Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Peter doing something interesting with his own life in his own book for the first time in 37 issues.....
    *Gasp* possible character growth based upon agency for Pete, say it ain't so Big Joe Q say it ain't so. I hope this isn't (yet another) fake-out (we had far too many during Slott's run). If this goes somewhere interesting I might start reading Amazing again.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Totally agreed. And you and I must have similar tastes, because those are my favorite Spider-Man artists! Including JRJR and Chris Bachalo!
    I’m in love JR Jr’s original run in the 80’s, but when he came back in the 90’s, not so much. His style worked better on titles like Daredevil, Punisher, and Thor. I would have killed to see him on a Danny Ketch Ghost Rider book.

so who is Jamie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is Jamie?
    One of Peter's new classmates at ESU in the doctoral program.

Another good issue, mostly transitional setting up and reminding us about a few points they'll be dealing with within the next year or so. Great seeing Ottley back again of course too.

spoilers:
    Jonah finally accepts Norah's journalism proposition. I like how she tells him that he shouldn't really be as opposed to alot of internet articles as he's already perfected the art of the "clickbait headline", and thus would be a perfect fit.

Peter using the Clairvoyance device on a more wider scale to stop certain incidents was something I wasn't expecting, and am now curious what this means going forward. Even though it is basically just completely photocopying CWII, even with the story itself going "Don't worry it won't be THAT bad." (I like Tony and Carol when asked about it are all just "I aint touching that"). But at least he gets to go on his cute online date : p

And then we end with another update with our favourite hooded corpse, this time talking about how much he wants Peter to face off against "his one greatest sin, the one he's forgotten", and to further emphasize his point, revives the Sin Eater. Doesn't seem like there's anymore clearer clues on WHO he could be, but at least WHAT he wants does seem to be teased a bit more. Also seemingly being able to resurrect anyone so easily may also be a big question to think about.

Also, it was relatively minor, but in the early montage we see that Betty is still off doing her thing, keeps trying to contact Peter and he's just ignoring her. Which makes me really mad. Just answer her! The more you hold back the worst it'll be for her!
    end of spoilers

Norah never worked from Jameson, and spoilers:
    Sin-Eater is Stan Carter (he has a police bagde)
    end of spoilers.

BANNED

This was a good return to form issue after the Doom/2099 thing.

It's basically a "day in the life of Spider-Man" and those issues are always fun.

Finally!!! We're back, guys! This was a great issue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Finally!!! We're back, guys! This was a great issue!
    Agreed. So refreshing to have ASM back in form!

This was just a solid issue all around, with a very intriguing cliffhanger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Norah never worked from Jameson, and spoilers:
    Sin-Eater is Stan Carter (he has a police bagde)
    end of spoilers.
    as much as i hated her in BND she probably she worked with him off panel in a time period where peter was mostly doing his teaching job and quit Bugle with robbie when dexter bennet took over. nick seem to be going to places with her as much as i rather he bring back joy mercado from the 80s early 90s. another blonde reporter with a history and more likible.

Astonishing Member

Thank God the disappointment that was the 2099 arc is over. Now this is more like it, a return to form with a real surprise development too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    as much as i hated her in BND she probably she worked with him off panel in a time period where peter was mostly doing his teaching job and quit Bugle with robbie when dexter bennet took over. nick seem to be going to places with her as much as i rather he bring back joy mercado from the 80s early 90s. another blonde reporter with a history and more likible.
    I would like to see Joy Mercado back, too, but I'll gladly take Norah. I did like her jab at Jonah about him ranting on journalistic ethical standards when he was the same guy who was responsible for the Scorpion. A little perspective and all that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This was a good return to form issue after the Doom/2099 thing.

It's basically a "day in the life of Spider-Man" and those issues are always fun.
    Felt that way as well. Definitely part of that had to do with the fact that Ottley is back. The art really captured that dynamic, yet mundane aspect of Pete's life. Great action, yes, but yeah, great character moments as well. Seeing Spidey and MJ towards the end was cute.

Still, how is Clairvoyant different from what happened in Civil War II? Know the broadstrokes of CWII only. Is Clairvoyant a rehash of that or what?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Felt that way as well. Definitely part of that had to do with the fact that Ottley is back. The art really captured that dynamic, yet mundane aspect of Pete's life. Great action, yes, but yeah, great character moments as well. Seeing Spidey and MJ towards the end was cute.

Still, how is Clairvoyant different from what happened in Civil War II? Know the broadstrokes of CWII only. Is Clairvoyant a rehash of that or what?
    Ulysses' visions in Civil War II were being held up by Carol as completely, 100% accurate predictions of the future. With the Clairvoyant, it's acknowledged from the get-go that there are always going to be variations in the Multiverse that'll prevent 100% accuracy in its predictions. It can score a very high percentage of likelihood or probability, but it'll never be 100% accurate or certain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Kind of. It seems like the main difference is that Ulysses in CWII was supposedly "looking into the future" so most of the predictions were based on what WERE going to happen. Whereas for the Clairvoyant device, they make a point in saying that it shows you something that COULD happen, like the building catching fire, the experiments breaking out, etc. so Peter is able to go ahead and check on them beforehand. It isn't a super distinct comparison, but I think the main difference will be how he handles a bigger or more complicated problem since that's when most of the CWII Ulysses issues really came from.

In the last issue, we did see that Peter was able to use the device to view multiple different timelines to see what the results of his actions would be before he did them, so that is a fairly big difference than what happened in CWII, but I'm not sure if that was only a special case because of Lyla, or that always happens whenever he uses it.