Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Joe Quesada & Rey Acevedo:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Badass Daredevil moments??

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    From the current run, he tells Frank that while he may be a demon, Matt is the devil... and proceeds to show that he's a better marksman and it's not even close.

I LOVE the verbal sparring moments like this. In my opinion, usually better than any physical feats.

What is your favourite “Daredevil catches a weapon Bullseye has thrown in such a badass way?”
    Daredevil #172

Daredevil #7

Definitely Daredevil #20 in the current Zdarsky run where he takes on Bullseye, Crossbones, Bullet and Rhino all at once. Sublime.

Some other issues come to mind, in particular where he quickly dispenses of Bullseye:

Spectacular Member

I can't find a screenshot, but there's an issue where Daredevil focuses his senses to isolate a single cough in the area. I always thought that was badass.

Daredevil commission by Jeffrey Alan Love:

PUNISHER vs DAREDEVIL watercolor commission by ENRICO MARINI:

I finished rewatching Defenders and thought it was pretty good. The character bits holdup the most for me as Matt steals the show. I actually wouldn't mind a Matt/Luke teamup or a Matt versus Luke storyline in the future. I just felt like their dynamic surpised me the most in Defenders.

I almost finished Daredevil season 3 and it holds up. I rather they don't recast/reboot for the Disney+ show but im ok if they do. Season 3 is a good place to end the Netflix Daredevil run to me.

For those of you hoping to see Zdarsky's Daredevil in hardcover, a Vol. 1 oversized hardcover is on its way. This will probably consist of the first 10 issues. I will probably wait out for an eventual Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you hoping to see Zdarsky's Daredevil in hardcover, a Vol. 1 oversized hardcover is on its way. This will probably consist of the first 10 issues. I will probably wait out for an eventual Omnibus.
    I just saw this and it's a pleasant suprise, I will for sure get it as soon as it comes out.
    Regarding latest issue, just awesome like the rest of it has been. Whenever a new issue drops it's one of the highlights of the day.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I have a chronology question if people are in the mood to think about it. I recently re-read Bendis's Defenders. I'm trying to find a good way to fit everything with Daredevil as well. Neither Bendis nor Soule were great at paying attention to the continuity of others, so things get difficult. I was thinking of 1-6 happening prior to the Supreme arc. Even though 6 is the start of a new arc, there seems to be a bit more of a gap after it before 7. Issue 10 references Fisk being mayor.

So here's my tentative thoughts. I could make 7-10 after the Mayor Fisk story or I could do 7-9, the arc with DD in the Hand's put, Mayor Fisk, and then 10. Does anyone see any obvious flaws with either idea?

Additionally, where would people put War of the Realms? My thought is either push it way early (back after the Mayor Murdock arc) or way later (basically right now after he puts the suit back on). Thoughts?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think the main culprit is Bendis regarding continuity. Soule had his run, and Bendis went and did his own thing (as he does) with The Defenders without consulting Soule. I read both runs interweaving in between each other. It's difficult to slot The Defenders in but I would best put the whole thing in between Daredevil #28 and Daredevil #595 in order to retain some kind of sanity. There are inconsistencies but that's how Bendis rolls. I think your propositions are fine also.

The War of the Realms is much more difficult. It can't occur between Soule's and Zdarsky's run because Matt was "incapacitated".I would place it after Daredevil #605 and before The Hunt for Wolverine mini-series and Daredevil #606. Not ideal but I don't really see a much better option. The problem with it occurring now during Zdarsky's run after he put the costume on is that the costume has only now happened and we don't know what comes next, War of the Realms has been and gone and we're in the middle of another major event "Empyre".

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've leaned towards putting it before. As far as I can tell, Zdarsky's run is very connectivity-light, though, so we don't have any real comparisons with other books to see if things fit in poorly. I think we've seen Spider-Man, but that's about it and I don't think there's anything that ties Spidey to a specific timeframe.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?