Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
Hmm, I Don't think that's the case at all.
When Erik say that his methods have Evolved, he meant it in a tactical sense imo: "Instead of crushing you in a blazing display of brute force and violence, I will asphyxiate you slowly, steadily, silently behind closed doors. You won't see me coming."
His goals are the same: mutant dominance over the rest of Humanity, the outcome too with total Victory being sought, only the execution differs.
And it's also smart in a sense that it goes Under the radar from organizations that are dedicated to subdue "blazing display of brute force and violence" like the Avengers, the Champions or the Fantastic Four - they Don't fight on those territories, nations do.
Magneto joining hands with Charles to build a society where his ideologies coexist with Charles's IS an evolution for him. The acceptance that his path may not be the only right way.

And really, his "machinations" just involve the marginalized and oppressed taking back power from their perpetrators in a non-violent way so that the latter can no longer hurt the former. The only people he explicitly mentioned cutting out from power structures were the hateful bigots who needed to be neutered, influence wise, for the welfare and betterment of his people. That's a FAR more sophisticated and nuanced approach than just "the only difference is he isn't violent now".