Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Some people reckon Elektra might be pregnant!?!?!?
    I am not sure how I would feel about that. Like most things, done well it could be an interesting take and I am not necessarily opposed to Matt having a child at some point though I am not sure I would choose it to be with Elektra. I am afraid a child with Elektra could turn into Daredevil's version of the Batman/Talia al Ghul/Damian dynamic which I am not sure I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I am not sure how I would feel about that. Like most things, done well it could be an interesting take and I am not necessarily opposed to Matt having a child at some point though I am not sure I would choose it to be with Elektra. I am afraid a child with Elektra could turn into Daredevil's version of the Batman/Talia al Ghul/Damian dynamic which I am not sure I want to see.
    Same. I want Elektra to have more independence as a character from Daredevil and a baby would tie them together for ever. I'm not opposed to her having a child, just not with Matt.

I think that’s it. The amount of Elektra in this preview. The opening where they are laying there. It seems to be pointing in a direction. The only think keeping me from that is the whole Soule (I think?) Elektra story “where’s my child” in DD.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Same. I want Elektra to have more independence as a character from Daredevil and a baby would tie them together for ever. I'm not opposed to her having a child, just not with Matt.
    Agreed, while I do like Elektra appearing in Daredevil from time to time she does need more independence from Daredevil. I think of her much in the same way I think of Natasha in terms of how I like her showing up.

Admittedly, I never really looked at Matt and Elektra's relationship the same way as some other Daredevil fans do in her being his one true love. I am more biased towards Karen; however, since her death I've liked Kirsten a lot. I get Matt and Elektra being young and in love and the mutual respect they for each other; however, the fact of the matter is that they view the world in such polar opposite ways that make any relationship unstainable. Even in the last issue, while Elektra bought Hell's Kitchen because it's important to Matt (thought I suspect other factors at play as well) she again states that she doesn't understand why it is important to him.

Contrast that with the flashback scene with Karen in Guardian Devil (which overall I didn't like though these panels were fantastic) in which she says that Matt doing what he does makes her feel safe and would actually make her want to bring a child into the world. Karen gets it and its people like her that Matt is trying to protect. Which as I think about it even more makes me more frustrated with his recent actions because by going to prison people will be less safe.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I think that’s it. The amount of Elektra in this preview. The opening where they are laying there. It seems to be pointing in a direction. The only think keeping me from that is the whole Soule (I think?) Elektra story “where’s my child” in DD.
    Yes, Soule did do that story with Elektra so that could be something to consider. The only other thing that I am thinking about is I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) Zdarsky mentioned something about how his whole run hinges on the events from the Annual and Mike Murdock being real so I wondering if there is something there as well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Agreed, while I do like Elektra appearing in Daredevil from time to time she does need more independence from Daredevil. I think of her much in the same way I think of Natasha in terms of how I like her showing up.

Admittedly, I never really looked at Matt and Elektra's relationship the same way as some other Daredevil fans do in her being his one true love. I am more biased towards Karen; however, since her death I've liked Kirsten a lot. I get Matt and Elektra being young and in love and the mutual respect they for each other; however, the fact of the matter is that they view the world in such polar opposite ways that make any relationship unstainable. Even in the last issue, while Elektra bought Hell's Kitchen because it's important to Matt (thought I suspect other factors at play as well) she again states that she doesn't understand why it is important to him.

Contrast that with the flashback scene with Karen in Guardian Devil (which overall I didn't like though these panels were fantastic) in which she says that Matt doing what he does makes her feel safe and would actually make her want to bring a child into the world. Karen gets it and its people like her that Matt is trying to protect. Which as I think about it even more makes me more frustrated with his recent actions because by going to prison people will be less safe.
    Reading through all of Daredevil, I came away with the strong conviction that Karen was Matt's one true love and I never truly felt it was Elektra. Yes, they went through a lot together but it was the emotional bond and history Matt and Karen had with all the heartbreaks, sacrifices and coming together that defines their true love. I was also a fan of Matt and Kirsten's relationship and was sorry to see it abruptly come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    "It's not in the solicitations. It hasn't been teased. But that it's the kind of thing that speculators might, possibly, be interested in."

That's going to cause speculators to want to get the issue? Did you read the article? =)
    I wouldn't have clicked the link to the article if I wasn't willing to read it. It said "Big Surprise, No One Saw Coming", in the next issue. So immediately I thought of the guy Matt killed as possibly still being alive or connected to someone or something major. Is it enough to get speculators to get the issue? Don't know, don't care. I just made a guess (just like everyone else).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Is it enough to get speculators to get the issue? Don't know, don't care. I just made a guess (just like everyone else).

That was kind of the whole point of the article, my dude. =) Skimming isn't always the best approach.

Now *this* seems a bit more like what we're talking about!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dare...ajor-spoilers/
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

spoilers:
    So Elektra is Daredevil? This isn't like when Iron Fist took over to protect his secret identity. People will know this is a replacement.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Matt's selfishness or his frustration at Foggy and I'm just wondering whether it's a little over the top. Maybe some nerves are still not connecting too well after the accident? Also, if Kingpin doesn't want Mary by his side, he should say so, unless she has something on him.
    It hasn't been a good look for Matt. Matt knows the guy he killed was in self defense and he should also know that as long as he continues to operate as Daredevil, it can happen again. Matt's also coming across very ungrateful towards the people who's trying to help him. Tony tried helping Matt but because he didn't get the results he wanted, Matt gives him the cold shoulder. Foggy is going above and beyond to not only help Matt but also cover for him and Matt still continues to take his frustrations out on him. So yeah, Matt's selfishness is definitely at an all time high.

Mary is too much of a wild card to be at anyone's side. It wouldn't surprise me if she's also working with the Stromwyns. If Fisk doesn't have a contingency plan in dealing with Mary, then he's lost his signature touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    So Elektra is Daredevil? This isn't like when Iron Fist took over to protect his secret identity. People will know this is a replacement.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think they are over selling it a bit. She wont be doing this long term, but I am looking forward to it
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Considering Matt's in jail, this won't be over in just a couple of months.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean, all the solicitations make sense now. I'm curious to see if it means there's any sort of ulterior motivation behind this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    That was kind of the whole point of the article, my dude. =) Skimming isn't always the best approach.

Now *this* seems a bit more like what we're talking about!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dare...ajor-spoilers/
    I'm not against it, but it kind of seems a little more goofier than I think they were going for.

spoilers:
    Kind of amusing that she's got baggy legs but it's still super tight around the chest area...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not against it, but it kind of seems a little more goofier than I think they were going for.

spoilers:
    Kind of amusing that she's got baggy legs but it's still super tight around the chest area...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And she still has that awful baggy Netflix collar. They need to get rid of that aspect of it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    It hasn't been a good look for Matt. Matt knows the guy he killed was in self defense and he should also know that as long as he continues to operate as Daredevil, it can happen again. Matt's also coming across very ungrateful towards the people who's trying to help him. Tony tried helping Matt but because he didn't get the results he wanted, Matt gives him the cold shoulder. Foggy is going above and beyond to not only help Matt but also cover for him and Matt still continues to take his frustrations out on him. So yeah, Matt's selfishness is definitely at an all time high.

Mary is too much of a wild card to be at anyone's side. It wouldn't surprise me if she's also working with the Stromwyns. If Fisk doesn't have a contingency plan in dealing with Mary, then he's lost his signature touch.
    Agree with all of this and it's not like Matt hasn't been selfish or pushed people away before. I think about the Bendis/Brubaker run where he lied about his identify as Daredevil, evening threatening to sue the paper that outed him, or pushing everyone away as he going to lead the Hand. While it may have been wrong to do I could see how, in his mind, he was doing the right thing for the greater good or to protect others; however, I think what is different here is that I can't really make that connection with him pleading guilty along with his treatment of those trying to help him, particularly Foggy.