Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 947
  1. #886
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default






  2. #887
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    DAMN!!!! They're going hard on that 25th issue. LOVE IT!!!
    And issue 23 was an awesome 10/10 for me.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  3. #888
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,223

    Default

    Yeah those teasers are really awesome. First big milestone issue for Zdarsky (25) and it sounds like it'll set the tone for the rest going forward.

  4. #889
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,441

    Default

    I am so ready and I hope that Zdarsky stays on for at least another 25 issues.

  5. #890
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil by Craig Shepherd:


  6. #891
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil commission by Luis Bustos:


  7. #892
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil (Netflix) + Void = The Devil of the Void (In honor of the third season of DD airing exactly 2 years ago) by Cat Murdock:


  8. #893

    Default

    so is Fisk still mayor of New York City? what is Matt's job, currently?

  9. #894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is Fisk still mayor of New York City? what is Matt's job, currently?
    Fisk is still Mayor and Matt became a parole worker.

  10. #895
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Finished Brubaker's run.

    A while ago I posted here questioning the general consensus of this run. After having read all of it, I think I agree with that consensus.

    Ed Brubaker's run on Daredevil is very good, and I loved my time reading. With that said, there are some problems with it that prevent it from standing shoulder to shoulder with the Miller/Bendis stuff, but not by too much.

    For me the cracks started to show in the second half, with the start of the Mr. Fear arc. My experience with Daredevil is Frank Miller, and everything from Kevin Smith to Brubaker, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Fear doesn't show up in any of those books. I know he's a long standing Daredevil character, but once Brubaker brings him in it feels like he kinda shows up out of nowhere. He wants to fuck Matt over but we're never really shown why or what his relationship is with Matt. He comes off like a lame Scarecrow.

    Next is the introduction of The Hood, who also seemingly comes out of nowhere. He has a quick feud with Mr. Fear ans then just... leaves? My understanding is that he was big Avengers villain at the moment, but everything with him here felt very abrupt.

    Then there's arc with the Hand and Lady Bullseye. I like this arc just fine because of the consequences Matt suffers, but it suffers from the same problems as the earlier stories. Some pieces are introduced at strange times and with questionable purpose. Master Izo, Lady Bullseye and her conspirator just kinda sloppily come together. I think this is where the run is a bit separated from Miller/Bendis, as those books just felt tighter with the their later plots.

    I don't know how I feel about Dakota North. Kinda hate her because of her homewrecking. Milla Donovan deserved better.

    Loved everything else. Brubaker has a good voice for all the characters (Foggy especially I think) Lark and Guadino really create a Season 2 to Maleev's season 1.

    8/10

  11. #896
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Finished Brubaker's run.

    A while ago I posted here questioning the general consensus of this run. After having read all of it, I think I agree with that consensus.

    Ed Brubaker's run on Daredevil is very good, and I loved my time reading. With that said, there are some problems with it that prevent it from standing shoulder to shoulder with the Miller/Bendis stuff, but not by too much.

    For me the cracks started to show in the second half, with the start of the Mr. Fear arc. My experience with Daredevil is Frank Miller, and everything from Kevin Smith to Brubaker, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Fear doesn't show up in any of those books. I know he's a long standing Daredevil character, but once Brubaker brings him in it feels like he kinda shows up out of nowhere. He wants to fuck Matt over but we're never really shown why or what his relationship is with Matt. He comes off like a lame Scarecrow.

    Next is the introduction of The Hood, who also seemingly comes out of nowhere. He has a quick feud with Mr. Fear ans then just... leaves? My understanding is that he was big Avengers villain at the moment, but everything with him here felt very abrupt.

    Then there's arc with the Hand and Lady Bullseye. I like this arc just fine because of the consequences Matt suffers, but it suffers from the same problems as the earlier stories. Some pieces are introduced at strange times and with questionable purpose. Master Izo, Lady Bullseye and her conspirator just kinda sloppily come together. I think this is where the run is a bit separated from Miller/Bendis, as those books just felt tighter with the their later plots.

    I don't know how I feel about Dakota North. Kinda hate her because of her homewrecking. Milla Donovan deserved better.

    Loved everything else. Brubaker has a good voice for all the characters (Foggy especially I think) Lark and Guadino really create a Season 2 to Maleev's season 1.

    8/10
    I'm kind of surprised there's been no follow up to Mr. Fear with how overpowered Brubaker made him and how much of a mess he made of Matt's life. He just "won" and got a happy ending.

    I wouldn't call Dakota a homewrecker because the home was kind of wrecked by the point she and Matt slept together and she never set out to "steal" him from Milla. It's not like she and Matt became lovers afterwards, it was just really awkward.

  12. #897
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't call Dakota a homewrecker because the home was kind of wrecked by the point she and Matt slept together and she never set out to "steal" him from Milla. It's not like she and Matt became lovers afterwards, it was just really awkward.
    Yeah, and maybe this is just me, but you could kinda tell that Milla was never meant to stick around for very long. I mean, very few of DD's girlfriend/spouses really do.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  13. #898
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    I think we kind of knew that Matt and Milla wouldn't be together too long but Milla did deserve better. I've said this before, the Dakota North incident kind of messed up the Brubaker run for me. It just didn't seem to fit well in many ways and I felt it was kind of a cheap element for Brubaker to add to the story, something from a lesser crime story.

    @Crossfit, pretty good summary in general.

    The art by Lark and Gaudiano was indeed very good and carried on the atmosphere of Bendis and Maleev.

  14. #899
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil L'Homme Sans Peur cover by Stéphane Perger:


  15. #900
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Daredevil by Ricardo Jaime:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •