Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    By the way, are any of you guys picking up the trades for this as they come out?
    Personally I would love to get this in physical format but I am secretly waiting and hoping for an eventual smaller hardcovers, like with the Waid run.
    I'm buying floppies, only.
    I only by trades of backstories that I missed and/or interested in reading.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm hoping for an oversized hardcover/Omnibus format.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I’m picking up the trades because I love this run. But I will definitely upgrade if Marvel gives us a OHC or omnibus.
    Considering how great this run is turning out to be I hope they will put out lots of options for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Same but with larger paperbacks.. complete collection styles.
    Oh yeah, the Ultimate Collections, or even the Epic ones are the perfect size if you ask me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm buying floppies, only.
    I only by trades of backstories that I missed and/or interested in reading.
    I do the same with the trades, considering I started buying pretty late in the game and there are so much old material to go through.

We don't really have comic book shops in my country, but if I did I would most likely buy floppies and maybe switch them out for the trades when they come out.

About the last issue, now that's something. This continues to just be super awesome. A question though spoilers:
    How did Mary end up at the church, and how did both Matt and Fisk know about her?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I do the same with the trades, considering I started buying pretty late in the game and there are so much old material to go through.

We don't really have comic book shops in my country, but if I did I would most likely buy floppies and maybe switch them out for the trades when they come out.

About the last issue, now that's something. This continues to just be super awesome. A question though spoilers:
    How did Mary end up at the church, and how did both Matt and Fisk know about her?
    end of spoilers
    Now that is the question. I think it will be revealed in the next issue.
    spoilers:
    It would seem that one of them put her there, but it's not clear. The look on Bullseye's face was unforgettable. Matt truly kicked butt. Great how Cole didn't listen to Fisk and stood by Matt.
    end of spoilers

A very good issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Now that is the question. I think it will be revealed in the next issue.
    spoilers:
    It would seem that one of them put her there, but it's not clear. The look on Bullseye's face was unforgettable. Matt truly kicked butt. Great how Cole didn't listen to Fisk and stood by Matt.
    end of spoilers

A very good issue.
    Oh okay. I thought it might have been something from a previous run, so I thought I might ask.

Amazing Member

I remember that she wore that cloth at the end of Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelJean View Post
    I remember that she wore that cloth at the end of Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist.
    Yes, you're right. I forgot about Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist. The ending of that issue does explain how she got where she is but spoilers:
    I wasn't aware that Matt or Fisk knew
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Holy **** what an issue.
    Yea it was - I mean, most of it is stuff we've seen before, but man they did it well. Terrific art, fantastic dramatic climax to the run so far. I really love the idea that, as despicable as Fisk is, he's still someone who will head down onto the street and start punching out bad guys to protect the city. The whole Mayor Fisk thing obviously has been inspired by #45 but it's lazy to treat it as a 1:1 comparison, and scenes like this do a nice job of adding some nuance. Fisk is still a giant turd but he's not JUST a giant turd.
    Cheers - CL

Holy Typhoid Mary Mother of God!!!
    This issue was beyond absolute perfection!!!
    I'm DYING!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

I honestly haven't missed comics, during the pandemic shutdown. I'm actually surprised how easily it seemed they went out of sight, out of mind.

Except for one.

Man is it good to have DD back. And what an issue to return on. Some great action beats. I was really impressed how well they captured Matt's character here, with the touches they've been working towards since the first issue. This is a Matt who kind of falls into the violence too easily. Who lets it distract him, and drag him down. But who, when he keeps his mind right, is capable of absolutely beating down anybody who gets in his way. I really like this take on Matt. Using his head as much as his fists in the fight. Focused on his goals, and doing what needs doing, even if it's messy and involves punching people in the face.

After everything in this run so far, putting Matt back into the mask kind of felt like an ending. So I was quite curious where we might go from here. Needless to say, the ending opens some interesting doors. It creates some problems, but I'll have faith that Zdarsky has thought them through enough to have answers that won't feel tacked on. (The biggest one being, how is Matt's ID not right back out in the open now?) This is shaping up to be another absolutely classic run on the character. How does Marvel keep striking gold with Daredevil so often, when so many other characters (I'm looking at you Tony Stark) can't seem to get a good run for a decade at a time? Part of me wonders if it's that writers who take up this book are always doing so as a passion project. Because they all seem to bring their A games to the title.

Oh yeah, the Ultimate Collections, or even the Epic ones are the perfect size if you ask me.
    Especially for Daredevil, where runs are lengthy and so organized. Easy to collect in any format. Grateful.

Can't wait to get my hands on the latest issue. Hearing really great things.

I've re-read this issue so many times already since I got it yesterday...It's SO Jood!!!

Fantastic Member

My eyes bugged out more than once reading this. This is a masterful, masterful run and one of the all-time bests.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Alex Maleev

https://www.cbr.com/comic-industry-mourns-denny-oneil/

Sad to hear about the death of Denny O'Neill. He wrote one of my favourite Daredevil runs.