Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    >has shown nothing but love and respect for the character
    >reluctant to say booyah
    That's the general "no fun allowed" tone of the early movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think accusations of this magnitude should never be tweeted publicly with absolutely no evidence to back them up with. He's not claiming that him and Johns had creative differences or anything that could be perceived as shady on Johns' part, he's flatout accusing him of criminal behavior, which is what threatening someone's professional career is about. People can feel about Johns however they will, that's not the way to approach matters such as this. If Johns has truly done something of sorts, he should be taken to court for it and punished accordingly. If not, then you can't falsely accuse someone of something like this publicly and get away with it. You just can't do that. I can't express personal opinions on whether I think Johns is the type of guy to do that because I don't know him, but I believe this was the wrong approach to take on Fisher's part.
    You're right, we don't know what really happened. And if Ray Fisher is very serious about this, then hopefully we can get a conclusion from the court to see whether he's telling the truth or not. I mean, Geoff Johns always came off to me like one of those shrewd business guys, since he always made some dumb decisions that I don't like and can't stand. So if he's really guilty of what Ray Fisher is saying, then I wouldn't be surprised. But yea, he should've done a better approach here.

Hopefully he has something a bit more substantive, because "Thinly veiled" is hard to actually prove in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    You're right, we don't know what really happened. And if Ray Fisher is very serious about this, then hopefully we can get a conclusion from the court to see whether he's telling the truth or not. I mean, Geoff Johns always came off to me like one of those shrewd business guys, since he always made some dumb decisions that I don't like and can't stand. So if he's really guilty of what Ray Fisher is saying, then I wouldn't be surprised. But yea, he should've done a better approach here.
    I don't think that makes him a shrewd business guy, just a creator who made decisions you didn't agree with.

I guess if anything makes him a shrewd business guy it's that adaptions generally emphasize his work more than anything but I'm not sure if that's something Johns has a hand in making happen or just because his work is popular (could be both).

I certainly hope that he has a good case, otherwise he's literally calling his former boss a criminal with no evidence. Read his tweet again, he specifies the LA reshoots as the location where the alleged incident happened. According to him he tried to "take grievances" with Whedon the appropriate way and Johns threatened his career for it. That's workplace retaliation, which from what I understand is illegal in the state of California that he specifically made sure to point out the reshoots took place in. He's straight up calling Geoff Johns a criminal here and doesn't back it up with anything. At least in Whedon's case there were other instances of people accusing him of bad conduct, that hasn't been the case with Johns whom he publicly accused of criminal behavior with no proof.

I would probably question the timing as well since he made that tweet 9 days prior to DC Fandome that Johns is slated to be a part of. Not accusing Fisher of wanting to publicly sabotage Johns and cost him professional opportunities, but with nothing to back his claims with, it does seems suspicious. He previously claimed that he was gathering evidence and witnesses and that a "process is underway", so why did he not wait until he had the supposed evidence to offer and that process was complete, before publicly defaming someone like that. This is a dangerous thing that I don't understand why people keep doing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-13-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

What are you guy's thoughts about this? Do you guys think Geoff Johns is the type of guy who like to belittle people and threatened people's careers?

I believe Ray Fisher. I have no respect for Geoff Johns at all.
    What power does Johns have to threaten a career?

He is not going to tell Tyler Perry let alone Jordan Peeple or others that can't hire Ray. Even with WB behind him-he can't do that.

He can be mad and bitter about Cyborg not getting a movie but everyone knew that film was NEVER going to happen.

He forgets he can be replaced. If they did. ELi Goree say HI.

Incredible Member

IMO, Ray Fischer is coming off as a bit overly-sensitive. In my experience, I have tough "bosses" that I had to deal with. And you know what? Most of the time, they are there to bring out an EMPLOYEE's best performance. Otherwise, I could have easily been replaced.

Still, in this case, it seems that Ray had a good relationship with Zach Snyder, but couldn't adjust to the change in management, when Joss Whedon took over. Couple the additional reshoots with being edited out, I can imagine Ray feeling marginalized. And this BLM thing has only exacerbated Ray's disgruntled attitude towards his former bosses.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    IMO, Ray Fischer is coming off as a bit overly-sensitive. In my experience, I have tough "bosses" that I had to deal with. And you know what? Most of the time, they are there to bring out an EMPLOYEE's best performance. Otherwise, I could have easily been replaced.

Still, in this case, it seems that Ray had a good relationship with Zach Snyder, but couldn't adjust to the change in management, when Joss Whedon took over. Couple the additional reshoots with being edited out, I can imagine Ray feeling marginalized. And this BLM thing has only exacerbated Ray's disgruntled attitude towards his former bosses.
    Well they can't get him a job.

