Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 65 of 65
  1. #61
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doesn't disprove my point one bit.
    So what's your point? I'm here to give my opinions not disprove yours.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    623

    Default

    A genuine redemption storyline for Barbara / Cheetah would be interesting to see. And I'd love to see Diana genuinely and openly seek to rehabilitate former enemies and potentially even include one of them as part of her regularly recurring group of allies.

    I am intrigued about how Barbara would seek to atone for her past sins. Would Barbara be able to free herself of the "Cheetah" forever and return to an ordinary human form? Would Barbara use her archaeological know-how to help the Amazons on Themyscira in some way? Would "Cheetah" join a team of heroes to battle villains?

    But, I think a lot of the ... tragedy and interest of Cheetah's storyline (when written well) is that she's essentially "too far gone", either due to Barbara's own emotional and mental issues or because of the influence of the "Cheetah" / Urzkartaga (or other god / being). It's appealing to have a villain who is ... understandable / sympathetic to a degree, but who remains a villain. It allows for more meaningful "conflict" between the hero and the villain because it's not limited to a physical battle, but there is an emotional turmoil there as well.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    So what's your point? I'm here to give my opinions not disprove yours.
    That Circe has not been inching closer to being an an antihero as you claim. If anything she's only become more evil as time went on.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That Circe has not been inching closer to being an an antihero as you claim. If anything she's only become more evil as time went on.
    That's your viewpoint and that's fine. I disagree and that's fine too. Maybe it's because I really like Circe and want that to be the case, I don't know.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    A genuine redemption storyline for Barbara / Cheetah would be interesting to see. And I'd love to see Diana genuinely and openly seek to rehabilitate former enemies and potentially even include one of them as part of her regularly recurring group of allies.

    I am intrigued about how Barbara would seek to atone for her past sins. Would Barbara be able to free herself of the "Cheetah" forever and return to an ordinary human form? Would Barbara use her archaeological know-how to help the Amazons on Themyscira in some way? Would "Cheetah" join a team of heroes to battle villains?

    But, I think a lot of the ... tragedy and interest of Cheetah's storyline (when written well) is that she's essentially "too far gone", either due to Barbara's own emotional and mental issues or because of the influence of the "Cheetah" / Urzkartaga (or other god / being). It's appealing to have a villain who is ... understandable / sympathetic to a degree, but who remains a villain. It allows for more meaningful "conflict" between the hero and the villain because it's not limited to a physical battle, but there is an emotional turmoil there as well.
    Or perhaps someone who tries to do good things even if she can't avoid doing bad things sometimes?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •