Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I think the main culprit is Bendis regarding continuity. Soule had his run, and Bendis went and did his own thing (as he does) with The Defenders without consulting Soule. I read both runs interweaving in between each other. It's difficult to slot The Defenders in but I would best put the whole thing in between Daredevil #28 and Daredevil #595 in order to retain some kind of sanity. There are inconsistencies but that's how Bendis rolls. I think your propositions are fine also.
    Actually, a follow-up here. I remembered thinking that some of Defenders could take place during the Mayor Murdock storyline and I just remembered why. Diamondback appears in Daredevil 598, which suggests that Defenders 7 onward takes place after. I think the best solution (I'll edit this post if I'm wrong) would be to put the end of the series during the brief time Matt was mayor. Let me know what everyone thinks.

ETA: In Daredevil 600, Iron Fist refers to Matt Murdock and Daredevil as separate people. So he the reveal hadn't happened yet or he knew but didn't want to let others know and played along. I'm thinking the best way to do it would be Defenders 1-6, Secret Empire, Supreme, Land of the Blind, Defenders 7-8, Mayor Fisk (with allowances for overlap between Defenders 7 and Daredevil 595), Mayor Murdock, Defenders 9-10, Infinity Countdown: Daredevil, Hunt for Wolverine, War of the Realms, Death of Daredevil.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 08-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I picked up DD #21 on a whim and I'm glad I did. Zdarsky, Chechetto and co. are doing a fabulous job on this series. I've picked up a few back issues and hope to get the collected volumes.

Makes me mad at myself for sleeping on this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I picked up DD #21 on a whim and I'm glad I did. Zdarsky, Chechetto and co. are doing a fabulous job on this series. I've picked up a few back issues and hope to get the collected volumes.

this run is already at legendary status for me. marvel is absolutely stupid if they don't hand him the keys to spidey whenever spencer leaves. just like his matt, his pete is a breath of fresh air. best both characters have been written in years

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Me and my brother have a deal. That whichever one of us is getting the least amount of books on their pull list. That one has to get Daredevil. So we are always supporting Matt.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    this run is already at legendary status for me. marvel is absolutely stupid if they don't hand him the keys to spidey whenever spencer leaves. just like his matt, his pete is a breath of fresh air. best both characters have been written in years
    Zdarsky is one of my favorite writers in comics today and I would love for him to have a crack at ASM. With that being said, his Peter Parker series was a big miss for me, which is odd because I have loved everything he's done.

In regards to Matt: One of the reasons Daredevil is my favorite Marvel hero is because of the consistently great writers that he has had. Even the weaker runs that he has had, I could appreciate where the story was going.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Batman V Daredevil by Brett Booth:

Daredevil sketch by Matthew Magnus:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Me and my brother have a deal. That whichever one of us is getting the least amount of books on their pull list. That one has to get Daredevil. So we are always supporting Matt.
    That's great, I don't have any comic collecting friends/relatives nearby to do something like this with. The closest is my nephew who's about 900 miles away.

My brother is into gaming.

Daredevil Yellow by Jordan Gibson:

Daredevil by Klaus Janson:

Daredevil by Shawn Crystal:

Charles Soule : "Gorgeous Daredevil by my friend Yanick Paquette! A tiny bit warped in transport, but nothing a good frame won’t fix. A welcome addition to my growing Daredevil wall!"

Daredevil by Michael Avon Oeming:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil by Michael Avon Oeming:

I dig his art. Really cool DD.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

KEN KNUDTSEN:
    "Reverse process of one of 90s ARMORED DAREDEVIL! This is for every, and I mean every every, time someone said “damn your eyes no” when I asked if I could draw this in a DD sketchbook":