Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And will issue 50 be Spencer's last issue? I mean if it is he would go out with a bang I suppose but if it isn't then would we really see the culmination of the Kindred character in issue 50?
    Issue 50 will not be Spencer's last issue. He's got a long way to go on ASM. I mean, he practically just started. What is this now, his second year on ASM? He's got - at minimum - a five year plan for the book, I'm sure. The Kindred reveal will be a big milestone, yes, but it's not going to be the conclusion of his run by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Issue 50 will not be Spencer's last issue. He's got a long way to go on ASM. I mean, he practically just started. What is this now, his second year on ASM? He's got - at minimum - a five year plan for the book, I'm sure. The Kindred reveal will be a big milestone, yes, but it's not going to be the conclusion of his run by any means.
    We probably shouldn't take it for granted he'll be on the book for 125 issues, but I do agree there's no reason to worry that he's planning to leave any time soon.

The guy likes working on Spider-Man, and from what we've seen Marvel should be happy with the results (sales are decent, he's prolific on the book so he's making Marvel even more money, there's no hint of any behind the scenes problems.) There also doesn't seem to be an obvious next book for him when he's done with Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    We probably shouldn't take it for granted he'll be on the book for 125 issues, but I do agree there's no reason to worry that he's planning to leave any time soon.
    No, not when he had this to say early on when talking to CBR:

"There’s a long term plan in place on this book, maybe the most detailed one I’ve ever put forward-- and we’re building to what I truly believe will be one of the biggest Spidey stories of all time."

So...even though he's bit at it awhile now, I think we're actually still in the ramping up stage for Spencer's run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, not when he had this to say early on when talking to CBR:

"There’s a long term plan in place on this book, maybe the most detailed one I’ve ever put forward-- and we’re building to what I truly believe will be one of the biggest Spidey stories of all time."

So...even though he's bit at it awhile now, I think we're actually still in the ramping up stage for Spencer's run.
    Has there ever been a writer that said they weren’t in for the long haul and didn’t have big plans for a title? LOL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Has there ever been a writer that said they weren’t in for the long haul and didn’t have big plans for a title? LOL!
    True, writers sometimes talk about long terms plans that don't always prove to work out but in this case, we're talking about a title where, more than in others, Marvel wants and plans for stability. Flagship titles aren't where you often see wild, unexpected changes. And with Spencer we're talking about a writer with a proven record of sticking with runs. He's not going to flake out and jump ship. If sales were bad, that might prompt Marvel to change horses in midstream but in this case, sales are very good so there's no reason to expect Spencer won't see his plans through. All signs point to a long run ahead for Spencer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Bear in mind that since BND, ASM has been published twice a month at the very least (originally thrice a month), so that means that before a writer who worked on ASM for 2 years would do 24 issues, now they do 24 issues per year. So even a short run by Spencer in terms of say, 4-5 years which is on the shorter side on the whole would still net him near 100 issues, which is about the same amount of issues that Michelinie and JMS got around to in 7 years.

So the meaning of a 'short run' has changed.

In the case of Spider-Man, until David Michelinie (who wrote for 7 years), the trend was shorter runs on Spider-Man. Conway, Wein Wolfman, Stern, Defalco, all of them < 40 issues between 3-4 years on average. And of the lot, only Defalco was outright fired (so we can assume that he had longer plans). Stern quit because of issues with Danny Fingeroth but otherwise didn't really want to stay on the title for long. Michelinie was the first writer to have a really long run, and after him you had the Clone Saga and Post-Clone Saga which was a revolving door of writers with Defalco and Mackie and DeMatteis writing stuff but not extensively and not entirely per their will. Then JMS came and had a long run, followed by BND followed by Slott.

If I have to endure 5 years of Spencer-Man and not Morning Glories, Kindred can take me now.

Anyway, I knew this would be a good issue as soon as I read "It's robbin' time!", but it was surpisingly exceptional even as it jumped around. Jonah was kino, as always. Sin-Eater smells like more nostalgia whoring, though. Concerned. Also, why is Peter ignoring best girl?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    True, but I moreso mean his biggest sin that he would've forgotten, because if there's one thing we know for an absolute fact, is he obviously hasn't forgotten about that.
    It could also be killing all of the symbiotes on earth that one time, but that’s acceptable genocide.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It could also be killing all of the symbiotes on earth that one time, but that’s acceptable genocide.
    You mean back in the Planet of the Symbiotes arc from the 90s while he was also in the midst of the Clone Saga?
    The spider is always on the hunt.