Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 646
  1. #526
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    I agree that Mark Millar actually did a good job with Elektra (to an extent...the Hand)

  2. #527

    Default

    I finished volume 1 of Brubaker/Lark's run. Its a good set of issues running from 82-93

  3. #528
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I finished volume 1 of Brubaker/Lark's run. Its a good set of issues running from 82-93
    One of the runs that make me wish I could go back in time and read it again for the 1st time and I hope you look into other Brubaker stuff after DD.

  4. #529
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I finished volume 1 of Brubaker/Lark's run. Its a good set of issues running from 82-93
    I hope you read the previous issues of the Marvel Knight era (Smith, Quesada, Mack, Bendis, ...).

  5. #530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    One of the runs that make me wish I could go back in time and read it again for the 1st time and I hope you look into other Brubaker stuff after DD.
    Cool. I read some of Brubaker's cap, his creator owned stuff (Criminal, Kill or be killed) and Sleeper from Wildstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I hope you read the previous issues of the Marvel Knight era (Smith, Quesada, Mack, Bendis, ...).
    I read some Bendis.

  6. #531
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cool. I read some of Brubaker's cap, his creator owned stuff (Criminal, Kill or be killed) and Sleeper from Wildstorm.

    I read some Bendis.
    Brubaker's run is the continuation of Bendis' excellent story ! By reading Brubaker's run, you spoiled yourself.

  7. #532
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I hope you look into other Brubaker stuff after DD.
    Highly recommend Brubaker's Winter Soldier, where DD makes an appearance:


  8. #533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Brubaker's run is the continuation of Bendis' excellent story ! By reading Brubaker's run, you spoiled yourself.
    I already read Waid, Soule and Zdarsky so already spoiled .

  9. #534
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I already read Waid, Soule and Zdarsky so already spoiled .
    Not really at all. Bendi and Brubaker really continue each other's storyline. And theire somewhat of a realaunch at the end of the Marvel Knights era.
    But I guess it's too late for you.

  10. #535
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    Daredevil mini-drawing fundraiser for the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank by Dave Wachter:


  11. #536
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    167

    Default

    That Bont arc was scary for Matt. I love those flashback moments with the yellow costume, specifically how the art felt comicbook-y within a comic? If that makes sense lol.

    On to Decalogue Part 1

  12. #537
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Finished reading Bendis' run, and the first 81 issues of theMk era.

    This is a series I didn't want to end. I love how "cinematic" it felt. Before I read it I saw someone describe it like an a HBO series, and it really reads like that. Loved all of it. I hope Brubaker keeps the flame going.

  13. #538
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Finished reading Bendis' run, and the first 81 issues of theMk era.

    This is a series I didn't want to end. I love how "cinematic" it felt. Before I read it I saw someone describe it like an a HBO series, and it really reads like that. Loved all of it. I hope Brubaker keeps the flame going.
    One of my 2 favourite ever Punisher moments happens during that (Bru's DD) run

  14. #539
    Mighty Member jb681131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Finished reading Bendis' run, and the first 81 issues of theMk era.

    This is a series I didn't want to end. I love how "cinematic" it felt. Before I read it I saw someone describe it like an a HBO series, and it really reads like that. Loved all of it. I hope Brubaker keeps the flame going.
    In my opinion, Brubaker keeps the flame, but it's a little under what Bendis did.

  15. #540
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Finished reading Bendis' run, and the first 81 issues of theMk era.

    This is a series I didn't want to end. I love how "cinematic" it felt. Before I read it I saw someone describe it like an a HBO series, and it really reads like that. Loved all of it. I hope Brubaker keeps the flame going.
    This is a feeling one hardly gets in comics these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •