Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I don't think Vic is going to get too far from the League. Maybe a B team after Odyssey wraps. Or double time with the League and the Titans or Doom Patrol maybe, like Wally used to. But I don't think DC wants the bad PR of demoting the only black guy on the roster, and it's probably only a matter of time before John Stewart is replaced for Hal again (grumblebullshitgrumble) so you can't necessarily rely on him to be there.

Moments like this really make me miss McDuffie's roster. This kinda crap shouldn't even be a consideration anymore.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think Vic is going to get too far from the League. Maybe a B team after Odyssey wraps. Or double time with the League and the Titans or Doom Patrol maybe, like Wally used to. But I don't think DC wants the bad PR of demoting the only black guy on the roster, and it's probably only a matter of time before John Stewart is replaced for Hal again (grumblebullshitgrumble) so you can't necessarily rely on him to be there.

Moments like this really make me miss McDuffie's roster. This kinda crap shouldn't even be a consideration anymore.
    If the 5G rumors are true, and if DC goes through with that, then John Stewart, Cyborg, and Hal Jordan probably won't be on the Justice League. Once that runs its course, who knows what the landscape of things will look like.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Do you think there will be something between Cyborg and Rita Farr on Doom Patrol series? About JL Oddysey, probably his membership is dead, I mean they wasted the last issue when he should have been freed from Darkseid´s control...
    Honestly I can't imagine someone Cyborg could have less in common with on that show, and I think Vic having a foot firmly entrenched in the mundane is extremely important for someone who is supposed to represent a dichotomy between technological enhancement and the human experience. Nobody on the Doom Patrol is a good match for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I guess all those who clamored for Vic’s “history with the Titans” to be restored are ecstatic!
    If DC finally bites the bullet, it would be about darn time .

I'm tired of DC being so wishy-washy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So basically a chaperone to a bunch of kids. It’s fine if Cyborg has his Titans history but he should never be put back on the team. That’s like Harley going back to the Joker. All character development completely trashed.
    I mean, for the most part the Titans team isn't about chaperoning a bunch of kids save for one or two variants of the team, so I don't think that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    If the 5G rumors are true, and if DC goes through with that, then John Stewart, Cyborg, and Hal Jordan probably won't be on the Justice League. Once that runs its course, who knows what the landscape of things will look like.
    Jon and Hal sure, they'd be getting old. Kyle or Jessica would be far more likely as the team's Green Lantern, they're younger.

But Cyborg? Why would an age up cause him to leave?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon and Hal sure, they'd be getting old. Kyle or Jessica would be far more likely as the team's Green Lantern, they're younger.

Maybe all the Titans are getting phased out? We've heard nothing about what may or may not happen to any of them once 5G hits.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe all the Titans are getting phased out? We've heard nothing about what may or may not happen to any of them once 5G hits.
    Not with two tv shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Well, to leave, he has to be there first. Cyborg may be an awol Justice Leaguer...or DC could have already quietly, surprisingly gracefully, phased him out of the Justice League already. I mean, he hasn't been there as a regular in some 40-something issues by now. At this point, saying Cyborg is still in the Justice League (the real one) is kind of like saying Hal Jordan is still in the Justice League. Cyborg was part of the New 52 Justice League, but I think that's over and done with. Whether he goes back or not kind of remains to be seen, but I'm personally not going to assume his spot will be there for him. Some writer, like Scott Snyder, might not want to use him and I don't think Cyborg is important enough now for DC to force someone to use him on the League. Also, some writer might want to write him in Teen Titans or something.

As for the 5G thing, based on what I've heard, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that DC will want a fresh team of legacies for its 5G Justice League. I just don't get the feeling that Cyborg will be a part of that. He might (if it even happens), but again, I'm not just going to assume he'll be there.

It seems that people have gotten really comfortable with the idea of Cyborg indefinitely being in the Justice League...and I don't really think that's a thing after the JL movie bombed and his planned film was scrapped. Nowadays, I think if a writer doesn't want Cyborg there, he won't be there. I'd also be REALLY surprised if DC attempts another solo with him anytime in the foreseeable future. I guess that's not particularly positive, but I guess I'm a realist.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-08-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not with two tv shows.
    That's never stopped DC before.

Yeah, Legends of Tomorrow doesn't exist in the comics. The only comic by that title was completely unrelated to the show. And the Young Justice cartoon's first two seasons ran when the name wasn't being used in the comics (the third season launched around the same time as the current comic) - because they'd cancelled the comic and moved the main characters to the Titans for synergy when the Teen Titans cartoon started!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So, in Doom Patrol Season 2 they casted Karen Obilom as Roni Evers, some militar woman Cyborg meets on a reunion about post traumatic stress, am I the only who thinks probably she´s love interest to Vic?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

New shot of the upcoming animated JL movieIMG_20200227_133310.jpg

The only good thing Cyborg is useful for after his new origin...Exactly why I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

The only good thing Cyborg is useful for after his new origin...Exactly why I hate it.
    To be fair the rest of the League gets massively ****** up as well. I think most are enslaved by Darkseid so at least Vic looks to still be outside of his control. But yeah it’s beyond old seeing Vic constantly getting torn to pieces.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To be fair the rest of the League gets massively ****** up as well. I think most are enslaved by Darkseid so at least Vic looks to still be outside of his control. But yeah it’s beyond old seeing Vic constantly getting torn to pieces.
    It's annoying because this literally just happened in DCeased. This is why I don't like the mother box origin..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

To this day I still think that while the use of a Mother Box upped Vic's power levels it was a missed opportunity to give him some unique tech of his own to strengthen his own mythos. And since it's Apokoliptan tech he's attached to he inevitably ends up as a deus ex machina every time there's a story centered around them. Granted we don't know the context of this pic or his overall role in the story, but I don't think the Mother Box aspect of Cyborg is used in interesting ways.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-27-2020 at 03:52 PM.