Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought *that* guy was going to be Vic at first, actually. Then names got dropped and I realized Weisman tricked me!
    I thought he was supposed to be Ronnie Raymond until they revealed what his full name was in the credits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I see what Bryan Hill is doing with Batman & The Outsiders. It’s a team book yet it feels like every character gets developed respectfully. New abilities are introduced and showcased. A great writer can do that. A great writer can write more than Batman. Sadly there’s only one of him.
    It helps that it's not a large team.

BANNED

If you could ship Cyborg with some Titan girl like Raven, Starfire or even Donna Troy, who and why? by the way, any Cyborg x Jinx fan here?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It helps that it's not a large team.
    Can’t agree with that.

Featuring:
    Batman
    Black Lightning
    Katana
    Orphan
    Signal

While introducing:
    Babylon

Then introducing new villains:
    Kaliber
    Ishmael
    Karma (continuing from the Detectives Comics pilot)

And having enough room to still highlight:
    Lady Shiva
    Ra’s al Ghul

Mr. Hill just makes it look effortless.

I let this rest though as it’s a Cyborg thread.

I thought he was supposed to be Ronnie Raymond until they revealed what his full name was in the credits.
    Hmmm. Maybe we'll get Firestorm next season? I'm hoping for him (them?) and Starfire, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    If you could ship Cyborg with some Titan girl like Raven, Starfire or even Donna Troy, who and why? by the way, any Cyborg x Jinx fan here?
    Sarah Charles. Vic needs some normal in his life (insofar as Sarah's normal, given where she works and who she knows). But if it has to be a Titan? I dunno, Raven I guess. Tech/magic combos can be fun. Maybe he'd end up being a little happier in the comics, as a balance to Raven's emo.

And I'm totally all about Jinx for Vic's femme fatale.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Raven because her being the emo one means Vic can stop being miserable all the time. Meeting her parents would be pretty awkward though

Jinx was cool, does she even exist in canon right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Can’t agree with that.

Featuring:
    Batman
    Black Lightning
    Katana
    Orphan
    Signal

While introducing:
    Babylon

Then introducing new villains:
    Kaliber
    Ishmael
    Karma (continuing from the Detectives Comics pilot)

And having enough room to still highlight:
    Lady Shiva
    Ra’s al Ghul

Mr. Hill just makes it look effortless.

I let this rest though as it’s a Cyborg thread.
    We were strictly discussing the team, so I limited my comment to that, and I feel having a smaller roster lends itself well to balancing everything especially when the focus should remain mostly on the team.

But agreed that this isn't the thread for discussing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jinx was cool, does she even exist in canon right now?
    The old one is.

BANNED

I don't ship Cyborg with anyone, but if I had to write a Cyborg story, I would put him with Jinx, because I think she's the most interesting thing in that department he's had going on. Besides, that version of the character ought to be brought into the comics, and that relationship should be brought into the comics and built upon. I don't know why these guys writing comics very seldom take things from the much more popular cartoons. I definitely get that Teen Titans Go! is a totally different thing, but there are some ideas that can be mined there. It's certainly better than having him get possessed by Darkseid, hacked, or ripped to shreds. I mean, they take those type of ideas and do them over and over again, yet kick the better stuff to the curb. Baffles me.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-28-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't ship Cyborg with anyone, but if I had to write a Cyborg story, I would put him with Jinx, because I think she's the most interesting thing in that department he's had going on. Besides, that version of the character ought to be brought into the comics, and that relationship should be brought into the comics and built upon. I don't know why these guys writing comics very seldom take things from the much more popular cartoons. I definitely get that Teen Titans Go! is a totally different thing, but there are some ideas that can be mined there.
    The answer: Lazy

BANNED

And ship Cyborg with some Justice League girl? Like Jessica Cruz? Talking about ship, does anybody remember his son from "the future" on Justice League Rebirth (2016)? I don´t remember if anyone ever said who was his mother

I don't ship Cyborg with anyone, but if I had to write a Cyborg story, I would put him with Jinx, because I think she's the most interesting thing in that department he's had going on. Besides, that version of the character ought to be brought into the comics, and that relationship should be brought into the comics and built upon. I don't know why these guys writing comics very seldom take things from the much more popular cartoons. I definitely get that Teen Titans Go! is a totally different thing, but there are some ideas that can be mined there. It's certainly better than having him get possessed by Darkseid, hacked, or ripped to shreds. I mean, they take those type of ideas and do them over and over again, yet kick the better stuff to the curb. Baffles me.
    Would this be with Jinx from the cartoons or actual comic Jinx ?

Astonishing Member

Just give comic Jinx the same personality as her cartoon counterpart. If we're being honest, Jinx and her buddies have been around for 30 + years in the comics and writers haven't given them actual personalities (or the bare minimum of characterization if we're being generous).

Another great character with a compelling backstory who doesn't get the spotlight as much as de deserves, maybe someday?

Got to show my love for Victor.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Just give comic Jinx the same personality as her cartoon counterpart. If we're being honest, Jinx and her buddies have been around for 30 + years in the comics and writers haven't given them actual personalities (or the bare minimum of characterization if we're being generous).
    I don't think the cartoon personality would work unless they redesigned the comic version to look more like the cartoon.

Although, honestly, I doubt anyone would complain even if it meant less "diversity."

BANNED

The cartoon since that's the one people tend to know if they know the character at all.

The cartoon since that's the one people tend to know if they know the character at all.
    I can't argue with that.