Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

You guys do notice that the book is called TEEN titans not Titans right? The Titans are background characters! I knew cyborg going back to the titans was going to be a downgrade.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Possible Crush push?

Astonishing Member

DC seems to have finally committed to a Cyborg design and it happens to be one of the worst he's had in years lol. Hopefully they go back to the DCYou version eventually but I feel like that won't happen unless Vic gets used in the DCEU again and gets a more techno-organic design.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    DC seems to have finally committed to a Cyborg design and it happens to be one of the worst he's had in years lol. Hopefully they go back to the DCYou version eventually but I feel like that won't happen unless Vic gets used in the DCEU again and gets a more techno-organic design.
    His DCEU design is just atrocious, and given Snyder’s whole aesthetic I don’t see it improving.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His DCEU design is just atrocious, and given Snyder’s whole aesthetic I don’t see it improving.
    Ideally Vic would have a project lined up after the Snyder Cut to continue streamlining his design, but that doesn't seem likely. So looks like he's stuck with the current look until someone decides to change it. If he could get his personality back like under Williamson's JL tie-ins to Death Metal I'd be happy though. At this point that's the best we can hope for lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    You guys do notice that the book is called TEEN titans not Titans right? The Titans are background characters! I knew cyborg going back to the titans was going to be a downgrade.
    Yup. I've been saying for years the Titans is not the IP for these characters anymore; it's a noose around their necks, not an opportunity for growth and development.

Best case scenario is that Vic is written like a cool, badass teacher who shows up to bail the kids out of trouble with a whole giant can of whupass, sort of like how Johns used him in the early issues of his Titans run (watching Vic take down Dr. Light was uber cool).

I mean, that's arguably better than being the League's taxi but that's a pretty thin consolation prize when we all know Vic could be a leading man, if DC put in just a *tiny* bit of real effort.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Geez louise...!! Even in the future his body still hasn't evolved using all the advanced tech he is made up of! Lol, who is driving the bus for DC and Marvel.

Guess it's a good thing that Cyborg is still featured on promotional posters but I will never understand why is it so difficult to stick with a more appealing design. The Ivan Reis design was about as good as it gets. This is basically a less bulky version of the Jim Lee design.

Yeah, I don't get why they don't give him a costume more like what he has in the Teen Titans cartoon. I guess the DC You one was the closest with going to the blue color scheme and having his arms show exposed skin, but that was a long time ago now. I feel like that cartoon design is more well known than the Snyder JL movie design they seem to be more set on copying.

Also this is off topic but I just noticed it. Who is that Superman behind Starfire? Is that supposed to be the classic Earth 2 Superman or is that supposed to be Val Zod? He is in shadows so you can't really tell who he is supposed to be based off his skin color.

I'm giving the first issue of TTA a shot, but mostly because of Red X.

@Badou Calvin Ellis, President Superman of Earth-23 if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's Calvin Ellis, President Superman of earth-23.

And DC's inability to make Vic viable is indeed one of the company's greatest shames. Not that f*cking hard to make him work; if Teen Titans GO! can do it there's no excuse at all for the comics to fail at it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, Vic is one who absolutely can be greater if they really wanted to.

Figured I'd post yet another drawing I did recently. Wanted to draw Vic showing skin since modern designs are usually brain in a jar cyborgs.
    20201219_171409.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    Yeah, Vic is one who absolutely can be greater if they really wanted to.

Figured I'd post yet another drawing I did recently. Wanted to draw Vic showing skin since modern designs are usually brain in a jar cyborgs.
    20201219_171409.jpg
    This is heads and shoulders above all the versions I've seen so far! I say go a lil further and reveal more face.

This comment is in regards to the 1980s NTT. I haven't re-read these recently, so apologize if I've misremembered and have the details wrong.

First, I want to acknowledge there were strong variations (not necessarily outright contradictions, as I recall, but definitely added details that changed the entire flavor) of the relationship Vic had with his parents growing up. I prefer the less-ghastly version, when they didn’t treat their child like an experiment when he was young.

We know that Victor had a poor relationship with his parents. They didn’t accept that he wasn’t like them and didn’t want what they did. They didn’t value his accomplishments or goals. He, in turn, treated them with derision. Later we met Silas’ parents. And it seems they didn’t value Silas’ goals or accomplishments and Silas and his parents treated each other with derision.

I expect Vic would have ended up as distant from his parents as Silas did.

Very different people, but relationship dynamics repeat. Just something I hadn’t thought of in those terms until now. Though, for all I know, it's addressed in the comics, and I've just forgotten it.
    _________

You may now return to discussing the events of the 21st century.