Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 758
  1. #601
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Daredevil head sketch by E.J. Su:


  2. #602
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Daredevil by Serg Acuña




  3. #603
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil by Serg Acuña



    Man these pics are frigging awesome. Serg Acuna DD is a beast.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  4. #604
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    DAREDEVIL headsketch by DECLAN SHALVEY:


  5. #605

    Default

    I finished DD season 2 and it holds up. The presence of the Hand makes the Elektra portions weaker but the Hand works when it embraces the horror genre. Granted I think Stick works better as the antagonist than Nobu- Matt and Elektra are paying for his failures as father/leader. I wished they explained the black sky better and tied it to the Beast from the comics.

    I'm also rereading the Zdarsky run and I'm enjoying it so far.

  6. #606
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I finished DD season 2 and it holds up. The presence of the Hand makes the Elektra portions weaker but the Hand works when it embraces the horror genre. Granted I think Stick works better as the antagonist than Nobu- Matt and Elektra are paying for his failures as father/leader. I wished they explained the black sky better and tied it to the Beast from the comics.

    I'm also rereading the Zdarsky run and I'm enjoying it so far.
    That was the what I had an issue with. I loved The Hand in Daredevil S2 as it felt like they were something more interesting than just “we have a big building”. Then The Defenders happened and they reduced The Hand to some silly thing. They really should have leaned into The Beast more and had it trapped in Sigourney Weaver’s character unable to get out. The hole they dug could have been to get the substance to get the Beast out of her before the host body died and it would take the Black Sky to get it out. And instead of having them return to their home (as their goal), the Hand should have been about taking over the city and burning it down to the ground.

    Even if they stuck with what they did, the Black Sky thing could have been explained more too. They could have even played up the whole thing of false idols and that Elektra came back but the whole aspect of “The Black Sky” was a thing put upon her and not an actual change of character.

  7. #607
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I finished DD season 2 and it holds up. The presence of the Hand makes the Elektra portions weaker but the Hand works when it embraces the horror genre. Granted I think Stick works better as the antagonist than Nobu- Matt and Elektra are paying for his failures as father/leader. I wished they explained the black sky better and tied it to the Beast from the comics.

    I'm also rereading the Zdarsky run and I'm enjoying it so far.
    I found DD S2 ok, and definitely the weaker of the three seasons. I actually hated what they did with Stick and in particular later in The Defenders. Totally out of character with the original character from the comics. I won't say anymore as to not betray what happens in The Defenders. If you haven't seen Iron Fist S1, I would recommend it if only to understand The Defenders better before watching the latter (I personally liked IF S1). You don't need to watch Jessica Jones or Luke Cage (IMHO, the worst oif the Netflix series) leading into The Defenders.

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That was the what I had an issue with. I loved The Hand in Daredevil S2 as it felt like they were something more interesting than just “we have a big building”. Then The Defenders happened and they reduced The Hand to some silly thing. They really should have leaned into The Beast more and had it trapped in Sigourney Weaver’s character unable to get out. The hole they dug could have been to get the substance to get the Beast out of her before the host body died and it would take the Black Sky to get it out. And instead of having them return to their home (as their goal), the Hand should have been about taking over the city and burning it down to the ground.

    Even if they stuck with what they did, the Black Sky thing could have been explained more too. They could have even played up the whole thing of false idols and that Elektra came back but the whole aspect of “The Black Sky” was a thing put upon her and not an actual change of character.
    I agree with both of you regarding the lack of depth towards Black Sky and diminishing the Hand. I also disliked how they handled Stick's relationship with The Chaste and Elektra. Elektra turned out pretty meh in The Defenders also. There were however some fun scenes where the four protagonists interacted and Daredevil definitely came out the coolest and best of the lot.

    Btw, Peter Shinkoda who played Nobu mentioned that there was a storyline that fleshed out Nobu but Jeph Loeb apparently axed it as he didn't think anyone would be interested.

  8. #608
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Btw, Peter Shinkoda who played Nobu mentioned that there was a storyline that fleshed out Nobu but Jeph Loeb apparently axed it as he didn't think anyone would be interested.
    This definitely explains the retooling of The Hand in The Defenders... Such a shame as Nobu was great in season 1 and 2. They also Dark Phoenix'ed Elektra in The Defenders, making her mute for a good chunk of the series. They should have had her firing on all cylinders. It was a missed opportunity!

  9. #609
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    This definitely explains the retooling of The Hand in The Defenders... Such a shame as Nobu was great in season 1 and 2. They also Dark Phoenix'ed Elektra in The Defenders, making her mute for a good chunk of the series. They should have had her firing on all cylinders. It was a missed opportunity!
    If they retooled the Hand because of Loeb I'm even more pissed.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  10. #610

    Default

    I bought volume 3 of the Zdarsky run.

    Don't worry, i already watched defenders when it came out so i know what happened.

    To me Iron fist season 1 is still the weakest. Its not as terrible as people claim. Its just a 7 out of 10 while the others were all 8 out of 10 at least. Danny was the biggest weakness and i get why people hated him. Half the time i was wishing DD would pop in and save this show.

