Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: LAST RITES TPB
    Volume #15 in the Daredevil Epic Collections
    Written by ANN NOCENTI, D.G. CHICHESTER, GREGORY WRIGHT & ERIC FEIN
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, LEE WEEKS, GREG CAPULLO, KIERON DWYER, RON GARNEY & MORE
    Cover by LEE WEEKS
    The fall of the Kingpin! An amnesiac Matt Murdock is Daredevil no more — so who’s swinging around town in the red suit? And why is he committing vicious crimes with pinpoint accuracy? Matt thinks he’s the boxer Jack Murdock — but can he battle his way back to becoming the Man Without Fear once more? Meanwhile, the Kingpin sets his sights on building a media empire! But a reborn Daredevil is determined to administer the last rites to Wilson’s reign of terror, and he won’t let anyone stand in his way — even the lethal Typhoid Mary! With Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra all involved, will Daredevil finally bring down his archenemy once and for all? Plus: Captain America! Taskmaster! Tombstone! Baron Strucker! The Punisher! The Hand! And Ghost Rider! Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #283-300 and ANNUAL #7.
    504 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 09-07-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Daredevil & Elektra vs The Hand commission by Giovanni P. Timpano:

I asked this is last year's appreciation thread, but it was closed a day or so later. Can anyone tell me when Chip's run takes place in continuity with War of the Realms? DD hasn't been running around in his costume since before Chip took over the book, but he played a fairly big role in WotR. Any ideas?

Also, Bullseye's new costume in the latest issue was awful.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They're difficult to fit together. Likewise, Black Panther is difficult to fit with Aaron's Avengers. I don't have any good solution but I don't know enough about Thor's continuity to see if we can put WOTR before the current run or after, etc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I asked this is last year's appreciation thread, but it was closed a day or so later. Can anyone tell me when Chip's run takes place in continuity with War of the Realms? DD hasn't been running around in his costume since before Chip took over the book, but he played a fairly big role in WotR. Any ideas?

Also, Bullseye's new costume in the latest issue was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    They're difficult to fit together. Likewise, Black Panther is difficult to fit with Aaron's Avengers. I don't have any good solution but I don't know enough about Thor's continuity to see if we can put WOTR before the current run or after, etc.
    As Mike wrote, it's extremely difficult to place Daredevil's participation in the War of the Realms within his regular run. Although, the WotR comics were issued during the beginning of Chip Zdarsky's run, it doesn't take place then as Matt was going through a personal crisis and not in any fighting shape as he had just come out of hospital after very severe injuries.

Personally I would best place the War of the Realms event during Charles Soule's run just before Daredevil #606 when he got back after his "Hunt for Wolverine" episode.in Weapon Lost. It is jarring but I just can't see it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone read the recent issue Daredevil #18?
    As usual in this run, very solid issue. Looks like things are going to pick up next issue too

Daredevil by Jason Copland:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone read the recent issue Daredevil #18?
    Just read yesterday. Love the direction that Zdarsky is taking Cole in.

Well damn. What a great issue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    That is one of those..."why didn't he make a phone call" situations to me. I get it is Daredevil's cook...but he knows people. One call and he can have 1/2 a dozen other masks down there helping out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is one of those..."why didn't he make a phone call" situations to me. I get it is Daredevil's cook...but he knows people. One call and he can have 1/2 a dozen other masks down there helping out.
    For the sake of argument only: But this is the same guy that Spider-Man tracked down and banished from the hero community. Matt is on hero lock down, and has been told that he if he continues to operate the heroes will treat him as a villain and shut him down. Sure the kitchen is on fire, but Matt is dressed in a mask and fighting again. Maybe he's just a little bit worried that his friends won't necessarily be on his team after things settle down.

I'm honestly curious to see if Zdarsky addresses this once Matt is back in the horns. Even if just to say that winning this fight without lethal force proves he's ready to get back out there and not be considered persona non grata in the hero community. But it should really be a bigger deal than that. That scene with Spidey was just too important to the run to ignore it. Matt (or rather DD, since his identity is back in the bottle to some extent) isn't trusted anymore by the other street level heroes. There needs to be a payoff to that where Matt has to earn it back, or face some kind of consequence for putting the mask back on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    For the sake of argument only: But this is the same guy that Spider-Man tracked down and banished from the hero community. Matt is on hero lock down, and has been told that he if he continues to operate the heroes will treat him as a villain and shut him down. Sure the kitchen is on fire, but Matt is dressed in a mask and fighting again. Maybe he's just a little bit worried that his friends won't necessarily be on his team after things settle down.

I'm honestly curious to see if Zdarsky addresses this once Matt is back in the horns. Even if just to say that winning this fight without lethal force proves he's ready to get back out there and not be considered persona non grata in the hero community. But it should really be a bigger deal than that. That scene with Spidey was just too important to the run to ignore it. Matt (or rather DD, since his identity is back in the bottle to some extent) isn't trusted anymore by the other street level heroes. There needs to be a payoff to that where Matt has to earn it back, or face some kind of consequence for putting the mask back on.
    Valid points...but for the sake of argument...Does he inspire trust in trying to do it all himself...or by calling in friends and saying "craps about to get ral...need help."

Extraordinary Member

Valid points...but for the sake of argument...Does he inspire trust in trying to do it all himself...or by calling in friends and saying "craps about to get ral...need help."
    Thing is, he's not doing it all by himself. Both Cole and Elektra have done their fair share of heavy lifting when it's come to the Owl, the Stromyns (sp?) and Hell's Kitchen. As stated during Bendis' run, Hell's Kitchen's best bet in being saved has always been to save themselves. Matt's a part of the community and now Cole and the non-dirty cops who are following his leads are as well. Matt and the cops of Hell's Kitchen are handling his own business the same way Spidey's handling his, as well as Cap, Hawkeye, etc., are handling theirs. If they have to turn to the other heroes whenever they're the slighest bit inconvenienced, then Matt (not to mention every other hero out there) should hang up the costume for good.

And tbh, I've never liked it when this book has been overcrowded with guest stars. DD has always been at his best when he's been somewhat removed from the Marvel U as a whole. Sure there are exceptions, but if I'm interested in seeing a DD team-up, I'll go rewatch the Defenders or read the Bendis book of the same name.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

When did that happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Co-signed.

My God, this run...it's so good.

I never buy the "why didn't they just call in other heroes?" line of thinking.

Every problem every hero faces in every book could be solved just by calling in a bunch of other heroes.

That wouldn't make for very interesting stories, though.

You just have to accept that, even though this is a shared universe that, for the sake of telling stories that are about the protagonists struggling against the odds, that help can't always be just a call or text message away. In the case of this particular issue, you could make the argument that things are happening too fast to call for back-up, and that who knows what other heroes are dealing with themselves at the moment anyhow.

Everybody can't just be at DD's beck and call in case sh*t is going down in the Kitchen. They tend to have their own problems as well.

Anyhow, loved this issue. Can't wait to see what happens in Part 2.