Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

From the previous page, that scene from Guardian Devil was eerily reminiscent to the McKenzie version (but I love both, nonetheless):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-31-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Made Corrections.

^ Did that confrontation end with Widow's feet firmly planted in Matt's face? Probably not but one can dream.

And how the hell did Matt get the drop on Beast, Hercules and Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    ^ Did that confrontation end with Widow's feet firmly planted in Matt's face? Probably not but one can dream.
    If it makes you feel any better, she gives him a face-full of her Widow's Bite:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And how the hell did Matt get the drop on Beast, Hercules and Captain America?
    The element of surprise...?

Spectacular Member

Just finished Guardian Devil. Not sure how I feel about how "Born Again"ish it feels at times, and there are some weird ideas mixed in. Overall I had a good time with it. Gonna order the David Mack trades before I jump into Bendis' stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That sums it up about right. I think there are some really good moments in the story, but there's a lot of excess (both in writing and art) that could have been toned down. That being said, it was a relaunch done well that gave the book a big breath of life.
    Yeah. Joe Q did his thing on art, but there's so many damn word balloons all over the place. That's the real fat that could've been trimmed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Yeah. Joe Q did his thing on art, but there's so many damn word balloons all over the place. That's the real fat that could've been trimmed imo.
    Yeah nothing is more exhausting than flipping the page and seeing panels absolutely COVERED in word balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah nothing is more exhausting than flipping the page and seeing panels absolutely COVERED in word balloons.
    !? Exhausting ?! You should never open a novel then ! Or maybe you should go read some mangas !

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    !? Exhausting ?! You should never open a novel then ! Or maybe you should go read some mangas !
    Big difference in reading a novel and a comic. I love reading novels. When I open one, I know each page is going to be filled with words. Because it's a novel. When I turn the page of a comic and see a splash page that could have been absolutely beautiful but instead covered in word balloons with chatter that doesn't necessarily coincide with the artwork and just stalls the story, yes it's exhausting to get through.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah, I do think Matt is on the leaner side... It helps with his acrobatics to be built that way. Love how Marquez drew him in Defenders as well.

David Marquez definitely drew a pretty good Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That sums it up about right. I think there are some really good moments in the story, but there's a lot of excess (both in writing and art) that could have been toned down. That being said, it was a relaunch done well that gave the book a big breath of life.
    I agree, definitely OTT on certain issues. But yeah, Daredevil was back in the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Completely understandable. At least for me, I thought the scene between DD & Nat might have been a bit excessive:

Absolutely agree, I always thought it went a little too far.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]From the previous page, that scene from Guardian Devil was eerily reminiscent to the McKenzie version (but I love both, nonetheless):

]
    Well spotted. Good comparison, and in both we find Daredevil unhinged and Natasha on the receiving end. They've been through a lot and have often helped each other out. I do like it when they appear together.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Just finished Guardian Devil. Not sure how I feel about how "Born Again"ish it feels at times, and there are some weird ideas mixed in. Overall I had a good time with it. Gonna order the David Mack trades before I jump into Bendis' stuff.

Yeah I can certainly agree with your take on Guardian Devil. While I can see it's importance given the time period it came out, I don't hold it with the same regard I do with the stuff Miller, Bendis, Brubaker, Waid and now Zdarsky have done. However, I will give Smith credit for one thing, the Matt/Karen flashback where they talk about having a child and she tells him to never stop being Daredevil because he makes her feel safe is one of the most beautiful interactions between them and heartbreaking considering her death.

Also, it's great that you are picking up the David Mack stuff, which I feel is very underrated. Parts of a Hole is a fun story and Echo is such a wonderful character I think you will enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well spotted. Good comparison, and in both we find Daredevil unhinged and Natasha on the receiving end. They've been through a lot and have often helped each other out. I do like it when they appear together.
    Thanks, and I totally agree with you about Nat & Matt when they're together.

It was nice that there was some sort of reconciliation between them towards the end of Guardian Devil

Sounds like Zdarksy is in for the long haul. Also, some hints about upcoming issues

The interview isn't on newsarama yet?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

DAREDEVIL from War of the Realms Strikeforce: The Land of Giants #1. Pencils by Jorge Molina & inks by Adriano Di Benedetto

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

DD has been nominated for a couple of Eisners.

Goddess!!! I can't wait for next week.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-05-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    DD has been nominated for a couple of Eisners.

Goddess!!! I can't wait for next week.
    Eisner Nominees:

Best Continuing Series - DAREDEVIL by Zdarsky & Checchetto

Best Writer - Chip Zdarsky

Best Cover Artist - Julian Totino Tedesco

Best Lettering - Clayton Cowles