Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 947
  1. #871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, another good issue. Great to see Checchetto drawing although I'm going to against the grain and say that I felt his art in certain moments felt a wee bit more rushed than usual and I'm not too keen on how he drew Kirsten. I remembered her having softer features whereas she seems to be kind of sharp/pointy. I still think he's a fantastic artist and I love how he draws Daredevil.
    Loved the issue and love Checchetto's art but have to agree with you, I noticed it too. There was a couple of panels with Kirsten and Foggy that looked a bit off to me, comparitively speaking.

  2. #872
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think that's a really great quality to have for comic writers. And it's how it should be. When things are established in past runs, they should be incorporated moving forward. That's how characters are pushed forward and evolve. Too many writers come in and do their own thing and disregard everything like it's a creator owned run. I don't like that.
    Yes, I agree. I like how Zdarsky is taking into account various factors from Matt's past. In a way, kind of cleaning things up. However, there was one jarring matter in that Bullett was working together with Bullseye when they were tearing up Hell's Kitchen and went up against Daredevil.. If anyone had read Old Man Logan and the Bullseye mini-series, they would know that Bullseye killed Bullets's son which would make them sworn enemies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Especially when it goes counter to the entire history of the character.
    Bendis and Remender, no matter how good they can be are guilty of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Loved the issue and love Checchetto's art but have to agree with you, I noticed it too. There was a couple of panels with Kirsten and Foggy that looked a bit off to me, comparitively speaking.
    Good to know I wasn't they only one

  3. #873
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil by Gavin Smith:


  4. #874

    Default

    I like this one by Gavin Smith too:

    gavinsmithdaredevil.jpg

  5. #875
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    235

    Default

    What does he keep in the pouches, energy bars?

  6. #876
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil by Ed Eargle:


  7. #877
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Oh, and one more thing about Daredevil #23 - I really appreciated the interaction between Daredevil and Spidey. Zdarsky didn't make them argue without a plan. Great set of panels.

  8. #878
    Spectacular Member macjr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Regarding the previous issue, I wondered why Matt didn't approach Danny Rand in helping out with the real estate. Danny is much more altruistic than Stark and would probably help out without hesitation.
    I thought about this too and I had a couple of thoughts:

    1) While Danny certainly isn't hurting my understanding is that he doesn't have Tony Stark money (could be completely wrong here)
    2) I think it was more powerful to have just the interaction with Tony, though there could have been a line in there from Matt like "I've already talked to Danny Rand and he is onboard to help". Though I guess if you do that it eases the burden for Stark which perhaps Zdarsky didn't want to do.

  9. #879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    What does he keep in the pouches, energy bars?
    Rosary beads

  10. #880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I thought about this too and I had a couple of thoughts:

    1) While Danny certainly isn't hurting my understanding is that he doesn't have Tony Stark money (could be completely wrong here)
    2) I think it was more powerful to have just the interaction with Tony, though there could have been a line in there from Matt like "I've already talked to Danny Rand and he is onboard to help". Though I guess if you do that it eases the burden for Stark which perhaps Zdarsky didn't want to do.
    I am willing to let any issue with him not going to Rand slide because of the substance of the conversation he had with stark, what it was all about. He wasn't just asking for money per se, he was making a broader point and trying to communicate something to Tony regarding the broader picture. It isn't just that money can be (altruistically) put to use but that more needs to change, in terms of structural change, and that ties into matt telling him that being a super hero isn't enough basically. I really liked it, it is like matt is leaning more into liberation theology catholicism But yeah I don't think he could have the same conversation if it wasn't tony because if he is just talking to rand itd be more rand already on the same page so there isn't too much to discuss or argue about. Probably not expressing myself that well but hopefully you get the idea

  11. #881
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Arrived at the start of the Lady Bullseye arc. Man, really tough to keep rooting for Matt after that lol

  12. #882
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I thought about this too and I had a couple of thoughts:

    1) While Danny certainly isn't hurting my understanding is that he doesn't have Tony Stark money (could be completely wrong here)
    2) I think it was more powerful to have just the interaction with Tony, though there could have been a line in there from Matt like "I've already talked to Danny Rand and he is onboard to help". Though I guess if you do that it eases the burden for Stark which perhaps Zdarsky didn't want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I am willing to let any issue with him not going to Rand slide because of the substance of the conversation he had with stark, what it was all about. He wasn't just asking for money per se, he was making a broader point and trying to communicate something to Tony regarding the broader picture. It isn't just that money can be (altruistically) put to use but that more needs to change, in terms of structural change, and that ties into matt telling him that being a super hero isn't enough basically. I really liked it, it is like matt is leaning more into liberation theology catholicism But yeah I don't think he could have the same conversation if it wasn't tony because if he is just talking to rand itd be more rand already on the same page so there isn't too much to discuss or argue about. Probably not expressing myself that well but hopefully you get the idea
    You both make very good points. I think that's probably it. Zdarsky wanted the interaction between Daredevil and Stark. Matt wants Stark also to change. He probably figured Danny would help him out anyway.

  13. #883

    Default

    Matt remembers back when Cap gave him a talking to

    283-Daredevil_283_12.jpg

    283-Daredevil_283_13.jpg

  14. #884
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Oh, and one more thing about Daredevil #23 - I really appreciated the interaction between Daredevil and Spidey. Zdarsky didn't make them argue without a plan. Great set of panels.
    That was one of the best things about the issue. Heroes having an honest conversation.

  15. #885
    Spectacular Member MacrossPlus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That was one of the best things about the issue. Heroes having an honest conversation.
    we need more of that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •