Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Man Without Fear by Louie Joyce:

Incredible Member

Oh man, that middle one I could definitely see hanging on my Wall. Really Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Oh man, that middle one I could definitely see hanging on my Wall. Really Nice.
    Yes, very very cool.

Sketch book piece of Daredevil by Paul Hill:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What would people think if Foggy was to “come out” as gay?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, very very cool.
    Has it been posted here before? Either that or it just really resembles another piece of art because it looks familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Has it been posted here before? Either that or it just really resembles another piece of art because it looks familiar.
    I'm not sure. Louie Joyce posted in on his Twitter 11 September:

https://t.co/H1STQNRqOa

Latest piece for @Galleries1988 Idiot Box Exhibition by Royalston Design:

Daredevil Comic cover art sample by Guillermo Prestegui:

Daredevil sketch cover blank by Tim Shinn:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Questions for the news-followers and editions connoisseurs
    Do you think their will ever be colllected editions of the O'Neil run and Nocenti run, like there is for Miller ?
    I think they'll just get collected as part of the Epic Collection format. Most of Nocenti's run already is (or soon will be). It collects everything, so it'll collect any fill-ins. There were a lot of fill-in stories during O'Neil's run, so those would get collected too, but it'll likely all be there.

Do you know if their will ever be a softcover omnibus/ultimate edition for Mark Waids run like there has been for Bendis, Miller and Brubaker ?
    I don't think anyone knows. I have to imagine they would because it's such a popular run, but who knows. I certainly would like to see it (even though I shouldn't double dip, I likely will). No idea about Soule or Zdarsky. I liked Soule's run, but Zdarsky's run has been great and I would suggest is more likely to get a bigger collection first.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    No strong feelings on the subject as long as they make clear that Foggy and Matt's relationship has always been platonic. I don't want hints of the idea that he became friends with Matt because he wanted to date him. It undercuts their friendship that can be as close and intimate as it is without being sexual. It's also a cheap copout to make a gay character do something because of a secret crush.

Regarding the issue (just read it a week late), everyone has talked about the Iron Man cameo, but very few have talked about the appearance at the end. I think that's going to be interesting and I'm looking forward to her involvement once again. I've always been partial to Becky Blake but Kirsten McDuffie makes more sense in the context we're in these days.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The question is why would we want this? An LGBT character does not have to be the star/costar of every comic. Btw, Waid used a couple of gay characters in his run. I would rather Foggy stayed as he was. He had a crush on Karen Page and fell in love with other females as well as having girlfriends and marrying Debbie Harris. It would just seem a very jarring retcon of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Regarding the issue (just read it a week late), everyone has talked about the Iron Man cameo, but very few have talked about the appearance at the end. I think that's going to be interesting and I'm looking forward to her involvement once again. I've always been partial to Becky Blake but Kirsten McDuffie makes more sense in the context we're in these days.
    A few of us did mention Kirsten but we kept it hidden between spoilers.

No strong feelings on the subject as long as they make clear that Foggy and Matt's relationship has always been platonic. I don't want hints of the idea that he became friends with Matt because he wanted to date him. It undercuts their friendship that can be as close and intimate as it is without being sexual. It's also a cheap copout to make a gay character do something because of a secret crush.
    This pretty much sums up my opinion as well. I am all for more diverse characters and if they wanted to go that direction with Foggy that's cool with me as long as, to Mike's point, his and Matt's relationship is platonic.

I am beyond excited that Kirsten is back in the book. While I certainly appreciated that they didn't kill her character off to get her out of the book, I thought the reasoning for her exit was weak and lacked closure. The whole idea of Matt wiping her memories to protect her, while I understand Soule's reasoning for it, never really made sense to me as the idea had already been addressed to a degree within Waid's run. Her appearance in the Man without Fear series also fell flat for me as well. Given everything that Zdarksy has done up to this point, I am excited to see where this goes as at some point Matt has to reveal to her who he is again and that should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I am beyond excited that Kirsten is back in the book. While I certainly appreciated that they didn't kill her character off to get her out of the book, I thought the reasoning for her exit was weak and lacked closure. The whole idea of Matt wiping her memories to protect her, while I understand Soule's reasoning for it, never really made sense to me as the idea had already been addressed to a degree within Waid's run. Her appearance in the Man without Fear series also fell flat for me as well. Given everything that Zdarksy has done up to this point, I am excited to see where this goes as at some point Matt has to reveal to her who he is again and that should be interesting to see how it plays out.
    THIS! You hit the nail pretty much on the head.

Daredevil sketch by Jack C. Gregory: