Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Charlie Cox Thinks Marvel Studios Will Recast Daredevil and Co.:

https://www.cbr.com/charlie-cox-marv...ast-daredevil/
    I get that a recast would totally disconnect the Netflix univers and the Disney univers.
    But casting wise, they will never find better actors for Matt Murdock, Kingpin or Punisher !

There are many orther heroes Marvel/Disney could use and introduce instead (X-Men, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Nova, FF, Sentry, Squirrel Girl, Captain Britain, Namor, ...)
    Like that they could continue the DD tv show with the awated season 4 !

I don't see what Marvel/Disney is trying to do.
    People want a season 4.
    People don't want a recast.
    The actors want to continue.
    Audiance were great.
    Critics were really positive.
    But Marve!/Disney wants something but they don't know what !??

Netflix DD isnt something they did and fully integrated in the MCU. Recast and they have complete control.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why can't they use the same cast, under new MCU exclusive contracts? (I know it's more than likely not as simplistic as just re-signing the actors but...it should be.) They can still have full control with (re)newed contracts. Especially if the Netflix contracts are expired as they are no longer producing a DD series.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-06-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Disney doesn't care about quality in Star Wars movies and compared to SW Marvel/Netflix fandom is probably even less relevant. Its a company run by numbers not people. A company which has used Blackwater/Academi. I wish the web wouldn't provide me with such information. The actors were great and hopefully everybody involved with DD/Punisher/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage will land on their feet.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 05-06-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why can't they use the same cast, under new MCU exclusive contracts? (I know it's more than likely not as simplistic as just re-signing the actors but...it should be.) They can still have full control with (re)newed contracts. Especially if the Netflix contracts are expired as they are no longer producing a DD series.
    I love the Netflix cast and would love to see them together again. Just to play devil's advocate though... there is baggage that comes with this cast, having been in 3 seasons + Defenders + 2 seasons of Punisher (Karen). If the writers didn't come along for the ride, if plot threads weren't carried over, etc... it could be a little confusing to genpop.

Lets celebrate the greatness that is...

Moebius

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL Commission by JUAN SAMO:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I love the Netflix cast and would love to see them together again. Just to play devil's advocate though... there is baggage that comes with this cast, having been in 3 seasons + Defenders + 2 seasons of Punisher (Karen). If the writers didn't come along for the ride, if plot threads weren't carried over, etc... it could be a little confusing to genpop.
    I think the interesting question is whether J. Jonah Jameson's cameo in FFH was intended as just a cameo or if he'll have a significant role in the third movie. If he has a significant role, reuse of another actor shouldn't be that confusing (especially as a guest appearance where they can be agnostic on whether it shares continuity with the Netflix show). Hell, with the blip, they don't really have to care about the Netflix show. They can just say a bunch of time has past and things are now different.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I get that a recast would totally disconnect the Netflix univers and the Disney univers.
    But casting wise, they will never find better actors for Matt Murdock, Kingpin or Punisher !

There are many orther heroes Marvel/Disney could use and introduce instead (X-Men, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Nova, FF, Sentry, Squirrel Girl, Captain Britain, Namor, ...)
    Like that they could continue the DD tv show with the awated season 4 !

I don't see what Marvel/Disney is trying to do.
    People want a season 4.
    People don't want a recast.
    The actors want to continue.
    Audiance were great.
    Critics were really positive.
    But Marve!/Disney wants something but they don't know what !??
    This! Not that Disney has any problems with money, but there is a quality behind the current DD brand. Why piss it away?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think the interesting question is whether J. Jonah Jameson's cameo in FFH was intended as just a cameo or if he'll have a significant role in the third movie. If he has a significant role, reuse of another actor shouldn't be that confusing (especially as a guest appearance where they can be agnostic on whether it shares continuity with the Netflix show). Hell, with the blip, they don't really have to care about the Netflix show. They can just say a bunch of time has past and things are now different.
    That;s a good point. If it was just an easter egg, then whatever. But you'd think JJJ would be a more prominent character at some point and they would just throw that in there for a one off if that was the case.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Jameson certainly should have a reasonably prominent role. But the whole Peter Parker works for him thing has been stripped with the ending of the last movie, so his role would certainly have to be different.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Jameson certainly should have a reasonably prominent role. But the whole Peter Parker works for him thing has been stripped with the ending of the last movie, so his role would certainly have to be different.
    Well they haven't really been setting him up to be a photographer/journalist anyway. Hmmmm what if goes to work for Reed Richards, when he is inevitably introduced?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

DAREDEVIL painting by DAVID MACK:

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would Genpop be discerning enough to care whether or not it's the same writers? I don't know.
    That level of interest and concern is usually relegated to the fandom who loved the show, loved the actors, loved the writing...genpop generally only cares if it gets rave reviews or if it's entertaining. And the fact that it's the same actors, same show (just under a different production company) would/should alleviate the deep confusion.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-08-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

"1970s" DAREDEVIL sculpture by PAUL HARDING: