Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 417
  1. #211
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! I seriously thought they were considered a work of art:
    LOL,! It's the weird body positions combined with the bad anatomy that gets it for me. The proportions just seem way off.

  2. #212
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Even with the content being the same, it will be worth it just to never have to look at those Visionaries covers. I'm sorry, but they are hideous.
    They are horrible. Reminiscent of Miller's Dark Knight Strikes Again.

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Indeed, but you could also get the "Ultimate" collection ones. Bassically the same cover as the Omnibus but with the content of the Visionnaries in 3 paperbacks.
    Much better to read in my opinion.
    You can't beat the oversized Omnibus format IMHO.

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yes that's True. For some reason though vol 3 is pretty hard to find. Or at least it was a few years back, which prompted me into buying the omnibus instead.
    Definitely the way to go. Also, the Omnibuses are more durable and are worth much more especially when they go out of print.

  3. #213
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They are horrible. Reminiscent of Miller's Dark Knight Strikes Again.
    That's only your point of view !

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You can't beat the oversized Omnibus format IMHO.
    How so. To me a HC is not hard to beat. They are heavy, uncarryable, thus hard to read. So ya, they're easy to beat !

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Definitely the way to go. Also, the Omnibuses are more durable and are worth much more especially when they go out of print.
    I'm not so sure, now a days, major runs are always be available every now and then in different format, so who would want to buy an old copy ?
    The only worth HC is maybe the 1st edition.

  4. #214
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post


    Definitely the way to go. Also, the Omnibuses are more durable and are worth much more especially when they go out of print.
    I mean, a hardcover is always gonna look better on the shelf and as you said, it's more durable, but when they are as big (or bigger) as the Miller Omni they get a bit cumbersome to read if you ask me. But of course if there are no better alternatives I have no problem buying a big book.

  5. #215
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Even with the content being the same, it will be worth it just to never have to look at those Visionaries covers. I'm sorry, but they are hideous.
    Was that drawn specifically for that cover or was it taken from somewhere?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  6. #216
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Was that drawn specifically for that cover or was it taken from somewhere?
    I have no idea actually, but I can't remember ever seeing those illustrations in a book.

  7. #217
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post


    I'm not so sure, now a days, major runs are always be available every now and then in different format, so who would want to buy an old copy ?
    The only worth HC is maybe the 1st edition.
    Check the prices on the secondary market of almost any Omnibus that is out of print, whether it be 1st, 2nd or 3rd editions/printings. Until they reprinted the Daredevil Bendis Omnibuses, they were going for a couple of hundred dollars. The Vol. 1 reprinting has already sold out and is now going for over cover price.

    Here are a just couple examples:

    https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-To...=books&sr=1-12



    https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Fou...5403252&sr=8-7

    People who usually buy Omnibuses take care of them and old or not only increase in value. I know because I have bought several "old " Omnibuses and they are in great condition and worth a lot more since I bought them incl. Captain America Brubaker Omnibus, Death of Captain America Omnibus, Silver Surfer Vol. 1 Omnibus....

  8. #218
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Check the prices on the secondary market of almost any Omnibus that is out of print, whether it be 1st, 2nd or 3rd editions/printings. Until they reprinted the Daredevil Bendis Omnibuses, they were going for a couple of hundred dollars. The Vol. 1 reprinting has already sold out and is now going for over cover price.

    Here are a just couple examples:

    https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-To...=books&sr=1-12



    https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Fou...5403252&sr=8-7

    People who usually buy Omnibuses take care of them and old or not only increase in value. I know because I have bought several "old " Omnibuses and they are in great condition and worth a lot more since I bought them incl. Captain America Brubaker Omnibus, Death of Captain America Omnibus, Silver Surfer Vol. 1 Omnibus....
    Yes, you said it !
    Until they reprinted
    Once they've been, they're worthless.

  9. #219
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Yes, you said it !

    Once they've been, they're worthless.
    You've lost me totally. Worthless? You make no sense at all. Collected hardcover editions are generally those comics that keep their value or increase.

    On release week, a $100 Omnibus can be purchased at the cheapest at $50 from Instocktrades, a week later, they're up to around $60. Once supply diminishes, prices start to skyrocket. Trade paperbacks are usually kept in print whereas not all Omnibuses go back to print. Some stay out of print for years or may never see print again. I encourage you to visit the Collected Editions threads to find out more.

    I agree that paperbacks are easier to read and you can take them with you. I personally am a fan and collector of hardbacks and prefer the oversized format in order to better appreciate the art.

  10. #220
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Was that drawn specifically for that cover or was it taken from somewhere?
    Yes, from what I understand they were specifically created for the Visionaries

  11. #221
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You've lost me totally. Worthless? You make no sense at all. Collected hardcover editions are generally those comics that keep their value or increase.

    On release week, a $100 Omnibus can be purchased at the cheapest at $50 from Instocktrades, a week later, they're up to around $60. Once supply diminishes, prices start to skyrocket. Trade paperbacks are usually kept in print whereas not all Omnibuses go back to print. Some stay out of print for years or may never see print again. I encourage you to visit the Collected Editions threads to find out more.

    I agree that paperbacks are easier to read and you can take them with you. I personally am a fan and collector of hardbacks and prefer the oversized format in order to better appreciate the art.
    You don't get it !
    Indeed prince rices. But once they're back in print, your old omnibus is worth nothing anymore.
    Indeed some Omnibus don't go back to print for a long long time.
    But for a big title like Daredevil, all omnibus are bound to go back to print at some point.
    So if you buy the omnibus for investment, you're waisting your money.

  12. #222
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    DAREDEVIL by MARK CHILCOTT:




  13. #223
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    LOL,! It's the weird body positions combined with the bad anatomy that gets it for me. The proportions just seem way off.
    Understandable. His earlier work felt right:


    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-28-2020 at 10:56 PM.

  14. #224
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    LOL,! It's the weird body positions combined with the bad anatomy that gets it for me. The proportions just seem way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Understandable. His earlier work felt right:


    Absolutely. His Daredevil run was IMHO his peak. His team-up with Klaus Janson as inker is my favourite Daredevil art team.

  15. #225
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Absolutely. His Daredevil run was IMHO his peak. His team-up with Klaus Janson as inker is my favourite Daredevil art team.
    As Frontier the Moderator would say: "Can't argue with this!"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •