Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Truth but without results.

After all we are able to send people to other planets but we are unable to solve problems such as world hunger or global warming.

Of course there is a lot of noise but change is another story if I have to describe it humanity in general were interested in change but not willing to make the sacrifices to change.
    It's like Joe Fixit said to Doc Samson in the Incoming! one-shot, humans have to want to change if they're going to survive as a species and a society, but they don't, so they won't.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Here's a weird thought: are Homo Novissima a bad thing? Obviously they're opposed to the mutants in a couple timelines, but the two that they actually emerge we know very little about. Moira's 9th life she awoke Apocalypse early and waged war on all of humanity, so its hard to make judgment calls on what the human race did in response. Her 6th life certainly made the Novissima humans look creepy, and the Phalanx as well, but those kind of gestalt existences pop up all the time in sci-fi. They're usually only evil when they force people to be a part of them. The Borg, basically.

Granted I don't know much about the Phalanx. I think they're an established thing before HoXPoX. They aren't necessarily the same as Homo Novissima. And Homo Novissima popping up in 2 of Moira's lives hardly screams 'inevitable'.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Here's a weird thought: are Homo Novissima a bad thing? Obviously they're opposed to the mutants in a couple timelines, but the two that they actually emerge we know very little about. Moira's 9th life she awoke Apocalypse early and waged war on all of humanity, so its hard to make judgment calls on what the human race did in response. Her 6th life certainly made the Novissima humans look creepy, and the Phalanx as well, but those kind of gestalt existences pop up all the time in sci-fi. They're usually only evil when they force people to be a part of them. The Borg, basically.

Granted I don't know much about the Phalanx. I think they're an established thing before HoXPoX. They aren't necessarily the same as Homo Novissima. And Homo Novissima popping up in 2 of Moira's lives hardly screams 'inevitable'.
    Depends what you think about genetic experienes and manipulation.
    Mutants also did this when they did the Chimeras, but got screwed up by Sinister.

you are pretty on point on thisÇ we have too little info about what really happened to originate homo novissima and the conflicts

BANNED

A fair question to be honest. I mean, until the likes of Warlock, Danger and Broo started popping up, the Brood and Phalanx were seen in a similarly terrible vein--but that's because we only saw the collective, not the individuals who broke off from the overall collective.

Heh, just thought; maybe that's why those three have been pushed off to the side? They mess with that aspect of the narrative; three individuals from two very much antagonistic, hive-mind races proving themselves as allies to the X-Men? Can't help but find that a bit suspicious, actually.

The Phalanx are, as far as I can recall, what happens when a member of the techno-organic species called the Technarchy infects an organic being with a virus derived from its unique hybrid physiology, which converts the organic being into a similar techno-organic life-form. However, the Phalanx is called that because those infected tend to form a hive mind driven to expand itself by adding others to its collective. On the question of whether or not Homo Novissima is/are a bad thing, humanity taking control of its own evolution instead of leaving it to chance is an interesting idea that's gained some amount of traction in real life, hence transhumanism being a thing, but in the context of it being used to facilitate wholesale genocide of mutants via "superior humans" . . . as the meme goes, "That's a no from me, dog."

It depends on this change taking place to fully improve humanity in all aspects or if it's something specifically designed to confront mutants from the standpoint of an arms race.

If the issue is just a change to decimate the mutants and win the war then humanity would simply continue its cycle of self-destruction after winning without changing methods or lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Phalanx are, as far as I can recall, what happens when a member of the techno-organic species called the Technarchy infects an organic being with a virus derived from its unique hybrid physiology, which converts the organic being into a similar techno-organic life-form. However, the Phalanx is called that because those infected tend to form a hive mind driven to expand itself by adding others to its collective. On the question of whether or not Homo Novissima is/are a bad thing, humanity taking control of its own evolution instead of leaving it to chance is an interesting idea that's gained some amount of traction in real life, hence transhumanism being a thing, but in the context of it being used to facilitate wholesale genocide of mutants via "superior humans" . . . as the meme goes, "That's a no from me, dog."
    Gotcha. So Phalanx are much like the Borg, and are basically just card carrying evil. Homo Novissima, on the other hand, are harder to tell. This is again mostly because we don't know much about them. I guess I'm sympathetic to them because I've seen this plot thread in videogames and anime a million times. "Humans are evil because they defied natural evolution by building giant robots/making nukes/creating magic/going in to space/etc." Its usually the bad guys making that argument. And because mutants are competing by relying on technology (namely, Cerebro) and genetic engineering with the Chimeras kind of muddles the message. Them having a magic island that provides for all their needs just invites comparisons to James Cameron's Avatar. You don't want to do that.

We don't even know for certain how genocidal they are because of the two timelines they appeared, one was defined by Moira starting World War Mutant. But given how genocidal humans are in Marvel its not too much of a stretch.

Gotcha. So Phalanx are much like the Borg, and are basically just card carrying evil. Homo Novissima, on the other hand, are harder to tell. This is again mostly because we don't know much about them. I guess I'm sympathetic to them because I've seen this plot thread in videogames and anime a million times. "Humans are evil because they defied natural evolution by building giant robots/making nukes/creating magic/going in to space/etc." Its usually the bad guys making that argument. And because mutants are competing by relying on technology (namely, Cerebro) and genetic engineering with the Chimeras kind of muddles the message. Them having a magic island that provides for all their needs just invites comparisons to James Cameron's Avatar. You don't want to do that.

We don't even know for certain how genocidal they are because of the two timelines they appeared, one was defined by Moira starting World War Mutant. But given how genocidal humans are in Marvel its not too much of a stretch.
    To be somewhat fair, the Technarchy is even worse. They regard the Phalanx as basically leftovers gone bad, since the whole reason the Technarchs infect organic beings is to feed on their essence for sustenance, and the Phalanx is what happens when they don't finish the job. And yes, you do raise a good point that the Homo Novissima themselves, even if they were created to be more effective mutant-killers, might not be entirely bad in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This series(and the comic book medium in general) is so under Disney’s radar I doubt they care.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm telling you, there's more to this comic book stuff that one might think. Considering Captain America was explicitly commissioned as a piece of military propaganda, I sometimes wonder if all of {classic/60's onward}Marvel isn't some weird MK Ultra program cooked up by the Project Paperclip types after the war.
    and meanwhile in 2019 they're doing the same thing:
    https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/is-c...ry-propaganda/

im not gonna argue that the comics have more cultural impact than the movies because they definitely dont, and obviously disney is more focused on those. but they own the source material - there needs to be synergy between the comics and he movies and rest assured that there will be. its all about maintaining a brand. ok, thats my tinfoil hat moment for the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Magneto speech was splendid tho I can see why having an historically jewish character talk about buying humanity out would raise some eyebrows.
    Claremont even had Magneto have a Rothschild bank account in one of his Classic X-Men backup stories.

magnetobankswithrothchilds.jpg

Most people will never catch such details.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Big dick energy all throughout this issue

Humans: bu-bu-but you can’t do that!

Mutants: Oh but I can and I will, you have no choice.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

considering Gorgon has apparently embraced Krakoa with the zeal of the convert, the though occurs that the real threat to Krakoa might not be the inevitable betrayal by the QC members, or the humans (who are probably closer to Novissima than Xavier knows), their proto-novissima lackeys or the Dominions; but the True Believers once they realise how Erik, Charles and Moira have cyclically manipulated them

BANNED

Manipulated them how? An entire section of this issue was how genuine Xavier is and transparent abt his objectives and methods he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    If I understand correctly the problem of some is not humans fighting for resources and economic power where few have much and many have little, but the fact that mutants do it better taking from humans to give to mutants .

Frankly humans and nations have been playing this sick game for hundreds of years and no one sees any problem with that but mutants playing the game and winning is wrong and perverse?
    The mutants, no… they aren't supposed to be better or worse than the 'humans', the X-gene is not about a better morality… but the X-men were supposed to have some ethics (heroes and all…)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont even had Magneto have a Rothschild bank account in one of his Classic X-Men backup stories.

magnetobankswithrothchilds.jpg

Most people will never catch such details.
    To put all the gold he has stolen from the Nazis?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe