Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Hi. Can anyone tell me if Tony Stark was in today’s issue, was he in it a bit or was this one of those cover lies?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. Can anyone tell me if Tony Stark was in today’s issue, was he in it a bit or was this one of those cover lies?
    He appeared, and wasn't just a pointless cameo. You'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He appeared, and wasn't just a pointless cameo. You'll enjoy it.
    Thanks so much for the info. It’s appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Marco Checchetto's Instagram:

"Still MARVEL, still DAREDEVIL"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfACboh...=1jze9t0ymm5ek

Looks like he struck a new deal with the company
    Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Oh man, another Great issue

There is only one thing that Really worries me though, spoilers:
    That Tony offers to upgrade Matt's equipment. The worst part about the last Spidey movies has been the techno-suits so I Really hope we won't get the same thing here.
    end of spoilers

I Really feel like this title suffers somewhat from The long wait between issues so it will be Nice to reread it once I have the physical books at hand.
    Yes, very good issue. Francesco Mobili does a good job as replacement for Checchetto but is slightly lacking in detail at times, he mimicks Checchetto's Matt pretty well.

spoilers:
    I agree, it is worrying if and what Stark conjures up for Daredevil. He took on Crossbones, Bullseye, Rhino and Bullet by himself (oh and Stilt-Man also). He doesn't need a high-tech Black Panther suit. Very happy to see Kirsten McDuffie again. I though she got a pretty weak sendoff earlier
    end of spoilers

It'll be great to read in one go in collected format.

Questions for the news-followers and editions connoisseurs

1. Do you think their will ever be colllected editions of the O'Neil run and Nocenti run, like there is for Miller ?
    2. Do you know if their will ever be a softcover omnibus/ultimate edition for Mark Waids run like there has been for Bendis, Miller and Brubaker ?
    3. Do you know if Soules' run and later Zdarsky's run will ever que biger collected editions (such as omnibus for exemple) ?

I've started by DD collection with the nice Ultimate editions and I'd like to have a coherent collection.
    They've recently reprinted some Marvel Knights era in those kind of formats, I hope the next eras will get the same treatment.

Given Recent events in our day and age, how can a guy like Daredevil still believe in the legal system even though everybody else has seen how broken and corrupt it has become?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Given Recent events in our day and age, how can a guy like Daredevil still believe in the legal system even though everybody else has seen how broken and corrupt it has become?
    Because what is the other option? An aristocracy of supervigilantes? He believes in the legal system, because it is fundamentally the system that is about democracy and justice at it's core mechanics. Those core mechanics are not immune to corrupt actors, and certainly not immune to an infestation of corrupt actors, but that lack of immunity doesn't magically make an aristocracy of supervigilantes into democracy, or change the fact that the legal system is a set of mechanics designed for democracy and justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Because what is the other option? An aristocracy of supervigilantes? He believes in the legal system, because it is fundamentally the system that is about democracy and justice at it's core mechanics. Those core mechanics are not immune to corrupt actors, and certainly not immune to an infestation of corrupt actors, but that lack of immunity doesn't magically make an aristocracy of supervigilantes into democracy, or change the fact that the legal system is a set of mechanics designed for democracy and justice.
    There are many other things than an Aristocracy that is possible. A dictatorship, anarchy, civil war, anyone doing it's own law (somewhat anarchy), or he could try to remove the corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This was very nicely worded. I'll add that since Matt works within the system, he almost forces himself to believe in it, and he has some sort of control in its procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Excellent news!

Yes, very good issue. Francesco Mobili does a good job as replacement for Checchetto but is slightly lacking in detail at times, he mimicks Checchetto's Matt pretty well.

spoilers:
    I agree, it is worrying if and what Stark conjures up for Daredevil. He took on Crossbones, Bullseye, Rhino and Bullet by himself (oh and Stilt-Man also). He doesn't need a high-tech Black Panther suit. Very happy to see Kirsten McDuffie again. I though she got a pretty weak sendoff earlier
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I hope it's no more than some tasers or something in his Billy Club. I always loved how... low tech Matt was and everytime they screw with his gear, like the telescoping connecting clubs to staff to nunchuk, to whatever other mcguffin they want to add in it always feels forced. All the way back to the Stan Lee days. Matt should NOT be a technical engineer... he's a gymnast/boxer/acrobat/ninja that studied as a lawyer. He has a ton of skill already, don't just randomly add in extra garbage. It's tough enough to come up with super gadgets without an engineering background... but to do it blind? Ughhh...

If they use Tony to explain some of the stuff that is STILL street level, but beyond the 'lawyer' skill set, I'd be fine with it. Just no Iron Devil suit.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Excellent news!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Best case scenario spoilers:
    He hooks him up with a suit/weapon/whatever that has a limited function that he only has to use for a short while, or he actually gets the whole shebang but after trying it out for a while he realizes that it's not for him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope it's no more than some tasers or something in his Billy Club. I always loved how... low tech Matt was and everytime they screw with his gear, like the telescoping connecting clubs to staff to nunchuk, to whatever other mcguffin they want to add in it always feels forced. All the way back to the Stan Lee days. Matt should NOT be a technical engineer... he's a gymnast/boxer/acrobat/ninja that studied as a lawyer. He has a ton of skill already, don't just randomly add in extra garbage. It's tough enough to come up with super gadgets without an engineering background... but to do it blind? Ughhh...

If they use Tony to explain some of the stuff that is STILL street level, but beyond the 'lawyer' skill set, I'd be fine with it. Just no Iron Devil suit.
    end of spoilers
    I really liked that part about the movie (I don't know if that ever appeared in the comics), I thought it gave him a little bit of versatility without going too crazy.

Absolutely loved everything about this issue except for one minor gripe, see below.

What is really impressing me is that, unlike Soule who I felt compressed Matt's world, Zdarsky is going all over Daredevil's cannon to bring characters back into the fold and he is doing an amazing job with it.

Also, he is really nailing the relationship between Matt and Foggy as it really showed this issue. It's the best depiction of their friendship since the Waid era and, speaking of which, I loved the surprise at that end. I got excited mid-way through the issue when Foggy got the phone call that might be what was happening and excited to see it was the case. Really interested to see where Zdarsky takes it.

Also, the panels with Typhoid Mary may be my favorite that aren't from Nocenti, just awesome stuff.

The only downside for me was the art and really it's more because Checchetto has been so amazing that anyone would be sub-par in comparison.
    Last edited by macjr33; 09-26-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Absolutely loved everything about this issue except for one minor gripe, see below.

What is really impressing me is that, unlike Soule who I felt compressed Matt's world, Zdarsky is going all over Daredevil's cannon to bring characters back into the fold and he is doing an amazing job with it.

Also, he is really nailing the relationship between Matt and Foggy as it really showed this issue. It's the best depiction of their friendship since the Waid era and, speaking of which, I loved the surprise at that end. I got excited mid-way through the issue when Foggy got the phone call that might be what was happening and excited to see it was the case. Really interested to see where Zdarsky takes it.

Also, the panels with Typhoid Mary may be my favorite that aren't from Nocenti, just awesome stuff.

The only downside for me was the art and really it's more because Checchetto has been so amazing that anyone would be sub-par in comparison.
    Encouraging to see a fellow fan of the surprise at the end of the issue.

I agree Zdarsky's done a great job bringing in DD's "regulars" and using them well in particular Foggy. I think Soule did well in bringing in totally new characters. I just think Soule's ending married such a fantastic run. He wanted to write at least another arc but IIRC had to cut short his run. It may have a looked a little different if he was given a little bit more time.

Daredevil by Tolunay Keskin: