Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1113

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ch...arvel-studios/
    LETS GO! Cox is to DD what RDJ was to Iron Man, hyped he'll continue in the MCU.
    Last edited by Séb; 12-09-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil Triptych #SaveDaredevil commission by Rico Jr Crea:

Easy right click and save.

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    LETS GO! Cox is to DD what RDJ was to Iron Man, hyped he'll continue in the MCU.
    Never watched the Netflix show...But I heard nothing but good things about Cox. He seems like a good dude and I'm happy for him.

Astonishing Member

I hope so. Cox is perfect in the part.

Not quite. RDJ was RDJ when he played Iron Man, easy acting. Cox was just incredible and mind bloying as DD. He's not blind but when he acts you can't tell he isnt. And the choregraphies during his fight scenes are just insane. He's a way better actor than RDJ. Far from it.

The only trouble with the MCU are the tone of the movies compared to the DD show.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Charlie Cox is back as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ch...arvel-studios/
    This is such great news. All of us deep down in our hearts were hoping for this. Should we nadvertently and partly thank the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse for this in that it showed how the Multiverse was a surefire hit? Also, I'm sure "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" will expand on this. The appearance of J.K.Simmons (J.J.Jameson from the Tobey Maguire Spidey movies) at the end of the last Spidey movie got everyone speculating. I hear that Maguire and Andrew Garfield are also appearing. It would be so good to see Nicholas Hammond from the Amazing Spider-Man TV series also appear in the new Spidey movie. I grew up on that series along with Bixby's/Ferrigno's Incredible Hulk.

It will be great to see Daredevil get the cinematic experience he deserves but leaving the grittiness intact. He's s better fighter than Black Panther and Black Widow (I'm using them as they have been displayed as superior fighters in the MCU). I truly hope they do him justice.

Are any of you hoping to see any of the other Netflix heroes in the MCU? My personal hope is Iron Fist and also Collen Wing, Misty Knight and possibly the Punisher. Maybe they can also give us a better Stick. Scott Glenn was great, I just hated how they wrote him and quite far from the comicbook character (Stick would never kill any of the Chaste or his own).

Charlie Cox being back as Daredevil is the best news. I hope to God it's true and not just a rumor and I truly do believe Spider-Man 3 is a great way to introduce him into the MCU, practically immediately. Give everyone a taste of him and then the possibilities for standalone movies and Disney+ shows between him and all the other street characters are fun to think about. But Cox's Daredevil deserves to be showcased on the big screen and I really hope he gets that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This is such great news. All of us deep down in our hearts were hoping for this. Should we nadvertently and partly thank the success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse for this in that it showed how the Multiverse was a surefire hit? Also, I'm sure "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" will expand on this. The appearance of J.K.Simmons (J.J.Jameson from the Tobey Maguire Spidey movies) at the end of the last Spidey movie got everyone speculating. I hear that Maguire and Andrew Garfield are also appearing. It would be so good to see Nicholas Hammond from the Amazing Spider-Man TV series also appear in the new Spidey movie. I grew up on that series along with Bixby's/Ferrigno's Incredible Hulk.

It will be great to see Daredevil get the cinematic experience he deserves but leaving the grittiness intact. He's s better fighter than Black Panther and Black Widow (I'm using them as they have been displayed as superior fighters in the MCU). I truly hope they do him justice.

Are any of you hoping to see any of the other Netflix heroes in the MCU? My personal hope is Iron Fist and also Collen Wing, Misty Knight and possibly the Punisher. Maybe they can also give us a better Stick. Scott Glenn was great, I just hated how they wrote him and quite far from the comicbook character (Stick would never kill any of the Chaste or his own).
    I'm really happy for Murdock fans on these CBR forums like yourself. I have a vague familiarity with Daredevil, and not because I read him regularly in the comic books. I found out about him in Christopher Golden's Daredevil NOVEL: Predator's Smile. I really enjoyed it. I didn't watch the Netflix shows because I'm not a fan of "grim and dark" comic book movies/shows. But I heard Cox did a great job. I think the Netflix characters are MOSTLY now owned completely by Marvel Studios. From what I read though, the Punisher and Jessica Jones will not be able to be used by Disney until Netflix's holds on those two characters expire. I believe the expiry date for those two is February 18, 2021. Probably not enough time for them to show up in the third Spider-Man movie. Not sure about Nicholas Hammond coming back though. I think his Spider-Man is older than ME!