However there is a way you can do this with the snippy stuff.

All he had to say was "Cyborg the only black hero in that movie had the most scenes cut and will most likely be without a solo movie. Who wants to explain that to the public? Because that is a BAD look to a group of folks who spends a LOT of money to go to movies and to buy merchandise."

And them get some tea and sit down and be quiet.

All eyes fall on the studio.

Hope to see Cyborg in the Suicide Squad game.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you have the Target app-wait until they have a sale on it. Especially around winter. Sometimes they run buy 2 items (blue ray, book, dvd) and get 1 free. They will toss in season sets.

And to keep this on topic.....

Cyborg and his buddy Exxy Clark art.

I went with Doom Patrol outfit Cyborg and took liberties with his look.

http://fav.me/de2qbef
    Materials card stock & Sharpies
    Love this art!
    Last edited by Cyborguy; 08-14-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I certainly hope that he has a good case, otherwise he's literally calling his former boss a criminal with no evidence. Read his tweet again, he specifies the LA reshoots as the location where the alleged incident happened. According to him he tried to "take grievances" with Whedon the appropriate way and Johns threatened his career for it. That's workplace retaliation, which from what I understand is illegal in the state of California that he specifically made sure to point out the reshoots took place in. He's straight up calling Geoff Johns a criminal here and doesn't back it up with anything. At least in Whedon's case there were other instances of people accusing him of bad conduct, that hasn't been the case with Johns whom he publicly accused of criminal behavior with no proof.

I would probably question the timing as well since he made that tweet 9 days prior to DC Fandome that Johns is slated to be a part of. Not accusing Fisher of wanting to publicly sabotage Johns and cost him professional opportunities, but with nothing to back his claims with, it does seems suspicious. He previously claimed that he was gathering evidence and witnesses and that a "process is underway", so why did he not wait until he had the supposed evidence to offer and that process was complete, before publicly defaming someone like that. This is a dangerous thing that I don't understand why people keep doing.
    I thought it's only illegal in the state of California if the higher ups within the company retaliate based off on the worker's actions against the company? I would admit that accusing someone of criminal behavior is strong accusation. No doubt. But it seemed like he would be more careful, since he even said some time ago that he can't say everything due to legal terms or something like that. So it should've been common sense for him.

Ultimate Member

I thought it's only illegal in the state of California if the higher ups within the company retaliate based off on the worker's actions against the company? I would admit that accusing someone of criminal behavior is strong accusation. No doubt. But it seemed like he would be more careful, since he even said some time ago that he can't say everything due to legal terms or something like that. So it should've been common sense for him.
    The thing with retaliation is there is no one set form of it.
    It's not just shooting or killing someone.
    Or blacklisting a person.
    It actually can come in any form. And if you don't pay attention you would never notice it. Especially if you are in states that are work for hire. Meaning you can be fired at anytime without reason.
    That is why folks leave a situation rather than fight it. Even if they are in the right. Google Abar Rouse or Eric Murdock.
    Same with cops. Same with educators.

You know what would be pretty cool, an out of continuity history of Cyborg book. Like with the new 52 he just sort of became part of the Justice League from the start of it. There should be a series that connects his past history to his history with the Justice League.

Start with the accident, then go to the Titans, have him become upgraded with apokolips tech as a huge upgrade, and then Bam joins the Justice League. I think it would be a good book, connect the dots with characters history.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what would be pretty cool, an out of continuity history of Cyborg book. Like with the new 52 he just sort of became part of the Justice League from the start of it. There should be a series that connects his past history to his history with the Justice League.

Start with the accident, then go to the Titans, have him become upgraded with apokolips tech as a huge upgrade, and then Bam joins the Justice League. I think it would be a good book, connect the dots with characters history.
    In my headcannon I have it as Cyborg getting an upgrade after taking huge amounts of damage during the apokolips invasion while he was helping out the JL.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

At the very least I'd like a story arc in someone's book dedicated to Vic's history and sorting things out. I'd love a Cyborg series or mini again, but I'd accept him getting the focus of an arc in JL or something instead.

But I'd make this suggestion:

After being a Titan, Vic eventually joins the League.....and in his first mission with them, deals with the Darkseid invasion and gets his New Gods upgrade. Have him join the League first (and he did join them shortly before the New52 in Robinson's replacement League) because otherwise it looks like they only take him because he got more powerful. Let Vic earn his spot on his own merits, and not because he got hooked up to a Mother Box.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.