Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Daredevil 22 Checchetto awesomenessity
    Daredevil 22-cov.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #22
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • FRANCESCO MOBILI (A) • Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    LIVING VAMPIRE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “TRUTH/DARE” CONTINUES!
    • Still grappling with the blood on his hands, Matt Murdock makes one of the biggest choices of his life.
    • But what effect will Matt’s choices have on DAREDEVIL? And what about the people who need him?
    • See why people are talking about DAREDEVIL as one of Marvel’s best ongoing series!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    After recently purchasing the Daredevil Bendis Vol. 1 Omnibus and the Marvel Masterworks Daredevil Vol. 14 HC, here's what my current Daredevil Collected Editions looks like. I'm now waiting on the upcoming Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 14: Last Rites TPB. Here's also hoping for Omnibus editions of Charles Soule's run.

Those Masterworks look really sweet. That second picture looks a lot like my shelf, with all the different sizes and formats.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Those Masterworks look really sweet. That second picture looks a lot like my shelf, with all the different sizes and formats.
    Question does anyone knows why their isn't any Dennis O'Neil or Ann Nocenti Omnibus ??

Thanks gohei_. As you're aware, my collection is set out chronologically with the exception of the alternate Daredevil/universe trades which I've placed at the end (End of Days, Noir, Ultimate). I also have a TPB called Powerless which focuses around an alternate Matt Murdock (not a particularly nice guy), Peter Parker and Logan in an alternate universe/timeline.

You should post a pic of your collection. It'll be cool to see

Incredible Member

Thanks gohei_. As you're aware, my collection is set out chronologically with the exception of the alternate Daredevil/universe trades which I've placed at the end (End of Days, Noir, Ultimate). I also have a TPB called Powerless which focuses around an alternate Matt Murdock (not a particularly nice guy), Peter Parker and Logan in an alternate universe/timeline.

You should post a pic of your collection. It'll be cool to see
    Yeah I do the same, that feels the most logically.

Funny, I've never heard of this before, but it sounds pretty interesting.

Incredible Member

IMAG1109.jpg

This is my DD section. It might be hard to see but to the far left is Man Without Fear and to the far right is the Shadowland hardcover.
    When I started collecting the Essentials were the first ones I got and I wasn't aware of the fact that they were in black and white. Someday in the future I might upgrade to the corresponding Epic books. There is also a couple of single issues in there that I got from eBay.

I was planning on getting a few books this month but considering the state of the world right now I've decided to wait a while.

IMAG1109.jpg

This is my DD section. It might be hard to see but to the far left is Man Without Fear and to the far right is the Shadowland hardcover.
    When I started collecting the Essentials were the first ones I got and I wasn't aware of the fact that they were in black and white. Someday in the future I might upgrade to the corresponding Epic books. There is also a couple of single issues in there that I got from eBay.

I was planning on getting a few books this month but considering the state of the world right now I've decided to wait a while.
    Very nice collection gohei! I also started off with trade paperbacks (TPB) but I got the Omnibus/OHC itch and started to upgrade everything. I need to sell off all the Shadowland & Reborn TPBs & HCs, the 5 Waid OHCs and some Brubaker, Bendis and Miller HCs and TPBs. All my Daredevil single issues are put away in longboxes. I also have the Yellow Gray Blue OHC with the Daredevil, Hulk and Spidey stories by Loeb & Sale.

Yeah I do the same, that feels the most logically.

Funny, I've never heard of this before, but it sounds pretty interesting.
    POWERLESS TPB
    Collects Powerless (2004) #1-6. Written by MATT CHERNISS and PETER JOHNSON. Art by MICHAEL GAYDOS. Cover by ALEX MALEEV. What makes a hero? Is it his actions, or is it the results of those actions? POWERLESS explores what it means to be a hero in very human terms. By re-imagining Marvel's most popular characters without superhuman powers, this story strips down to the core heroes we have all come to know and love. These characters ? including Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, and Logan ? were fated to be heroes. Just because Peter Parker wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider doesn't mean he didn't do battle with a madman named Norman Osborn. Matt Murdock? Blinded, yes ? but with no heightened senses. However, he did become a legal champion of the poor in Hell's Kitchen, and he did cross paths with Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin. And Logan is, of course, the enigmatic ? and amnesiac ? drifter on the run from his past. Softcover, 144 pages, full color. Cover price $14.99.

Incredible Member

Very nice collection gohei! I also started off with trade paperbacks (TPB) but I got the Omnibus/OHC itch and started to upgrade everything. I need to sell off all the Shadowland & Reborn TPBs & HCs, the 5 Waid OHCs and some Brubaker, Bendis and Miller HCs and TPBs. All my Daredevil single issues are put away in longboxes. I also have the Yellow Gray Blue OHC with the Daredevil, Hulk and Spidey stories by Loeb & Sale.
    I see. I can see why you prefer HC over paperback (I do too) as long as it's not too big. The Brubaker omnis are perfekt in size if you ask me.
    The Waid run was actually what I was planning on getting (Omnibus 1 and 2). Would you say there is a big difference between the omnis and those 5 HCs?

Incredible Member

POWERLESS TPB
    Collects Powerless (2004) #1-6. Written by MATT CHERNISS and PETER JOHNSON. Art by MICHAEL GAYDOS. Cover by ALEX MALEEV. What makes a hero? Is it his actions, or is it the results of those actions? POWERLESS explores what it means to be a hero in very human terms. By re-imagining Marvel's most popular characters without superhuman powers, this story strips down to the core heroes we have all come to know and love. These characters ? including Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, and Logan ? were fated to be heroes. Just because Peter Parker wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider doesn't mean he didn't do battle with a madman named Norman Osborn. Matt Murdock? Blinded, yes ? but with no heightened senses. However, he did become a legal champion of the poor in Hell's Kitchen, and he did cross paths with Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin. And Logan is, of course, the enigmatic ? and amnesiac ? drifter on the run from his past. Softcover, 144 pages, full color. Cover price $14.99.

I think I am gonna pick up the first issue on Comixology and see if I like it.

I see. I can see why you prefer HC over paperback (I do too) as long as it's not too big. The Brubaker omnis are perfekt in size if you ask me.
    The Waid run was actually what I was planning on getting (Omnibus 1 and 2). Would you say there is a big difference between the omnis and those 5 HCs?
    I did a comparison between the Waid OHCs and Omnibuses at one point and they have exactly the same content with the exception of maybe one extra Variant cover included in the OHCs IIRC. They both also have IMO the erroneous placing of issues #0.1 and #1.5. Daredevil #0.1 should be placed exactly between the two Waid runs as it has Matt and Kirsten travelling from NY to SF and Daredevil #1.50 should be placed at the very end as it consists of What If future stories of Daredevil. Instead of placing them chronologically, they've placed them in publishing order.

I think I am gonna pick up the first issue on Comixology and see if I like it.
    I'm not a big fan of the story but I have it due to wanting all of Daredevil in collected editions.

Incredible Member

I did a comparison between the Waid OHCs and Omnibuses at one point and they have exactly the same content with the exception of maybe one extra Variant cover included in the OHCs IIRC. They both also have IMO the erroneous placing of issues #0.1 and #1.5. Daredevil #0.1 should be placed exactly between the two Waid runs as it has Matt and Kirsten travelling from NY to SF and Daredevil #1.50 should be placed at the very end as it consists of What If future stories of Daredevil. Instead of placing them chronologically, they've placed them in publishing order.
    I see. What (if any) difference is there to the pages themselves (quality of the paper, colors etc.)? I imagine the dimensions are different.