Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It reminds me of Deadman over at the distinguished competition.
    This will be Daredevil from the Earth X universe.

DAREDEVIL #27
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO & MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    MASTERWORKS VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    ENSNARED IN THE WEB!
    As New York begins to crack under the weight of Knull’s symbiotic assault, Matt Murdock has a crisis of faith in the most electrifying issue of Chip Zdarksy and Marco Checchetto’s groundbreaking DAREDEVIL run yet.
    BUT THIS TIME, they’re joined by none other than MIKE HAWTHORNE, spearheading a brutal story that pits Daredevil against the god-king of the symbiotes himself — KNULL!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DAREDEVIL VOL. 15 HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER & ROGER McKENZIE with MICHAEL FLEISHER, DAVID MICHELINIE
    & RALPH MACCHIO
    Penciled by FRANK MILLER with STEVE DITKO & PAUL GULACY
    Cover by FRANK MILLER
    One of the most influential runs in not just Marvel history, but all of comics history begins with the arrival of Frank Miller as the creative force behind DAREDEVIL! Miller remade the mythos of the Man Without Fear, first illustrating Roger McKenzie’s scripts with art partner Klaus Janson, then taking over as both writer and artist. Miller grinds the grit of New York City’s streets into every page, blending super heroics with the dark tone of noir crime thrillers. DD squares off against Doctor Octopus, the Hulk, Gladiator and the psychotic side of Bullseye before Miller introduces a new icon: the assassin Elektra! And her tempestuous relationship with Matt Murdock will form the unforgettable backdrop to DD’s war against the Kingpin! Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #159-172 and material from BIZARRE ADVENTURES #25.
    368 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92927-5
    Trim size: 7 x 10
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DAREDEVIL VOL. 15 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 307 (DM ONLY)
    368 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92928-2
    Trim size: 7 x 10

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This will be Daredevil from the Earth X universe.
    OMG! I just finished reading Marvels X, and that twist towards the end totally came out of nowhere...

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-21-2020 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Incredible Member

Yesterday I recieved my Root of Evil Epic, and boy that spine art looks way worse in person than it does in photos. It's not pretty, but I can live with it, and it wasn't a surprise.
    So far the front cover hasn't curled up on itself though, so that's positive

I just re-read Last Rites by Chichester and Weeks. This is a very good and underappreciated story arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just re-read Last Rites by Chichester and Weeks. This is a very good and underappreciated story arc.
    I was watching an overview on youtube of the new Epic and there seemed to be some pretty nice artwork in there, by Weeks I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I was watching an overview on youtube of the new Epic and there seemed to be some pretty nice artwork in there, by Weeks I assume.
    Weeks did some of his best work on this story.

Jon Mikel Bañales - "My version of Daredevil's hallway scene":

Daredevil by Juan Ferreyra:

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Weeks did some of his best work on this story.
    I pre-ordered the Last Rites Epic. I expect it to arrive circa December as I pre-ordered it with some other books. I have these issues in floppies but I'm looking forward to seeing Lee Weeks' art again in a collected edition. His Daredevil work really needs to find itself in an oversized/Omnibus edition. He's one of the best!

Incredible Member

Some nice graffiti in the first few pages It didn't feel like a lot of stuff really happened here, more like setup for the next one which is gonna be really interesting. Also not super fond of the art to be honest, I mean it's not bad, but when in comparison to Chechetto , you know.

This may be the first issue from Zdarsky's run that was a dud for me.

First of all the art was bad, like really bad. All the characters looked off though I thought Tony, Typhoid Mary and Kirsten looked especially bad not to mention the brief appearances of Cap, Luke and Jessica. I honestly can't remember the last time I disliked the art in an issue of Daredevil as much as I did in this issue. Also, when you see how Checchetto draws Elektra then compare it to this issue it makes it really tough to move past.

spoilers:
    As for the story itself, it was a bit all over the place for me. I get that Matt is mad at Foggy, but for all the crap that Matt has put Foggy through and all the crazy things he's done it seemed a bit of an overreaction to me the way Matt treated Foggy.

Not sure why Fisk would want Typhoid Mary around.

Also, to borrow Elektra's quote from an earlier issue Matt's "selfishness masquerading as selflessness" continues and I am not sure how I feel about it. Elektra was right and Matt even said it to Kirsten in the car ride to courtroom. People are going to get hurt or die in Hell's Kitchen if Matt is in prison. I don't think Elektra "owning" Hell's Kitchen changes that and I also can see her having another angle with it beyond helping Matt. Also, I get Elektra stole money, but how could she outbid Stark?

I am also annoyed that he hasn't come clean to Kirsten about his identity, but at least he told Mike to stay away from her. Also, was it implied in that conversation that one of Matt's exes knowingly cheated on Matt with Mike? If so, that is another reason why this real Mike Murdock thing can't be over fast enough. I really hope Zdarsky has a meaningful payoff for it all.

Matt's decision to confess wasn't surprising curious to see where things go from here.
    end of spoilers

I am willing to give Zdarsky a long leash as his run up until recently has been stellar (along with Checchetto's amazing art); however, since the Annual things have been off for me so hopefully things turn around soon. Thankfully the next issue is out next week.

I don’t think it’s ugly art, I just think Marc Checchettos art is so high, anything less than shows. It’s definitely not ugly though.

Have to admit, I'm not a fan of the art either, it's a very jarring difference to Checcetto. Jorge Fornes was much better and complemented Checcetto perfectly.