushed, had production issues and had a lot of fan service.
    Yeah, I think TROS is imperfect and some of those tidbits make sense in light of the flaws in question (such as the rapid pace and few slow-down scenes). However, that does not prove a J.J. Cut exists.

I also never ignored part of the series, part of the series establishes her more as a Mary Sue. perhaps lucasfulm wanted to write a chosen one narrative for rey, but sadly when a story is poorly written, the chosen one narrative becomes a Mary Sue.
    You might have to explain why she's a Mary Sue, since all the arguments I've heard do not hold up period when watching the films. (Heck, if Rey is a Mary Sue, so are Anakin and Luke; logic demands it.)

the story is building up day by day but I am sure Disney Lucasfilm would like to stay ahead of the story or at least control it and may tell JJ not to confirm or deny anything.
    All we have is an unsubstantiated claim (with all the hallmarks of being untrustworthy, if not fabricated) and online people repeating it and convincing themselves that it's a fact. At the very best, there might be enough deleted scenes to create an extended version (a la X-Men: Days of Future Past -- and, hey, that would be cool if they did that), but the whole idea that there's a Snyder Cut-style version that's a completely different movie from what we got in theaters, that is nonsense and it's time we treat it as such (unless we hear otherwise from official channels, but I'm not holding my breath over that).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay, no shame in that. I think the healthiest way to have a fandom is to recognize that not everything will be "for you" and to enjoy what you like and let what you don't be. Goodness knows I didn't like Abrams' Trek movies, but a lot of people did, and we both should be able to coexist and be happy that we're all Trekkies.
    But it kind of debunks the myth of why people become fans in the first place. ie people get divorces because their partner changes or they fall out of love. fans are passionate because they fall in love with a franchise and can't handle what are obviously bad changes, one best example is the complete character assignation of Luke in last jedi or how the force in this ST trilogy has become more like basic magic. at this point you can give jedis wands and magic staffs.

I never really got the "ANH remake" thing, given how superficial the copied stuff was (Rey is quite a different character from Luke, for starters). However, Star Wars has always rhymed and copied itself with parallels and meta humor, so I guess it's all to be expected. (I mean, even TLJ, the most unique of the bunch, knows how to call back to other parts of the series for effect.)
    its a new hope remake, can't argue with that when JJ himself has said so.

By what metric? All the movies have turned profit, most of them being the best-sellers of their release year, TV shows are doing well (Baby Yoda, anyone), they're bringing in a new generation of fans with their stuff, tie-ins are as stable as ever. Worst case scenario, LucasFilm is crying all the way to the bank that they're one zero less on the check then they could've been had fate been kinder.
    profit is not the same as disappointment.

Kennedy is the president of LucasFilm and, as outlined above, has done well with the franchise (at least from a bean-counting perspective, and, I would argue, a creative one as well). There's no reason to fire her and unhappy people online complaining isn't going to move the needle. IMHO, I think having Feige work on a Star Wars movie is a good call; he's had success with the Marvel movies speaks for itself in terms of getting talent together and the MCU's lighthearted adventure tone with memorable characters is a perfect fit for Star Wars. However, he will be working under Kennedy, so her authority is not going to be undermined. (Heck, as we've seen with Colin Trevorrow and Phil Lord and Chris Miller, she's not afraid to fire people when it needs to be done, so I don't think Feige is going to be wearing the pants, so to speak).
    Kennedy has messed up so much, from the leaks, even Disney wanted her to scale down on the so called woke agenda. rumours are flying that Jon Favreau will now become the main man behind the star wars franchise. as for Fiege, I don't think he is a good call, his work with marvel is sort of meh compared to the source material, also marvel is nothing really like star wars so feige won't be able to use his formula there including the light humor stuff that was one of the pains of last Jedi.

I still think JJ Abrams would be better for star wars if star wars was owned by paramount and he made star wars films with paramount I don't know who Phil or Chairs are but I don't see Colin Trevorrow returning. he probably feels he dodge a bullet after leaving the director's chair of ROS.

I think it's too early to tell which will be remembered more badly, although I kinda think Star Wars will outlast the Abrams Trek movies one way or another. Thing is, worst case scenario, bringing Palpatine back was just a poor creative decision (although with a trace of logic to it and works well with the themes of people's choices being what defines them as who they are). With Khan, you have not only awkward writing and a really egregious mystery box that never even served a point
    Palpatine will remembered more badly, most don't even talk about into darkness anymore. ROS will be talked about negatively for years to come. the white washing issue is different to poor story telling.

