Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I liked Daredevil: Yellow a lot and much prefer it as a retelling of Matt's origin story compared to MWOF.

Interesting. It's been a while since I last read MwoF,so I would need to look over it again before making a choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, it's just that, a nice read. Out of the four "colours", I think the Hulk Gray is my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]In agreement with you about DD: Yellow being a nice read (especially, the artwork ):

[center]Probably not a popular choice, but my personal favorite is Captain America: White
    I see. I've read the Spider-Man one, which I also liked, so I guess I'll might have to check out the other ones as well. I was actually considering taking a gamble and getting the "Colors" Omnibus, but I ended up just getting the DD one, and I already had the Spidey one as digital from earlier.
    Last edited by gohei_; 10-20-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Another really good issue. So glad to see spoilers:
    DD and Spidey on good terms again, I did not see that hug coming though lol.
    I am currently reading the Hawkeye run from 2012 and there is a mafia kind of gang wearing adidas tracksuits there, and in this issue during the ganster meeting there is a guy there wearing a tracksuit, is that possibly the same gang? I can't remember seeing him before in this run.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Another really good issue. So glad to see spoilers:
    DD and Spidey on good terms again, I did not see that hug coming though lol.
    I am currently reading the Hawkeye run from 2012 and there is a mafia kind of gang wearing adidas tracksuits there, and in this issue during the ganster meeting there is a guy there wearing a tracksuit, is that possibly the same gang? I can't remember seeing him before in this run.
    end of spoilers
    Agree on
    spoilers:
    DD and Spidey being good again...especially loved DD giving Spidey the Hug....but wish they had had them share their secret IDs.
    end of spoilers

And loved that
    spoilers:
    for the first time in a long time....someone acknowledged Spidey's kill of Charlie in Germany.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #26
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO & MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
    A DEVIL CONSUMED!
    Matt faces a darkness unlike any before. Meanwhile, ELEKTRA may be in over her head for the first time in her life.
    DAREDEVIL must find the strength to continue the fight as all hell breaks loose.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL. 5: TRUTH/DARE TPB
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Penciled by MARCO CHECCHETTO, FRANCESCO MOBILI & CHRIS SPROUSE
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    The battle may be over, but Matt Murdock’s war is far from finished! For weeks, Hell’s Kitchen has been a lawless neighborhood — but when the police are finally able to resume their patrols, they soon learn they aren’t the only ones interested in keeping the streets safe. Meanwhile, after the events of the past several weeks, Matt Murdock continues to struggle with how best to appease his sense of justice. But he’d better think fast, because the criminals of his neighborhood aren’t inclined to give him any more time to heal. As the likes of Typhoid Mary and Bullseye make their murderous presence known once more, what designs does Elektra have for the Kitchen, the city…and maybe the world? Chip Zdarsky’s Eisner Award–nominated DAREDEVIL saga continues! Collecting DAREDEVIL (2019) #21-25 and DAREDEVIL ANNUAL (2020) #1.
    144 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92581-9
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Astonishing Member

Hmm, technically wasn't Elektra in over her head when she got killed by Bullseye? Just sayin.'
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agree on
    spoilers:
    DD and Spidey being good again...especially loved DD giving Spidey the Hug....but wish they had had them share their secret IDs.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Zdarsky certainly has every right to include Spidey since he wrote for the character, but I have to wonder if they also like having him on lots of covers.
    end of spoilers

Regarding the ending of the issue:
    spoilers:
    I assume it's Mike Murdock pretending to be Matt. It's good for preserving his secret identity, but does anyone think maybe Mike will screw it up?
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Overall, loved the issue. Always enjoy when Matt and Peter get together and like that Zdarsky is rebuilding their friendship.

I feel like a broken record; however, Checchetto just continues to kill it from an art perspective. Everything he draws is great though I would specifically call out how he draws Elektra is fantastic.

The ending has me a little concerned;however, I am willing to see how things play out given what Zdarsky has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    spoilers:
    I assume it's Mike Murdock pretending to be Matt. It's good for preserving his secret identity, but does anyone think maybe Mike will screw it up?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    100% he will. Plus, I am not sure how he is even going to fake being Matt as clearly doesn't have the legal/education skill that Matt does. Plus, I am concerned that he might make a move at Kirsten. In my mind, Matt has to come clean to Kirsten immediately, even if they still want to play the charade of Mike pretending to be Matt. If he allows Kirsten to think that is him, I think that would reflect very poorly on his character.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Overall, loved the issue. Always enjoy when Matt and Peter get together and like that Zdarsky is rebuilding their friendship.

I feel like a broken record; however, Checchetto just continues to kill it from an art perspective. Everything he draws is great though I would specifically call out how he draws Elektra is fantastic.

The ending has me a little concerned;however, I am willing to see how things play out given what Zdarsky has done so far.

spoilers:
    100% he will. Plus, I am not sure how he is even going to fake being Matt as clearly doesn't have the legal/education skill that Matt does. Plus, I am concerned that he might make a move at Kirsten. In my mind, Matt has to come clean to Kirsten immediately, even if they still want to play the charade of Mike pretending to be Matt. If he allows Kirsten to think that is him, I think that would reflect very poorly on his character.
    end of spoilers
    I suspect that's the point. That Matt is going to be pressured to reveal his secret, and have to grapple with all the sides of that particular little dilemma.

spoilers:
    Matt claims he still loves Kirsten. But he is definitely going to let Mike, if it is in fact Mike, pretend to be him in order to keep her off his secret id. For "her own good," because Matt is such a great judge of what's good for anybody. I see it going one of four ways. 1) Matt lies, Mike is able to fake it with Matt's help, Kirsten ends up oblivious to the truth and Matt feels terrible about himself for lying to her, even though in his mind he's protecting her. 2) Mike tries to take advantage of Kirsten, using the Matt disguise. Which forces Matt to either intervene as DD, which could be awkward, or to reveal the truth to her. I expect this path ends with Kirsten thinking "Matt", really Mike, is a total ******* and wanting nothing to do with him ever again. Thus making Matt feel bad, because she nearly got raped and now he's truly lost her for good, even though he wouldn't choose to be with her anyway. 3. Matt sucks it up and confesses. Which probably ends with Kirsten dumping his lying ass, when she realizes that he skipped out on her in order to have his secret id back when the Purple Children gave him the chance. But if played delicately could get Matt and Kirsten back together.

Or 4) Mike, as Matt, gets together with Kirsten. She's none the wiser, chalking up "Matt's" new failings as just not knowing him that well before. And the two of them keep right on dating, because Matt is too damn stubborn to tell her the truth. So he loses his girl to his weird, formerly fictional, sort of clone brother, and has to angst over that while he deals with everything else. In which case I expect wedding bells in the none too distant future, because if we're going full soap opera with it, then let's go full soap opera with it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I suspect that's the point. That Matt is going to be pressured to reveal his secret, and have to grapple with all the sides of that particular little dilemma.

spoilers:
    Matt claims he still loves Kirsten. But he is definitely going to let Mike, if it is in fact Mike, pretend to be him in order to keep her off his secret id. For "her own good," because Matt is such a great judge of what's good for anybody. I see it going one of four ways. 1) Matt lies, Mike is able to fake it with Matt's help, Kirsten ends up oblivious to the truth and Matt feels terrible about himself for lying to her, even though in his mind he's protecting her. 2) Mike tries to take advantage of Kirsten, using the Matt disguise. Which forces Matt to either intervene as DD, which could be awkward, or to reveal the truth to her. I expect this path ends with Kirsten thinking "Matt", really Mike, is a total ******* and wanting nothing to do with him ever again. Thus making Matt feel bad, because she nearly got raped and now he's truly lost her for good, even though he wouldn't choose to be with her anyway. 3. Matt sucks it up and confesses. Which probably ends with Kirsten dumping his lying ass, when she realizes that he skipped out on her in order to have his secret id back when the Purple Children gave him the chance. But if played delicately could get Matt and Kirsten back together.

Or 4) Mike, as Matt, gets together with Kirsten. She's none the wiser, chalking up "Matt's" new failings as just not knowing him that well before. And the two of them keep right on dating, because Matt is too damn stubborn to tell her the truth. So he loses his girl to his weird, formerly fictional, sort of clone brother, and has to angst over that while he deals with everything else. In which case I expect wedding bells in the none too distant future, because if we're going full soap opera with it, then let's go full soap opera with it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope it's the better version of your third option, or he just comes clean from the start. What gives me a slight bit of hope is the conversations he had with Foggy and Elektra. Where Foggy told him to stop being the victim and Elektra's quote, which I loved, about him using selfishness masquerading as selflessness. Also, with he is realization at the end about how lucky he is have to have people in his life
    end of spoilers

Yes, another good issue. Great to see Checchetto drawing although I'm going to against the grain and say that I felt his art in certain moments felt a wee bit more rushed than usual and I'm not too keen on how he drew Kirsten. I remembered her having softer features whereas she seems to be kind of sharp/pointy. I still think he's a fantastic artist and I love how he draws Daredevil.

Regarding the previous issue, I wondered why Matt didn't approach Danny Rand in helping out with the real estate. Danny is much more altruistic than Stark and would probably help out without hesitation.

spoilers:
    I'm also hoping Matt comes clean with Kirsten, I would just hate for Mike to hitch up with her. Although, Mike could eventually see the error of his ways and do the right thing for his brother
    end of spoilers

Zdarsky is similar to Grant Morrison in that he incorporates all of the protagonist's past, even stuff we may find kind of goofy, and fits it together. I'm really interested in how it pans out but I do hope this "retcon" gets "unretconned".

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Zdarsky is similar to Grant Morrison in that he incorporates all of the protagonist's past, even stuff we may find kind of goofy, and fits it together. I'm really interested in how it pans out but I do hope this "retcon" gets "unretconned".
    I think that's a really great quality to have for comic writers. And it's how it should be. When things are established in past runs, they should be incorporated moving forward. That's how characters are pushed forward and evolve. Too many writers come in and do their own thing and disregard everything like it's a creator owned run. I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    spoilers:
    Zdarsky certainly has every right to include Spidey since he wrote for the character, but I have to wonder if they also like having him on lots of covers.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yes, that's more likely to happen.

It was another good issue. Glad to see Matt and Peter resolve their issues. I wouldn't mind Spidey showing up again from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think that's a really great quality to have for comic writers. And it's how it should be. When things are established in past runs, they should be incorporated moving forward. That's how characters are pushed forward and evolve. Too many writers come in and do their own thing and disregard everything like it's a creator owned run. I don't like that.
    Especially when it goes counter to the entire history of the character.