    With the Hand i get loeb's reasoning. They worked more as a mystery than knowing the answer. Which begs the question should they have even been the villian in the Defenders in the first place?

    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-31-2020 at 11:27 AM.

  11. #611
    Spectacular Member macjr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    This definitely explains the retooling of The Hand in The Defenders... Such a shame as Nobu was great in season 1 and 2. They also Dark Phoenix'ed Elektra in The Defenders, making her mute for a good chunk of the series. They should have had her firing on all cylinders. It was a missed opportunity!
    Agreed, which is such a shame because I really liked Elodie Yung as Elektra and while she was certainly better than Jennifer Gardner they certainly didn't do her character any favors from a writing perspective.

  12. #612
    Spectacular Member macjr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought volume 3 of the Zdarsky run.

    Don't worry, i already watched defenders when it came out so i know what happened.

    To me Iron fist season 1 is still the weakest. Its not as terrible as people claim. Its just a 7 out of 10 while the others were all 8 out of 10 at least. Danny was the biggest weakness and i get why people hated him. Half the time i was wishing DD would pop in and save this show.

    With the Hand i get loeb's reasoning. They worked more as a mystery than knowing the answer. Which begs the question should they have even been the villian in the Defenders in the first place?

    Yeah they really dropped the ball with Danny and really made some weird decisions with his character which certainly didn't help with the other criticisms leveled at the show. To me what they should have done was introduce him in the Luke Cage series (much like they did with Luke in Jessica Jones) and really doubled down on their relationship as well as his relationship with Misty Knight. Instead it seemed like a bit of an afterthought with Luke and he had virtually zero relationship with Misty. Outside of the glowing fist, this is what defines Danny more than anything else. Danny's best appearance by far was in the episode in season 2 of Luke Cage and had we had that early on I think it would have helped significantly.

    As for the Defenders, no the Hand was in no way the right villain for the Defenders. Even in comics for Daredevil, the Hand is always treated as somewhat of a secondary villain. It effectively made Jessica and Luke meaningless to the story. The focus should have been on crime in the city with perhaps the Kingpin consolidating with the other crime bosses to take over as well as from a business side that engages Rand Corp. That would have united all the characters in a way that felt more natural and kept things grounded. Interestingly, that is kind of what Bendis was going for in the short lived Defenders series before he left for DC.
    Last edited by macjr33; 07-31-2020 at 12:02 PM.

  13. #613
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Yeah they really dropped the ball with Danny and really made some weird decisions with his character which certainly didn't help with the other criticisms leveled at the show. To me what they should have done was introduce him in the Luke Cage series (much like they did with Luke in Jessica Jones) and really doubled down on their relationship as well as his relationship with Misty Knight. Instead it seemed like a bit of an afterthought with Luke and he had virtually zero relationship with Misty. Outside of the glowing fist, this is what defines Danny more than anything else. Danny's best appearance by far was in the episode in season 2 of Luke Cage and had we had that early on I think it would have helped significantly.

    As for the Defenders, no the Hand was in no way the right villain for the Defenders. Even in comics for Daredevil, the Hand is always treated as somewhat of a secondary villain. It effectively made Jessica and Luke meaningless to the story. The focus should have been on crime in the city with perhaps the Kingpin consolidating with the other crime bosses to take over as well as from a business side that engages Rand Corp. That would have united all the characters in a way that felt more natural and kept things grounded. Interestingly, that is kind of what Bendis was going for in the short lived Defenders series before he left for DC.
    Honestly, I don't think The Hand was entirely the wrong choice for the series, but the way they handled it was just abysmal. They were trying to make them their HYDRA, but it just never really landed the same way (and to be honest, I had issues with how HYDRA was handled on the big screen, too). I mean, I really liked the way they were handled in DDS2, but they entirely dropped the ball on them in IF and the Defenders. They kinda just became this generic global crime syndicate with really lackluster motivations.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  14. #614
    Elektra Natchios vitaminbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    They leaned away from the horror/mystery aspect of The Hand. Once they showed up in Iron Fist, I realized they ruined the concept of it. They should have been treated more like a mysterious cult and they shouldn’t have brought Iron Fist in as some “destroyer of a gate”. He worked as someone coming in to fight them. It would have been more interesting having Sigourney Weaver as someone who seemed unconnected to the The Hand and that she was running for Mayor or something. Then have it be revealed that she’s the Beast trapped in the body of a dying body with the only way of getting out - via a release of the prophecy of the Black Sky (something that never seemed to be fully figured out, so it could have been switched up). Maybe to be transferred into Elektra’s body and destroying Manhattan. Basically do an adaption of Elektra Assassin, but a not so direct adaption if it.

    Maybe the whole ritual would only be final once Elektra killed the Beast’s host body and would then transfer over. Up until that point, it’d be like the influence of a cult,and how they can create false idols. It’s not like Nobu was drastically different after each resurrection, so why should Elektra? Show how one can be influenced and have her choose the right thing at the end.

  15. #615
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Daredevil by Paolo Rivera:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •