Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ulysses' visions in Civil War II were being held up by Carol as completely, 100% accurate predictions of the future. With the Clairvoyant, it's acknowledged from the get-go that there are always going to be variations in the Multiverse that'll prevent 100% accuracy in its predictions. It can score a very high percentage of likelihood or probability, but it'll never be 100% accurate or certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Kind of. It seems like the main difference is that Ulysses in CWII was supposedly "looking into the future" so most of the predictions were based on what WERE going to happen. Whereas for the Clairvoyant device, they make a point in saying that it shows you something that COULD happen, like the building catching fire, the experiments breaking out, etc. so Peter is able to go ahead and check on them beforehand. It isn't a super distinct comparison, but I think the main difference will be how he handles a bigger or more complicated problem since that's when most of the CWII Ulysses issues really came from.

In the last issue, we did see that Peter was able to use the device to view multiple different timelines to see what the results of his actions would be before he did them, so that is a fairly big difference than what happened in CWII, but I'm not sure if that was only a special case because of Lyla, or that always happens whenever he uses it.
    Hmm, okay. I think I see the distinction. Need to brush up on my CWII. .

In any case, going to be interesting to see how Pete handles this. Helped him make more me time with MJ which is cool. I'm already starting to see how it could cause problems with Kindred.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hmm, okay. I think I see the distinction. Need to brush up on my CWII. .

In any case, going to be interesting to see how Pete handles this. Helped him make more me time with MJ which is cool. I'm already starting to see how it could cause problems with Kindred.
    Indeed. Speaking of Kindred . . . who wants to bet the bete noire of One More Day is going to factor into this, what with all his talk of "sins" and "lies"?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Indeed. Speaking of Kindred . . . who wants to bet the bete noire of One More Day is going to factor into this, what with all his talk of "sins" and "lies"?
    I've been saying that for awhile now and this issue only reinforced that belief.

It just seems like everything about Kindred is leading to a reckoning for OMD.

I mean, if it isn't that...what else could it be? What other secret could Peter be hiding that could have fostered so much hatred on Kindred's part?

What other secret could be revealed that would unravel Peter's world?

It's got to be an OMD thing. But hey, we'll see. Whatever it is, I'm sure Spencer's got his big reveal well planned.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 01-08-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Yep, I've been willing to play the benefit of the doubt regarding it since it could've been just one possibility and maybe everyone was just looking a bit too deep into reading it like what happens sometimes. But after his lines in this issues, I have no idea what it else it can be he's referring to other than One More Day. I don't know what else could be his "biggest sin".

Possibly but what would it mean if it does? I mean is Spencer looking to undo it? Is it still be there when he moves on?

Anyway, the revival of Sin Eater just makes me wonder more about Kindred's connection to Peter, i mean i doubt it is the vengeful ghost of Jean DeWolffe looking for payback but still, i wonder how long the mistery will continue.

Aldo didn't really mind 2099, we got Miguel back so that is a win in my book regardless of how it was handled.

Yep, I've been willing to play the benefit of the doubt regarding it since it could've been just one possibility and maybe everyone was just looking a bit too deep into reading it like what happens sometimes. But after his lines in this issues, I have no idea what it else it can be he's referring to other than One More Day. I don't know what else could be his "biggest sin".
    Wasn't letting the thief that killed his Uncle the biggest? I mean it is what started it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Wasn't letting the thief that killed his Uncle the biggest? I mean it is what started it all.
    True, but I moreso mean his biggest sin that he would've forgotten, because if there's one thing we know for an absolute fact, is he obviously hasn't forgotten about that.

BANNED

True, but I moreso mean his biggest sin that he would've forgotten, because if there's one thing we know for an absolute fact, is he obviously hasn't forgotten about that.
    Yeah "biggest sin he has forgotten" does narrow things down. Stuff Peter hasn't forgotten
    -- Letting the Burglar go.
    -- Failing George Stacy.
    -- Failing to save Gwen.
    -- Bringing the Symbiotes to Earth (though considering the Symbiotes preceded Secret Wars as per recent stuff, it's not so big now).

I’m back on board with Spencer. Great down to earth simple Spider-Man story. Thank god we are done with the 2099 nonsense. Loving that cliffhanger as well. Didn’t see that that one coming at all. I actually think this Kindred mystery might be over sooner then we expect because judging from the dialogue it seems like we are inching closer to some Spider-Man/Kindred encounters.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It’s all leading to #50 I imagine. I’m excited, Spencer needs to play it right with Kindred now it’s been teased so long.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It’s all leading to #50 I imagine. I’m excited, Spencer needs to play it right with Kindred now it’s been teased so long.
    Spencer really needs to execute because right or wrong, the success of his run is going to be based on this Kindred reveal. I’m also leaning towards an issue 50 reveal. I’m hoping he nails this because the longer it goes on, the more pressure Spencer inflicts on his shoulders.

So issue #50 will likely hit in July correct?

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    So issue #50 will likely hit in July correct?
    Yes: #50 is in July

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah "biggest sin he has forgotten" does narrow things down. Stuff Peter hasn't forgotten
    -- Letting the Burglar go.
    -- Failing George Stacy.
    -- Failing to save Gwen.
    -- Bringing the Symbiotes to Earth (though considering the Symbiotes preceded Secret Wars as per recent stuff, it's not so big now).
    That last one, he doesn't know about, since Eddie declined to tell him even when the Venom symbiote was urging him to do so, figuring he could exploit Peter's sense of responsibility and self-blame to keep Peter on the hook as a valuable ally against Carnage in Absolute Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just can't figure out what sin he could have committed outside of OMD that he would forget? AND is it a willful act or like in OMD a force greater than him makes him forget he committed it? And will issue 50 be Spencer's last issue? I mean if it is he would go out with a bang I suppose but if it isn't then would we really see the culmination of the Kindred character in issue 50? I think not, I mean, say what you will on how it ended and what it did but Hydracap was something very well built over the course of his run and this is just the same level of building only applied to Spidey.