So I’ve been following this reading order: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...ing-order/amp/ and decided to go back to read the first 11 issues of the original Lee Daredevil. Well I mostly skimmed them since the repetitiveness kinda wore on me after a while. The early stuff is pretty wild in comparison to what came next, the original “superhero” Daredevil feels straight up like another character in contrast to what Miller turned him into. I was shocked to see how much of the early DD mythos still gets used though: Owl, Purple Man, Stilt Man, the Animal guys who show up in the early Miller stuff, they’re all here although definitely not characterized the same as they would be. Also Daredevil getting his iconic red costume to fight Namor is definitely not how I imagined the origin of that costume lol.

Overall the early Daredevil stuff has the seeds of what will later blossom, but I can’t say I loved it. Some of the stuff feels lame, like the Matador, and the love triangle between Matt, Karen, and Foggy got somewhat ridiculous after a while. “Oh Matt if only you weren’t blind you could see the love in my eyes” and “Oh Karen my devil red heart burns for you! But I cannot tell you that because you love Foggy! Is the Man Without Fear... a coward? Woe is me!”. Still the contrast between Karen as she debuted and what happened to her by the time of Born Again definitely hits a lot harder now that I’ve seen what Karen was like at her “peak” and how she fell so hard.

I think I’m going to skip the Battling Jack Murdock mini unless it’s really amazing, I’ve seen DD’s origin retold so many time now that I’m ready to move on. Going to start Kevin Smith’s run next.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.

After the last few issues, Current Daredevil is right up there with Immortal Hulk, Current X-Men, Current Batman, and Current Venom as one of my 2020 favorites, great stuff.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So I’ve been following this reading order: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...ing-order/amp/ and decided to go back to read the first 11 issues of the original Lee Daredevil. Well I mostly skimmed them since the repetitiveness kinda wore on me after a while. The early stuff is pretty wild in comparison to what came next, the original “superhero” Daredevil feels straight up like another character in contrast to what Miller turned him into. I was shocked to see how much of the early DD mythos still gets used though: Owl, Purple Man, Stilt Man, the Animal guys who show up in the early Miller stuff, they’re all here although definitely not characterized the same as they would be. Also Daredevil getting his iconic red costume to fight Namor is definitely not how I imagined the origin of that costume lol.

Overall the early Daredevil stuff has the seeds of what will later blossom, but I can’t say I loved it. Some of the stuff feels lame, like the Matador, and the love triangle between Matt, Karen, and Foggy got somewhat ridiculous after a while. “Oh Matt if only you weren’t blind you could see the love in my eyes” and “Oh Karen my devil red heart burns for you! But I cannot tell you that because you love Foggy! Is the Man Without Fear... a coward? Woe is me!”. Still the contrast between Karen as she debuted and what happened to her by the time of Born Again definitely hits a lot harder now that I’ve seen what Karen was like at her “peak” and how she fell so hard.

I think I’m going to skip the Battling Jack Murdock mini unless it’s really amazing, I’ve seen DD’s origin retold so many time now that I’m ready to move on. Going to start Kevin Smith’s run next.
    That's a pretty good solid reading order. I've used that site in the past. The only qualms I have with their reading order is the War of the Realms event. They put it just before the Zdarsky run when Matt was kind of out of action. I would probably put it before the last Charles Soule arc or when Matt gets back in red in Zdarsky's run.

I'm glad you read those first 11 issues. That's what Silver Age comics are like, they are what they are. As a Daredevil fan, I enjoyed them, knowing they could get quite laborious. As I wrote earlier, those first issues give you a foundation/background on how Daredevil's "world" came about. I think it's a great quality of writers bringing back "old" characters and making them readable and interesting.

Battlin' Jack Murdock isn't bad but not amazing. If you ever get chance to read some of the Denny O'Neill run that followed Miller's run, I would read it. One of my favourites. However, coming off of Miller's run, he had massive shoes to fill and people unfairly expected the same or better. Also, the Daredevil: Widow's Kiss Epic Collection TPB is pretty good. This covers the last issues before the the Kevin Smith run, mainly written by Joe Kelly.

When you start off with Miller, Bendis and/or Brubaker, other runs can pale on comparison and get unfairly put down. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your reading experience.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've thought the same thing with War of the Realms. I don't know enough about the other books to figure out if it causes complexities, but Daredevil has been pretty removed from continuity until King in Black, so I'm guessing it'll work out fine if you say that War of the Realms takes place just before Death of Daredevil.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Feige said said that "because she works in superhero legal cases, you never know who's going to show up week to week" in the She-Hulk series.

Hm.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 12-15-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Feige said said that "because she works in superhero legal cases, you never know who's going to show up week to week" in the She-Hulk series.

Hm.
    Still kind of hoping for Spider-Man 3, but I get it. He could also be referring to any number of random street villains from Marvel. Which would add to the humor he's describing the show as.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I can't see any scenario where he is back for Spider-Man 3 where he isn't brought back for She-Hulk too.