Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Daredevil #162 Jan 1980
    "Requiem for a Pug!"
    After absorbing a large amount of radiation while stopping a malfunctioning meson reactor,
    Daredevil passes out and comes to with amnesia. He doesn't know who he is, but quickly realizes
    his special powers and instinctively uses them to fight some criminals while in his street clothes,

drawing the attention of a crooked boxing promoter, Mr.Hyle, who takes him in to turn him
    into a prizefighter. When he refuses to throw a fight and his trainer takes a bullet for it,

DD regains his memories and takes out Hyle, his goons, and his pet leopard.

Script by Michael Fleisher. Art by Steve Ditko

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Creative DAREDEVIL covers by MARCOS MARTIN:

Some more from Marcos Martin (if variant covers aren't a bother, of course):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-19-2020 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Daredevil had two issues in the Diamond Top 300 Best Selling Comics of 2019:

148. Daredevil #1 - 67,303 est. units
    267. Daredevil #3 - 51,268 est. units

Also one collected edition in the Diamond Top 200 Trades of 2019:

162. Daredevil By Chip Zdarsky Vol. 1 Know Fear TPB - 3,416 est. units

DAREDEVIL by DOUG HILLS:

A couple of discarded cover sketches for DAREDEVIL #19 by J. TOTINO TEDESCO:

BANNED

Avengers #191 Jan 1980
    "Back to the Stone Age!" Part 2 of 2. Guest-starring Daredevil.
    Iron Man and Daredevil have been transformed into stone statues by the Grey Gargoyle.

The Avengers battle the villain but he defeats them and leaves.

At Avengers Mansion, Jarvis is dismayed to see Redwing the Falcon’s pet at a window, anxiously pecking to get out.
    Jarvis opens the window and the bird bolts off like a rocket.

Back at the site of the battle, the Avengers rouse one by one.
    They discover that Iron-Man hasn’t actually been transformed into stone, just his armor, although he’s imprisoned within it now.
    Iron Man who’s battled the Gargoyle before is aware that the transformation only lasts an hour.

He informs the team that he saw Falcon take off in pursuit of the Gargoyle and suggests they search for him.

The Falcon pursues the Gargoyle across Manhattan rooftops back to his former penthouse apartment,
    which is now occupied by a woman named Margo Neil after he was believed to have abandoned it.
    Intending to augment his powers, he opens up a secret compartment - only to
    discover that Margo has thrown away his formulas and now uses it as a liquor cabinet.
    Enraged, he is about to attack her when the Falcon intervenes.

The Falcon isn’t a match for the Gargoyle’s strength.
    Redwing arrives and his master tells him to find the Avengers but the Gargoyle turns him to stone before he can fly away.
    The Falcon continues battling the Gargoyle, hoping to cause enough of a ruckus to attract the team’s notice.
    The Avengers then show up in time and the Scarlet Witch uses her hex power to turn the Gargoyle back into flesh and blood.
    Margo, who’s been crouching in the corner, is dismayed to see her home has been trashed.

Returning to the court after Iron Man and Daredevil have reverted to normal, the Senate committee rules in favor of the Avengers,
    citing that this recent encounter has reminded them that the Avengers can combat menaces ordinary law enforcement cannot.
    A visibly disgruntled Gyrich is forced to greatly loosen his restrictions on the Avengers.
    Gyrich snidely asks Iron-Man if the team will once again expand their roster, but Iron-Man
    admits that they likely would have trimmed their active membership down to what it is now anyway.

Unfortunately, the good news for the Avengers is bad news for the Vision. With Gyrich’s strictures loosened,
    the Scarlet Witch is now free to take her previously requested leave of absence.

Plot by Roger Stern. Script by David Michelinie. Art by John Byrne (breakdowns) and Dan Green (finishes).

10 Reasons Why Marvel's Daredevil Is A Must-Watch Series:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...-mcu-best/amp/

DAREDEVIL & ELEKTRA by GAVIN SMITH:

DAREDEVIL commission by DALE McCORMASK:

Two Daredevil comics made the Top 100 Comics of the 2010s complied by Brian Cronin and voted by us:

87. Daredevil by Charles Soule

8. Mark Waid's Daredevil

I voted for both of these and also Lee Week's Daredevil: Dark Nights #1-3 which criminally didn't chart.

https://www.cbr.com/tag/top-100-comics-of-the-2010s/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Two Daredevil comics made the Top 100 Comics of the 2010s complied by Brian Cronin and voted by us:

87. Daredevil by Charles Soule

8. Mark Waid's Daredevil

I voted for both of these and also Lee Week's Daredevil: Dark Nights #1-3 which criminally didn't chart.

https://www.cbr.com/tag/top-100-comics-of-the-2010s/
    Awesome! I voted for Waid's run, as well. My first time voting, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! I voted for Waid's run, as well. My first time voting, actually.
    Waid's run is innovative and clever. Some criticised it as being too light but it isn't, it's quite dark most of the time with heavy real life themes. The art, on the other hand, by Paolo Rivera, Marcos Martin, Javier Rodriguez and Chris Samnee gives it that light-hearted look.

I recommend you also read Charles Soule's run. I found it extremely good throughout with the exception of the ending which IMHO seemed off and quite rushed. I do know that Soule had another story/arc to tell and that's why those last 5 or so issues just didn't seem to exactly click for me. It still remains one of my favourite Daredevil runs.

Daredevil single issue sales for December 2019:

57. Daredevil #14 - 31,701
    62. Daredevil #15 - 30,322

with a couple of reentries:

342. Marvel Knights 20th #1 - 2,992
    486. Daredevil #3 – 768

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Waid's run is innovative and clever. Some criticised it as being too light but it isn't, it's quite dark most of the time with heavy real life themes. The art, on the other hand, by Paolo Rivera, Marcos Martin, Javier Rodriguez and Chris Samnee gives it that light-hearted look.

I recommend you also read Charles Soule's run. I found it extremely good throughout with the exception of the ending which IMHO seemed off and quite rushed. I do know that Soule had another story/arc to tell and that's why those last 5 or so issues just didn't seem to exactly click for me. It still remains one of my favourite Daredevil runs.
    As someone whose favorite run is the Bendis run I loved Waid's run. For me it's Bendis, Miller & Waid. The context of when it came out is important too in that we just had the awful Shadowland arc and I thought what Waid did was a much needed palette cleanser of sorts for the character and a bit of a throwback series. Maleev is also my favorite DD artist yet I also loved Samnee's art.

I also agree that I never got how people say that it was too light hearted. It had some pretty dark moments in particular with Foggy and Maggie. The arc with Maggie and the explanation of her backstory was so heartbreaking and wonderfully executed by Waid as it clearly demonstrates his talents as a writer. Also loved how he depicted Matt & Foggy's relationship. I guess if people wanted to argue that the book became a bit more traditionally "comic booky" in its stories and not so much a crime hardened noir book I could see that being an issue; however, the quality of writing was just so good.