Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I guess all those who clamored for Vic’s “history with the Titans” to be restored are ecstatic!
    I am! But we gotta wait and see what DC does.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I guess all those who clamored for Vic’s “history with the Titans” to be restored are ecstatic!
    This says you can't be BOTHERED to build up Cyborg (let alone any of his Titans friends) into his own world that you go back to this.

In terms of usage it's a good thing. Because he can expect to be used in whatever Titans stuff is coming.

BANNED

While I still don't like the George Perez design, that is probably the best look Cyborg has had, in my opinion. It's not overdone like all the others and it makes him look the least like a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This says you can't be BOTHERED to build up Cyborg (let alone any of his Titans friends) into his own world that you go back to this.

In terms of usage it's a good thing. Because he can expect to be used in whatever Titans stuff is coming.
    Go back to what? He was already in the Justice League before The New-52 started. This seems to be referring to the same Cyborg from around 2010 when he had already "graduated" to the big leagues. Just because "everything happened" according to the latest continuity shift, doesn't mean he's actually going to be back to being a Titans member again.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-06-2020 at 05:04 PM.

He was in the book immediately before Flashpoint, but he wasn't on the team. One of many heroes who got Eclipsed.

But yeah, I don't see Cyborg going back to the Titans. If they have any sense, they'll change it so that he got an upgrade (the Mother Box and Boom Tube) when he joined the New 52 team, and was a Titan prior to that. In other words, he was promoted to the big leagues, instead of joining in his origin story.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-06-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Cyborg needs soon a solo book again! On teams writters always mistreats him! Always other characters shine instead him, on dialogue, action and etc... by the way, no one knows anything about Cyborg solo movie, or is it totally dead? I think he may be shows up on The Flash movie, since Flash Miller on Arrowverse mentioned him!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was in the book immediately before Flashpoint, but he wasn't on the team. One of many heroes who got Eclipsed.

But yeah, I don't see Cyborg going back to the Titans. If they have any sense, they'll change it so that he got an upgrade (the Mother Box and Boom Tube) when he joined the New 52 team, and was a Titan prior to that. In other words, he was promoted to the big leagues, instead of joining in his origin story.
    That's how I want it done. Vic earned the right to be in the League over the course of decades. Taking that out of his history doesn't really benefit him in any way. You want him to be something other than a Titan? Put him in the League (or whatever team) and keep him there, but you don't have to take his character apart to get there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

If Cyborg ever goes back to the Titans, he'll be their leader or handler while maintaining his JL membership.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Cyborg ever goes back to the Titans, he'll be their leader or handler while maintaining his JL membership.
    So basically a chaperone to a bunch of kids. It’s fine if Cyborg has his Titans history but he should never be put back on the team. That’s like Harley going back to the Joker. All character development completely trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    While I still don't like the George Perez design, that is probably the best look Cyborg has had, in my opinion. It's not overdone like all the others and it makes him look the least like a robot.
    It's the amount of skin they show
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So basically a chaperone to a bunch of kids. It’s fine if Cyborg has his Titans history but he should never be put back on the team. That’s like Harley going back to the Joker. All character development completely trashed.
    I don't support him going back to the Titans unless they actually plan on doing something interesting with that franchise, what they had last decade is not going to cut it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

The attempts to make a Cyborg a worthwhile solo character haven't worked out, so I don't think it would be a strange move to put him back with the characters he's most associated with. The difference between him and Harley Quinn is that she is actually working well as her own character, so it makes sense to keep using her in that capacity. Also, I believe the main reason DC pushed him at all (besides feeling obliged to have a black guy on the Justice League) was because of plans to use him in a Justice League movie (which happened and bombed) and give him his own film. Now that all of that has been poop-canned, I don't believe the character has the same level of priority he had before. I think his push is more or less done. I don't even think he is in the Justice League anymore.

I could write entire essays on why Cyborg's push didn't work out, but the real take aways are:

Don't promote a character unless there is a real demand for it (such as Wolverine, Venom, and even Harley Quinn).

Don't promote a character unless creators or someone has a very strong vision for where they want to take that character and how they're going to get there. Essentially, someone has to have a very strong story to tell.

Don't promote a character JUST BECAUSE they're black. That's just affirmative action. There has to be real genuine substance for it to really take hold.

If those things aren't in place, you may end up doing more harm to the character than good, especially for a black man character who some people will already have a problem with him even being there and will say things like "He's only there because of diversity."
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-07-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Cyborg currently appears in Justice League Odyssey. Officially, he's still a Leaguer, but he's currently brainwashed by Darkseid.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    So like Wally in 1999-2003 then - he was a Titan and a Leaguer, the Titans being a family who were training younger heroes, whereas the JLA was just a job.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-07-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Cyborg currently appears in Justice League Odyssey. Officially, he's still a Leaguer, but he's currently brainwashed by Darkseid.
    So like Wally in 1999-2003 then - he was a Titan and a Leaguer, the Titans being a family who were training younger heroes, whereas the JLA was just a job.
    That's Justice League Odyssey. Some B team. That may as well be a whole different thing. What happens to him when that series inevitably ends?

Somehow, I won't be surprised if he doesn't return to the real justice league.

Furthermore, his role as being a real member of justice league Odyssey is probably over. That's probably Jessica's team for the remainder of its duration.

BANNED

Do you think there will be something between Cyborg and Rita Farr on Doom Patrol series? About JL Oddysey, probably his membership is dead, I mean they wasted the last issue when he should have been freed from Darkseid´s control...