Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BLACK WIDOW #4 variant cover by Marco Checchetto:

Daredevil by Raul Fernandez:

Daredevil head sketch by Declan Shalvey:

Daredevil sketch by Alex Maleev:

Daredevil is coming to Fortnite for anyone in here who's into that thing lol

It is cool to see, though, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Daredevil is coming to Fortnite for anyone in here who's into that thing lol

It is cool to see, though, of course.

Early DD conversation going on here if anyone would like to chime in : https://community.cbr.com/showthread...e-Frank-Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BLACK WIDOW #4 variant cover by Marco Checchetto:

I know it's not DD's book, but man I am constantly amazed by Checchetto's work

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I know it's not DD's book, but man I am constantly amazed by Checchetto's work
    Always a treat when that relationship is acknowledged too

Spectacular Member

I may have missed a thread or chain of discussion on this topic in this thread but what do people think of Zdarsky making Daredevil "guilty" of killing the guy at the beginning of the run? Did you buy the slight retcon that all the street heroes have done it before? Do you think this fact, and the mother absolving Matt of the guilt, is enough for the readers to forgive him?

Who has Matt killed before? He has tried, technically, with Bullyeye a few times. And there was that woman he kicked out a window but she became Typhoid Mary right? Is that still canon?

Anyway, where do people stand on this plot point of Chip's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I may have missed a thread or chain of discussion on this topic in this thread but what do people think of Zdarsky making Daredevil "guilty" of killing the guy at the beginning of the run? Did you buy the slight retcon that all the street heroes have done it before? Do you think this fact, and the mother absolving Matt of the guilt, is enough for the readers to forgive him?

Who has Matt killed before? He has tried, technically, with Bullyeye a few times. And there was that woman he kicked out a window but she became Typhoid Mary right? Is that still canon?

Its a bell you can't unring but i liked it. Having Matt kill a "mook" rather than a "Big Bad" is an interesting choice. If he killed Kingpin or Bullseye, we might pat him on the back. A "mook" just offers more ambiguity to me.

The retcon is easy to believe and works for the street level heroes. I don't need to forgive Matt, Matt has to figure it out for himself. I guess we'll have to judge it when Zdarsky ends his run but for right now i thought it worked.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Matt has killed before when he had absolutely no choice. I think each time (with the exception of Bullseye, unless he was mind-controlled at the time), it was legally justified. The question here is that he was reckless from what he's normally able to do.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Always a treat when that relationship is acknowledged too
    Yeah, it's kinda funny that both Matt and Mat are going thru an identity crisis at the same time.

The two biggest heroes(who try not to kill as a rule) that come to mind who have killed either unintentionally or as a last resort are Cap and Iron Man.

Personally, I love it. In my opinion it was the only way to keep doing "dark" DD stories. I've always felt that Soule's run was a gimmick to promote the Netflix series after Waid's great and considerably brighter run on the character. Matt accidentally killing a criminal whilst trying to do the right thing is interesting. The fact that Zdarsky has used the aftermath of that action as his focus for his run makes it even more interesting. If he sticks the landing, it'll be a great character piece.

Overall, I've liked this run so far, mainly for that main focus I've mentioned. I think some of the dialogue has come across as clunky, and I haven't been a massive fan of the Stromwyns as villains so far. But that could change. I'm enjoying the book for what it is, but I don't think it's on the level of Bendis or Waid for me yet.

Art wise, the constant rotation of artists is a bit aggravating, and I don't know if I think of Checchetto as a DD artist, but it's got some great stuff in there.