Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 777
  1. #631
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    MATT MURDOCK by MIKE NORTON:


  2. #632
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    6,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MATT MURDOCK by MIKE NORTON:

    That is really great work. Really liking his Matt.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  3. #633
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MATT MURDOCK by MIKE NORTON:

    Zac Efron as DD?

    Yesterday I recieved the Waid Omni vol 2 (with vol 1 arriving shortly), I gotta say, not The biggest fan of the artwork in this run.

  4. #634
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MATT MURDOCK by MIKE NORTON:

    LOL! Love the homage to Matt's shirt from Waid's run:

    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-05-2020 at 08:52 PM.

  5. #635
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Zac Efron as DD?

    Yesterday I recieved the Waid Omni vol 2 (with vol 1 arriving shortly), I gotta say, not The biggest fan of the artwork in this run.
    Yes, if this is your first meeting with art in the Waid run, it can be a bit jarring coming out of the Bendis, Brubaker and Diggle eras and being used to Garney (Soule) and Checchetto and Fornes (Zdarsky). I have to admit that I warmed to Paulo Rivera and Javier Rodriguez once I got used ro the style and appreciated the run was as heavy and dark as it gets and that the art was supposed to give it a "light-hearted" edge in line with Matt's new "superficial" outlook on life. However, I never took to Chris Samnee's interior art who became the main artist. Although, I have to admit he is a very good storyteller with Waid and a great cover artist.

  6. #636
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Lee Weeks (@Inkdropinc) Tweeted: "...endurance produces character, and character produces hope." --Paul, inspired https://twitter.com/Inkdropinc/statu...238346760?s=20


  7. #637
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, if this is your first meeting with art in the Waid run, it can be a bit jarring coming out of the Bendis, Brubaker and Diggle eras and being used to Garney (Soule) and Checchetto and Fornes (Zdarsky). I have to admit that I warmed to Paulo Rivera and Javier Rodriguez once I got used ro the style and appreciated the run was as heavy and dark as it gets and that the art was supposed to give it a "light-hearted" edge in line with Matt's new "superficial" outlook on life. However, I never took to Chris Samnee's interior art who became the main artist. Although, I have to admit he is a very good storyteller with Waid and a great cover artist.
    Yeah it's pretty different compared to how the book has looked in the past. I am sure I will learn to appreciate once I get around to it if it complements the writing as you say.
    Even so, I will always prefer "bad" art and Great writing compared to the opposite. Great art can't save a story that's horribly written.

    Also, it's been confirmed that the Zdarsky HC will indeed have the first 10 issues, and I think it comes out in march.
    Last edited by gohei_; 08-07-2020 at 12:17 AM.

  8. #638
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yeah it's pretty different compared to how the book has looked in the past. I am sure I will learn to appreciate once I get around to it if it complements the writing as you say.
    Even so, I will always prefer "bad" art and Great writing compared to the opposite. Great art can't save a story that's horribly written.

    Also, it's been confirmed that the Zdarsky HC will indeed have the first 10 issues, and I think it comes out in march.
    The first Waid run (#1-36) is very good, the second run (#1-18) which takes place in San Francisco not so much and us OK with a couple of good issues, in particular #6-7, an Original Sin crossover, which are IMHO pretty excellent.

    When you get to the Vol. 2 Omnibus, make sure you read #0.1 between the two runs i.e. between #36 and #1, and #1.5 at the very end of the second run for a better reading experience. I say this because for some reason, they are badly placed in the second volume and in accordance with print publication. This is very sloppy by the Collections editor. Daredevil #0.1 was originally a digital comic and appeared between the two runs where Matt and Kirsten travel to San Francisco. It was published several months later. Daredevil #1.50 was an anniversary comic and has a story set in the future by Waid and Rodriguez amongst others.

  9. #639
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The first Waid run (#1-36) is very good, the second run (#1-18) which takes place in San Francisco not so much and us OK with a couple of good issues, in particular #6-7, an Original Sin crossover, which are IMHO pretty excellent.

    When you get to the Vol. 2 Omnibus, make sure you read #0.1 between the two runs i.e. between #36 and #1, and #1.5 at the very end of the second run for a better reading experience. I say this because for some reason, they are badly placed in the second volume and in accordance with print publication. This is very sloppy by the Collections editor. Daredevil #0.1 was originally a digital comic and appeared between the two runs where Matt and Kirsten travel to San Francisco. It was published several months later. Daredevil #1.50 was an anniversary comic and has a story set in the future by Waid and Rodriguez amongst others.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

  10. #640
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    After MONTHS of not being able to get to my LCS, finally caught up on the Zdarsky run. Just read 19, 20, and 21. This series and the creative team continue to be absolutely stellar. Checchetto has been one of my favorites since his run on Punisher. He ups his game every single issue.

  11. #641

    Default

    Has Matthew ever been a law professor? I'm thinking of a superhero version of "how to get away with murder"....

  12. #642
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Daredevil by NmX St0cK1:


  13. #643
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Daredevil by John Boren:

  14. #644
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Daredevil by Juan Albarran:


  15. #645
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Daredevil by Matthew Dow Smith:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •