Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I pray not.

Please look at this awesome art by Chase Conley:

oh god. As much I loved the art, I overlooked something... this is one of my biggest pet peeves.... she has the wrong number of fingers! Ugghhh why do people mess that up all the time?? All denizens of Mojoworld have three fingers and a thumb! Sure, she was a retcon, but Spiral has always had three fingers and a thumb.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    oh god. As much I loved the art, I overlooked something... this is one of my biggest pet peeves.... she has the wrong number of fingers! Ugghhh why do people mess that up all the time?? All denizens of Mojoworld have three fingers and a thumb! Sure, she was a retcon, but Spiral has always had three fingers and a thumb.
    It seems like it fluctuates with like every other piece I see haha. So much fan art depicts her with 5 fingers (even MMX had her with 5 fingers), but yeah, it should be 4. I'm sure Longshot has had this problem as well
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm active, just a bit too busy! Thanks for your confidence!

I'll try to answer largely soon, I'm glad there's another Spiral fan aboard (hi, Frostfire!).

Looking forward to it!

About the 5 or 4 fingers thing, even though the OG art shows her with 4 it does make sense that she'd have all 5 fingers at least on her 2 original limbs. Unless they cut her original arms off and adding all 6 biomechanical arms which I wouldn't put past Mojo to do.

I would say that it does look better with 5 fingers and non mechanical arms, Even if that isn't canon and what she originally appeared as... and I like the more recent depictions of her too in her X Factor uniform.

Oh yeah, most especially in recent years. The artist for the last PAD X-Factor series drew too many fingers on all of the Mojo denizens except Mojo himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Looking forward to it!

About the 5 or 4 fingers thing, even though the OG art shows her with 4 it does make sense that she'd have all 5 fingers at least on her 2 original limbs. Unless they cut her original arms off and adding all 6 biomechanical arms which I wouldn't put past Mojo to do.

I would say that it does look better with 5 fingers and non mechanical arms, Even if that isn't canon and what she originally appeared as... and I like the more recent depictions of her too in her X Factor uniform.
    She’s had three fingers and a thumb since her first appearance. It wasn’t until recent years (2000+) that artists started flubbing her hands. Even the Marvel Legends figure was ruined by the wrong number of fingers. Does it make sense with the Rita retcon? Nope. But Mojo did a lot of stuff to her on a genetic level, so it’s not hard to fathom he gave her hands like all Mojoverse denizens...
    Last edited by Thundershot; 09-03-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Oh yeah, most especially in recent years. The artist for the last PAD X-Factor series drew too many fingers on all of the Mojo denizens except Mojo himself.

She’s had three fingers and a thumb since her first appearance. It wasn’t until recent years (2000+) that artists started flubbing her hands. Even the Marvel Legends figure was ruined by the wrong number of fingers. Does it make sense with the Rita retcon? Nope. But Mojo did a lot of stuff to her on a genetic level, so it’s not hard to fathom he gave her hands like all Mojoverse denizens...
    Yea, its an aesthetic choice, I've seen changes to which hands are robotic, and how her arms are laid out (in a row across the shoulder or sprouting out of her sides) in the same comic!

Some interesting questions - If she died and was resurrected (assuming they would resurrect a mutate) - would she come back as Rita, or as Spiral with 6 organic arms?

If she had kids - would they also have 6 arms, or would they be normal? If they did have 6 arms, they'd be considered a mutant since they were born like that?

always annoyed me that Spiral isn't a mutant with such a cool design

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    always annoyed me that Spiral isn't a mutant with such a cool design
    Yea - it really hurts her as she doesn't get to appear in a lot of mainstream stories.

It would be cool if she got to go to Krakoa and meet Jumbo Carnation and have him design for her! (if you don't know he's a 4 armed mutant who is a fashion designer who works with Emma Frost - and he specializes in cloths for mutants who don't have normal forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Yea - it really hurts her as she doesn't get to appear in a lot of mainstream stories.

It would be cool if she got to go to Krakoa and meet Jumbo Carnation and have him design for her! (if you don't know he's a 4 armed mutant who is a fashion designer who works with Emma Frost - and he specializes in cloths for mutants who don't have normal forms.
    He might as well have designed what she's using in X-factor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    He might as well have designed what she's using in X-factor.
    Yea, I just recently saw her X-Factor investigations getup and it looks like a honey comb rubber suit with 2 spikes out of her head, she could stand to visit Jumbo Carnation haha!

X-Factor #3... poor Spiral... I so wish she was written and drawn consistently....

Even Arize had four fingers and a thumb.... sigh

Spectacular Member

Eh I'm not so much a stickler about the fingers (unpopular opinion I prefer her with 5 and no mechanical parts) - are we allowed to discuss the current issue right at release? Not sure what the rules are about spoilers and timing of current content.