Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1113

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like it a lot but David Mack needs to either find new photo reference or try a little more.
    Lol he does need to mix it up. Its actually a piece he did as a commission earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Lol he does need to mix it up. Its actually a piece he did as a commission earlier this year.
    Oh yeah. It’s just weird to have the same pose on two covers that come out around the same time. Even if he’s using the same photo, he could switch some things up a little...but I know it’s how Mack works. Frustrating. The commission person did make out pretty well though!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Oh yeah. It’s just weird to have the same pose on two covers that come out around the same time. Even if he’s using the same photo, he could switch some things up a little...but I know it’s how Mack works. Frustrating. The commission person did make out pretty well though!
    He's a more painterly Greg Land!

Thanks for the callouts, I didn't even think about the Echo piece when I saw the Elektra cover! Agreed he probably should switch them up a bit; however, I still love the Elektra cover (and the Echo one too for that matter)

There really isn't anything that bugs me more than artists that do that. Or have a habit of doing it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Mel Ford:

ETERNALS #1 in January will have a variant cover by Takashi Okazaki featuring Daredevil:

Is anyone a bit surprised by prices that #25 is going for? Prices for the regular issue are going for over $50 on Ebay right now. I mean I understand it's a big reveal; however, as we've discussed, it not going to be permanent. Compared to Elektra's death in #181 (which Miller wanted to be permanent) or the outcomes from #5 (Vol.2) these were shocking events with more permanent effects on continuity yet these issues go for a lot less.

I don't follow Thor at all; however, was there a similar level of interest when Jane Foster became Thor (trying to think of something similar to compare this to)

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Is anyone a bit surprised by prices that #25 is going for? Prices for the regular issue are going for over $50 on Ebay right now. I mean I understand it's a big reveal; however, as we've discussed, it not going to be permanent. Compared to Elektra's death in #181 (which Miller wanted to be permanent) or the outcomes from #5 (Vol.2) these were shocking events with more permanent effects on continuity yet these issues go for a lot less.

I don't follow Thor at all; however, was there a similar level of interest when Jane Foster became Thor (trying to think of something similar to compare this to)
    I'm pretty sure the Jane Foster Thor issues and even the Sam Wilson Captain America reveal shot up for a little bit. Cap #25 isn't at DD #25 prices anymore but it's in the mid-$teens

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Jane Foster Thor issues and even the Sam Wilson Captain America reveal shot up for a little bit. Cap #25 isn't at DD #25 prices anymore but it's in the mid-$teens
    Yes and no with regarding being surprised. I definitely don't think the high prices are justified. We all know that Elektra will stop being Daredevil at some point and it's not on the scale of Thor Jane Foster. On the other hand, this is kind of normal with regarding the speculator market. In time, those prices will fall. It will still be an issue worth more than the regular issue but will not command such a high price. It seems to be a regular process - a panic at first as the hype hits the fan and the issue sells out and then the price falls and stabilises. I remember those first several issues of All-New X-Men when the original 5 were brought to the present by Beast. They were going for pretty high prices, now they're back at moreorless regular price. The extra 2nd Printing Variants with Elektra on the cover will also feed the sales.

I wouldn't put him in the same category as Land. Land traces/copies the work/photos of others, Mack copies his own work.

Daredevil Yellow by Matt Taylor:

Daredevil brush & ink by David Mack:

Daredevil Triptych #SaveDaredevil commission by Rico Jr Crea:

Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ch...arvel-studios/