(at least Rey's quest for her parents did play out as a story arc over all the movies and paid off in the end with the aforementioned choice theme) and the whitewashing that was really backwards for such a forward thinking franchise (eps. considering how much the show it was based on tried to be progressive in those areas, considering it was the '60s and all that).
    except Rey's back story has imploded, it exposed further that Kennedy never had a plan. Rian and JJ will forever have a professional grudge against the other. her entire story arc is even more bizzare as she now takes the name of skywalker and takes all of luke's possession with no logical explanation why.
    Dunno, the more I listen to the disgruntled fans, the more I think they forget how the Force works. I commented in another thread on the end duel in TFA and how the idea that Rey was overpowered there makes no sense if you look at the writing of the film and all the Chekov's guns that were lined up and fired there. Mileage may vary.
    Well you might want to stop saying disgruntled fans as I don't see myself as one, see my earlier comments when I said one of the worst part about this new films is how they treat the force.
    If true, wouldn't it make sense that he'd be mad about leaks because of the leaks themselves?
    I dont think so. the leaks are making JJ look good that some people out there who hate jj are saying it is nothing but a bad robot (his own production company) positive spin to help him

You might have to explain why she's a Mary Sue, since all the arguments I've heard do not hold up period when watching the films. (Heck, if Rey is a Mary Sue, so are Anakin and Luke; logic demands it.)

I have done so many times, tired of repeating myself but at this point, I think it is now almost universal accepted that rey is a mary sue, along with Wesley Crusher and Bella Sawn even Wikipedia Mary sue now has a section of rey.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

All we have is an unsubstantiated claim (with all the hallmarks of being untrustworthy, if not fabricated) and online people repeating it and convincing themselves that it's a fact. At the very best, there might be enough deleted scenes to create an extended version (a la X-Men: Days of Future Past -- and, hey, that would be cool if they did that), but the whole idea that there's a Snyder Cut-style version that's a completely different movie from what we got in theaters, that is nonsense and it's time we treat it as such (unless we hear otherwise from official channels, but I'm not holding my breath over that).
    DOFP was about one character wasn't it? Rogue. The DOFP rogue cut was just a treat for fans and for Bryan Singer to brag about his film making talents, fans were already okay with the original movie, This ROS cut is more about people wanting some kind of justice and trying to make what is a bad film look better.

The one give away clue that I buy the cut exist was the film editor admitting, post production was a nightmare. this is the same thing with Justice League and a cut of the movie does exist. its cool that you want to believe its all fabricated but there is a 90% chance it is not.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-05-2020 at 01:38 AM.

Looks like we have more concrete evidence now.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...e-film-a172500
    STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER Actor Dominic Monaghan Hopes To See A "J.J. Cut" Of The Film

''Amid unsubstantiated rumors that a director's cut of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker exists, actor Dominic Monaghan has admitted that a lot of footage was filmed that wound up on the cutting room floor''.

In quote from Dominic himself.

“Like a lot of Star Wars fans, I’m hoping there will be a director’s cut so we’ll get to see more and more of the stuff that was filmed," Monaghan told THR. "I wasn’t there all the time, but even in the short time that I was there, there was so much stuff filmed that didn’t make it to the theatrical version....Oh, man, there was so much stuff.”

“Another thing that we will hopefully see at some point in the future," he said, "is that in the final battle, Connix [played by Billie Lourd] injures her leg. Obviously, myself, Rose and Connix are exiting the battle, and Rose has a weapon. While Rose is busy doing stuff, I grab Connix’s arm and put it over my shoulder to make sure that all of us come back as unscathed as possible.”

If only I ever doubted it was fabricated. Some of this Hollywood studios are so predictable.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-05-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Lot's of films have cut scenes...and most are cut with good reason. There's still little to suggest this was some nefarious take over that drastically altered the film.

Has Disney ever released a director's cut for their films? WB more or less invented the concept so putting out BvS:ED wasn't a strange occurrence for them.

The issue with DCs is that they can fundamentally change the story too which becomes problematic in a lynch pin piece of media. Which version is the 'real' one, the DC or the theatre version?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut