Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
Ulysses' visions in Civil War II were being held up by Carol as completely, 100% accurate predictions of the future. With the Clairvoyant, it's acknowledged from the get-go that there are always going to be variations in the Multiverse that'll prevent 100% accuracy in its predictions. It can score a very high percentage of likelihood or probability, but it'll never be 100% accurate or certain.
Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
Kind of. It seems like the main difference is that Ulysses in CWII was supposedly "looking into the future" so most of the predictions were based on what WERE going to happen. Whereas for the Clairvoyant device, they make a point in saying that it shows you something that COULD happen, like the building catching fire, the experiments breaking out, etc. so Peter is able to go ahead and check on them beforehand. It isn't a super distinct comparison, but I think the main difference will be how he handles a bigger or more complicated problem since that's when most of the CWII Ulysses issues really came from.

In the last issue, we did see that Peter was able to use the device to view multiple different timelines to see what the results of his actions would be before he did them, so that is a fairly big difference than what happened in CWII, but I'm not sure if that was only a special case because of Lyla, or that always happens whenever he uses it.
Hmm, okay. I think I see the distinction. Need to brush up on my CWII. .

In any case, going to be interesting to see how Pete handles this. Helped him make more me time with MJ which is cool. I'm already starting to see how it could cause problems with Kindred.